Does anybody think Wilder will get any more popular ?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by snake33, May 21, 2019.

1. nickpoppunk

nickpoppunk Unbelievable Bentekkers Full Member

Feb 14, 2012
    yes if he keeps knocking people out, he needs to knock fury or aj out and he is there.
    that being said the team n promotion around him needs to improve, AJ/floyd/tyson didnt do it just by themselves. they needed media and promotional help, good or bad news!

i have a question regarding wilder though, with him openly saying he wants to kill someone in the ring, if he did, would he be on a murder charge???? what are the regulations for this. if anyone knows

2. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Hey - I am a realist, I have no pride here or ego, or agenda, I speak the truth, I give credit where it due. I'm still a hardcore Dillian Whyte fan btw..? But Wilder has 41 KO's and it doesn't matter who has a pulse or not, it is not related to durability... Wilder will KO anyone in the same fashion if he lands.. and guess what... given enough time he WILL land... so it's either you get up off the canvas to win, or you land first.

Yes he did look very impressive, Tank you are lying to yourself when you say Breazeale was in worse shape... it is the SAME breazeale, and he was in much better conditioning as noted by the entire forum prior to the fight. Breazeale came out and did what Breazeale ALWAYS does and that's the problem and reason he lost. But it is the SAME breazeale that outhearted a highly skilled IZU and took AJ SEVEN ROUNDS. At the very LEAST the same guy or improved with conditioning and experience.

Yes he did, he is still a human being, so he does still get rocked by a known puncher in breazeale... yeah maybe a more technically savvy fighter would have jumped all over Wilder... as I recall... that is what Breazeale did.... but I don't think Wilder would have left himself so open against a technically savvy fighter during an exchange... he did that with Breazeale because he KNOWS Breaz is slow as hell and Wilder is explosive as ****.

Yeah they would certainly attempt too, but I genuinely believe everyone is sleeping on Wilders athletic prowess in his ability to dodge, and get out of the way fast enough.... he is pretty damn explosive with all his movements, and he also keeps range exceptionally well with his length and reach. Wilder is durable whether you accept it or not, he is definitely a durable guy.... I have an eye for these things, I observe him closely when he takes a shot... and he has a strong chin, f

orget that sconiers bull****... he took two clean desperate overhand rights from Breazeale that dropped IZU and he didn't go down/... Ortiz was allowed to TEE OFF on Wilder for a LONG time against the ropes... he threw the Cuban kitchen sink at Wilder jaw and Wilder did not go down, he was shaky, but he was fully conscious and aware...

Well then that is your own subjective conditions for being an ATG. I believe Wilder carries the type of power that could floor any ATG in history, with the ability to catch any ATG in history given enough time. Wilder has plenty of flaws, he is a terrible boxer... but he uses what he has to overcome his limitations, and he has been doing that for over 40 fights.... and he has gotten DAMN good at it.

When he lands clean, he turns around in the same split second, because he so used to that connection feedback loop that he knows he KOed the opponent and the fight is done. That muscle memory is dangerous because he is so comfortable and adept and landing his killer punch now. Perfect timing against Breazeale, he barely waited for the opening, he just "knew".

3. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    it's working, his "wanting to have a body" comment had news media that don't even talk about boxing or him, talking about it. Then he ices his opponent in one round. That is definitely good marketing on his end. The Hearns themselves have already said Wilder is getting more valuable even before the fight.

4. Heavy_Hitter

Heavy_Hitter Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2018
    No, Sergey Kovalev killed a guy in the ring, and many other boxers did.

5. Deew

Deew Active Member Full Member

May 4, 2009
    Of course. He's gained the recognition and credibility that he used to lack over his last four or five fights.

Plus, he's a monstrous freak power puncher.

6. don owens

don owens Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 5, 2005
    Nope. It's like watching a juggler. At first your reaction is "wow". After a while, you think, can he do any thing else. Boxing is about a lot of things. The attributes include speed, accuracy, timing, strategy, level of technical proficiency, techniques-plural, power, footwork etc. Also ring generalship, thinking, strategy etc. He has a powerful right hand. Ok. seen it. Someone, possibly Usyk, will step into the ring and dismantle ( KTFO) this clown. It is coming. Then there will be a rematch and he will be dismantled (KTFO) a second time. Everyone will say wow, why hadn't this occurred before. We will all see it. Look at the Fury fight. worse is coming this clown's way.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  7. Deew

Deew Active Member Full Member

May 4, 2009
    I don't disagree. But, until that happens, the mystique will grow, so he will continue to gain popularity.

don owens likes this.
  8. don owens

don owens Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 5, 2005
    Deew, you are corrrect. I didn't address that but you are right. However, I do think there are only so many boxing viewers out there. So, it has a somewhat limited ceiling. Once he gets his clock cleaned it will be done and/or put into perspective.

9. nickpoppunk

nickpoppunk Unbelievable Bentekkers Full Member

Feb 14, 2012
    yes but did they openly come out and say they wanted to kill someone?

it may have 'happend' accidentally but wilder was pretty direct with it.