Does Bellew have the power to hurt Haye? Poll.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by On The Money, Feb 26, 2017.

Does Bellew have the power to knock down Haye in ring?

1. Yes

33 vote(s)
    51.6%
  2. No

29 vote(s)
    45.3%
  3. Dunno

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  1. Two Shakes

Two Shakes Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2008
    He was rescued by Booth when The Cat gave him a lesson in humility.

Exhaustion FFS.

2. Two Shakes

Sep 7, 2008
    Your opinion is pretty much irrelevant.

yesihavearm2 likes this.
  3. lawslaw

lawslaw Active Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Another brain dead Fury nut hugging brown nosed troll here to protect his girlfriend yesihavearm! Greetings troll!

4. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    Tyson Fury's career at HW has surpassed Haye's in every shape and form. Have some respect for a real HW champ please.

Cally and im sparticus like this.
  5. lawslaw

Sep 10, 2016
    LOL is all.

6. yesihavearm2

May 30, 2008
    You've been called out now by multiple people in both threads, don't let the door hit you on the way out fanboy.

7. lawslaw

Sep 10, 2016
    Maybe in yours and your girlfriends deluded mind. Not in the minds of any rational, semi-intelligent human.

You may get wood from trolling all your life, but I am far above that and don't wish to disrepect the forum or OP by derailing the thread. I am above your level in all ways, so I will leave it for others to interact with the pondlife instead.

8. Two Shakes

Sep 7, 2008
    Great comeback.

School finish early today ?

9. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    If super heavy weights Klitschko, Valuev and Ruiz couldn't then neither can Bellew, they all caught the supposedly china chinned Haye flush and didn't hurt him.

The Thompson stoppage was down to exhaustion and inexperience, the Mormeck KD was at CW, Haye was not as strong then.

10. Ilesey

Ilesey ~ Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Bellew can time opponents / punches well - that being said I think he would need to catch Haye clean and early or somehow grind Haye down. He has the power to hurt Haye but a KD or T/KO I'm just not seeing.

Twentyman likes this.
  11. Two Shakes

Sep 7, 2008
    Very fair assesment.

12. yesihavearm2

May 30, 2008
    I fully agree with this assessment if Haye is still close to the fighter he was in 2012 and has that same movement.

Will he though? That's what makes this fight exciting. He looked slow and heavy vs those two taxi drivers last year.

zulander likes this.
  13. rski

rski Well-Known Member Full Member

May 12, 2013
    the thing is I remember Haye saying ages ago that he wasn't a durable strong chin type so his style was based on not getting hit, he said something like he isnt a Marvin Hagler type if anyone remembers? so him saying he cant be hurt by Bellew doesn't ring true to me. I think Bellew has played a blinder getting under his skin, if Haye gets sloppy and over anxious for the KO he might get caught by a few solid punches that would probably shake him up.

Two Shakes likes this.
  14. jonny v

jonny v Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Anyone can get hurt. Sometimes you take a shot well other times you can't make your legs work. Sometimes you can drink all day ~other times you lose the plot after 4 pints. There are freakishly iron chinned lunatics out there that keep coming no matter what. David haye is not one of them. Of course he can be hurt. The question is will he get hit?.. This all depends on Hayes stamina /engine. That is the absolute bottom line here. If haye gasses he's gone. If he doesn't it's an easy nights work. If he goes after Tony from the off with bad intentions he risks GASSING. Expect a cautious haye.

zulander likes this.