Do You Think Spence Will Fight Crawford If Crawford Goes To PBC...???

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by JOKER, May 12, 2021.

1. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    Spence has already shown zero interest in fighting Bud. I think Bud carves Spence up like a Thanksgiving turkey.

TKO6 or under.

Ph33rknot and Oneirokritis like this.
  2. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Crawford ain't going to PBC the dummy is loyal to Uncle Bob and Top Rank.

3. jaytxxl

jaytxxl Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Im a big Spence fan and definitely not in favor of Bud Crawford. But I’m not gonna ignore that PBC never delivered Spence vs Thurman, Charlo vs Hurd, Plant vs Benavidez and Russell vs Santa Cruz. All of those fights would have been undefeated (except Russell) unification fights between 2 top 3 fighters within their respective divisions. At the time Spence, Charlo, Plant and Russell all wanted those fights badly but the other guys wasn’t so willing and the fights didn’t get made.

So Bud Crawford turning down a contract with Top Rank with a guaranteed minimum of $3.5 million per fight was his financially safest bet when the alternative is signing under a fluid contract and still not guaranteed to get the fight you want. PBC can’t and won’t force a fighter to take a fight that they don’t want.

4. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Spence will fight Crawford but Crawford needs to accept the money offered. It’s not going to be bettered and if delays the offer goes down in value to Crawford who brings less to the table.

5. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Fair post but to be honest Covid has messed up boxing for over a year now. If Covid didn't happen those fights might have been made.

HellSpawn86 and jaytxxl like this.
  6. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    Not after Bob publicly said his ass was unmarketable and he's a loss for the company.

:zpong:

HellSpawn86 and Pimp C like this.
  7. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    If he went PBC, i think they still would make him wait a few years

jaytxxl likes this.
  8. Shinjitsu

Shinjitsu New Member Full Member

May 11, 2021
    If Crawford for some miracle does indeed go over to PBC, the fight will be made. I mean Spence fought Garcia, and Porter who are the top 5 welterweight fighters in the division. Al Haymon isn't afraid to put his best fighter record at risk. The fight will be made in less than a year.

It just a matter of Crawford is willing to do it. So far he doesn't care about legacy. He's comfortable fighting B-level fighters for millions. I don't blame the guy. Why risk your health fighting top fighters, in which you can fight weaker opposition for the same amount of money.

This is why I don't rank Crawford in the P4P List. You can have all the talent in the world, you can look great beating tomato cans, but if you haven't fought a 10 ten welterweight in 4-5 years. You are not a P4P fighter.

This is why I don't take Top Rank/Espn Seriously. How can such a prestigious company say such bull**** on live tv, in order to give false recognition to the audience for their own agenda.

HellSpawn86 and sasto like this.
  9. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
  10. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
    No PBC would still mess around with Bud and not give him the big fights. The best thing he could do is become a free agent like Canelo.

11. VBOX

VBOX JOURNEYMAN Full Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Sure why not? PBC is trying to build their brand even more. I don't see why this fight doesn't happen as long as they are both PBC.

HellSpawn86 likes this.
  12. HellSpawn86

HellSpawn86 Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 6, 2007
    I don't think 99.9% of boxer actively avoid each other, they are just trying to get the right pay day. The problem is that they over estimate their values and need to risk a bit more so they can try and get paid. It's a tough business to be in.

VBOX likes this.
  13. Hanz Cholo

Hanz Cholo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    I like Crawford
    But I think Spence should be ranked over him.

resume for Crawford looking less impressive then GGG’s for different reasons. (Still doesn’t have a Canelo type name on his resume)

he would have to be the B-side
    But egos are a MF.
    So no,
    I think they won’t fight but it will be because of Crawford not wanting to concede the “A-$ide” status.

HellSpawn86 likes this.
  14. VBOX

Feb 8, 2012
    I have to agree. Top Rank has been on a downward trajectory post Pac.

Shinjitsu likes this.
  15. VBOX

Feb 8, 2012
    That is true. A lot of these guys came up the ranks together. I don't think it's about fear lol.

HellSpawn86 likes this.