Does anyone actually think Ruiz is the best HW in the world?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by andrewa1, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    I've known guys who were fat but could run fast or work as hard as anyone.

Luis Fernando likes this.
  2. Luis Fernando

Luis Fernando Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 23, 2017
    Only those who were brainwashed into believing, and were naive enough to believe that Fury, Wilder and Joshua were the undisputed best heavyweights today and were heads and shoulders above everybody else, are going to be that badly butt-hurt about either of them losing to other heavyweights outside of either one of them losing to each other.

It may be difficult, but it's time to accept that these 3 top heavyweights are far from clear-standouts as many seem to think here. It only seemed like it for awhile, but now that AJ has lost to Andy Ruiz Jr, I'm certain the likes of Wilder and Fury will also lose to some of the other top 10 contenders if they have the guts and courage to actually take those fights, instead of cherry picking guys as far down as the top 50 or even lower.

So no, neither Wilder, nor Fury, nor Joshua are clear stand-outs. All 3 are more then likely to lose to other boxers outside of each other. They aren't so far ahead of the rest, that they are going to beat each and every other guy outside of each other.

There aren't any clear stand-out heavyweights today who can go on an undefeated streak whilst being able to beat everybody else in the division for years upon years.

Only reason why Joshua and Wilder have even looked invincible and unbeatable thus far, is because they're both protected hype-jobs who've been spoon-fed opponents to make themselves look better. Wilder even more so than Joshua. But the moment Wilder started fighting top 10 PRIME opponents regularly, then we'll see Wilder's true quality (or a lack of), being exposed. And I predict Wilder would lose to the likes of Andy Ruiz Jr, Adam Kownacki, Kuzmin and etc.

So in essence, there really isn't any real standout number 1 heavyweight in the world as we don't have sufficient data to arrive at that conclusion. Not like we had during the Klitschko era when Wladimir Klitshcko was the undoubted number 1 guy.

Anybody claiming any heavyweight today is the number 1 in the world, is basing that opinion on incomplete data that can't possibly be substantiated at this point.

SmackDaBum likes this.
  3. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    Keep in mind Ruiz came in heavier than he did vs Parker which I think helped with his power as well as being able to stand up to the overgrown Joshua.

Also Parker is a far more intelligent fighter than Joshua so he would have known himself along with Barry what necessary adjustments were required.

Joshua malfunctioned because he didn't know anything else besides jab 1-2, repeat, spit out gumshield, loose tape, 1-2 jab look to the ref for help'' (oh no he's not going to bail me out, let me quit)

4. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Ruiz has the best win in the division.

RingKing75 and dealt_with like this.
  5. dealt_with

dealt_with Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Okay, if we’re ranking them then Ruiz is clearly number one. He has the majority of the belts. Since we’re talking about facts now I don’t care for your baseless speculation on who would beat who. All hail the clear baddest man in the world, Andy Ruiz jr.

Luis Fernando likes this.
  6. dealt_with

dealt_with Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Exactly, he has the unbeaten champ he destroyed for the majority of the belts.
    Wilder has Ortiz, a guy who almost finished him and was beating him.
    Fury has Wlad, a great fighter but someone who had already been beaten multiple times and was on the way down. Fury had a safety first points win.

Ruiz obviously has to be number one right now if we’re ranking them. Fury has the next best claim since he has the next best win and should’ve got that decision against Wilder.

Joshua was undefeated and his record had Wlad, Parker, Whyte, Povetkin. Wilder has Ortiz and some Joshua left overs I didn’t mention. Everyone knows Fury kicked his ass and now we want to pretend that Wilder would definitely beat Joshua? People are delusional, Wilder is less proven than any of these names mentioned.

7. andrewa1

andrewa1 Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 8, 2013
    So you are compounding an earlier mistake, putting AJ at number 1, by recognizing the guy who had a flukish win over him? Fury and even Wilder have a clearly better overall resume to Ruiz. And both would be heavy favorites were they to fight. If Ruiz beats AJ again maybe that could change. For me, he needs to finally beat another top 20 HW, which he has yet to do outside of AJ, before he has any claim to the #1 spot.

8. thesmokingm

thesmokingm Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 18, 2009
    You need to pick up another sport to be delusional over... :duh

9. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Fury’s best win in the last 4 years is Pienetta.

10. andrewa1

Apr 8, 2013
    Lol. What am I wrong about genius? Ruiz has one great win over a non undisputed champ. If you think that makes him the clear number 1 you are completely braindead.

11. Heavy_Hitter

Heavy_Hitter Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Hopefully the tune up would not walk him down and KO him.

12. thesmokingm

Nov 18, 2009
    Lmao, you are blind and to borrow a term DKSAB!

13. andrewa1

Apr 8, 2013
    Brilliant response! You really cut to the intellectual core of the argument, didn't you?

14. thesmokingm

Nov 18, 2009
    Dude, you are that ****ing dumb, why bother?

15. andrewa1

Apr 8, 2013
    Wow, I'm again blinded by your insightful comments! Thank you for enlightening me!