Does bellew have a point?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Faz42, Jan 16, 2024.

1. Accurate

Accurate Jump back, wanna kiss myself! Full Member

May 3, 2018
    Can't take anything Bellew says seriously.

iceferg, crixus85 and Astro like this.
  2. Astro

Astro Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2021
    I don't think it's very wise to start making insinuations about other boxers. Eddie Hearn and Tony Bellew probably have a point that many boxers use PEDs, but what about their own stable ?

3. Bob Flaps

Bob Flaps Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 30, 2019
    Bellew is a goon but the point is sound.

For the 2-0 scoreline above, you could balance it out with Canelo and Fury who are revered now after forgotten test failures. Whyte made a good living despite being on his what, third?

Organised sport absolutely reeks because of money and cheating. Since boxing isn't an organised sport, it's even more susceptible than most.

Here's Johnny, nurological and Astro like this.
  4. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Thing is if boxing was actually organised and regulated it would cease to exist

Bob Flaps likes this.
  5. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    It’s simply bizarre that first Hearn comes out after the Beterbiev fight and accuses him of cheating without actually saying it.

Then gets Bellew (his employee) to directly say it. Given all that’s gone on with Connor Benn and Dyllian Whyte amongst many it’s simply bizarre.

It smacks of more than just sour grapes, it smacks of someone who has a guilty conscience.

Why do they even need to pretend it’s a clean sport? It clearly isn’t. But then most sports aren’t clean.

20thCenturyBox, Astro and caine like this.
  6. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    Alternative theory - Bellew was asked to make the Beterbiev comments by Hearn.

Eddie has made it clear on many occasions that he doesn't want Beterbiev vs Bivol. But now he's pushed in a corner because Bivol wants it, Beterbiev wants it, the fans want it, and the money on offer by Saudi is too good to refuse.

If a drugs scandal, even a completely baseless one like this, manages to put their fight off for another year or two then Eddie will be pleased as punch.

7. Faz42

Faz42 Member Full Member

Feb 14, 2020
    I've just Watched that on your recommendation and what he says is partly true. He glosses over the increased testosterone and the atypical result of both at the same time.

I'd be interested to know when the test took place, whether it was pre workout, mid or post. In my opinion they microdosed and got caught out.

He's totally right that elevated hgh can happen after fasting and it's debated a tough workout but let's be honest 7th December 6 weeks out from fight he shouldn't be fasting. As for the increased 5D-androstanediol it makes very little sense unless he's microdosing.

From the age of 30 men's testosterone drops 1 to 2% a year. The main reasons you would see an increase would be a testosterone course or a cancer unless there's some genetic disease linked to adrenal glands which would have been flagged earlier.

I'm also pretty sure he's wrong on the drug testing pre 2014 for amatuers but I'm just waiting on confirmation.

My opinion on this is that if Eddie and Tony etc are so concerned about fighters being clean why don't they start a new federation with 24/7 testing for anyone who wishes to be in the pool.

20thCenturyBox and Cookiedough like this.
  8. ash234

ash234 Active Member Full Member

Dec 17, 2023
    Or stop backing Conor Benn.

20thCenturyBox, Faz42, Astro and 2 others like this.
  9. Norsemen

Norsemen New Member Full Member

Feb 26, 2022
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

ryanm8655 and Beale like this.
  10. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    I don't belive that. Bivol isn't exactly a money spinner and Canelo isn't in a hurry to give him a rematch so what else is there for him really?

11. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Don’t really listen to Bellew or anything like IFL these days. I do know Bellew used to say caught peds get banned for life, no questions asked. He has also been vocal on his distain for violence against women whilst being pals with conman Chisora and wearing Tyson t shirts. I don’t really listen to him because his love of Joshua and Hearn is over the top.

I noticed Bellew added an inch to him haha. I think he says that because Bellew isn’t the 6 3 stated. Callum is legit 6 3 im same height stood next to both of them out and about.

Agree with the earlier point about how fickle (stupid) people are whilst alluding to Canelo and Fury. Every fighter should be maligned the same way regardless if they’re down the bill in Everton Park or Robin Park or whether they’re headlining MSG. All that matters is money, it really is a ***** sport.

Faz42 and rezzer like this.
  12. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    Look at Hearn here from 4:20, 6 months ago. He says that Bivol wants the winner of Smith vs Beterbiev, but Eddie would prefer him against Dan Azeez (this is when Azeez was a free agent and Eddie no doubt thought he could pick him up).

This content is protected

Bivol vs Azeez wasn't a money-spinner, and I don't think much has changed between then and now. I just think Hearn would like Bivol to take place in another few DAZN bankers that he has 95+% chance of winning.. like the Lyndon Arthur fight he ended up taking.

Probably number 1 for Hearn would be Bivol and Callum Smith fighting a few gimmes then building up to fight each other. Number 2 would be Bivol vs Yarde on a Queensbury vs Matchroom card. Number 3 would be any other two easier fights before Beterbiev.. easy dosh in the bank and hope Beter starts showing his age.

iceferg likes this.
  13. delboy82

delboy82 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 18, 2014
    They should but not all supplements actaully print all of their ingredients. There have been a number of supplements that have actually contained unlisted banned substances

14. iceferg

iceferg Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Hearn's a narcacist and has prevented many big fights happening over the years. He's definitely been in the way of this one happening the last few years as well.

Frankie Blue Eyes and Beale like this.
  15. Bob Flaps

Bob Flaps Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 30, 2019
    If I remember right, Bivol offered to fight Canelo at super-middle to collect more belts, Canelo wanted to "avenge" at 175 but clearly it's not happened, and with Canelo's money he could presumably make it worthwhile.

Not now Saudi's in town though! Who wants to fight on Canelo's terms just to give him another PPV?