Does current Canelo beat Mayweather he originally faced?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by 80s champs, Nov 6, 2021.

1. HighFade

HighFade New Member Full Member

Nov 8, 2021

Floyd didn't want no smoke with GGG at 160, He didn't dare to be great

Combine both their pro careers and amateur careers. and Golovkin is the greater fighter, levels! Floyd was a mediocre amateur who lost to every soviet fighter he faced. Levels!

2. chacal

chacal F*** the new normal Full Member

Jun 21, 2015
    where do those alters come from? my god...
    say hello to my ignore list

drenlou and Pimp C like this.
  3. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Sure. I agree. But in Floyd's own words "easy work" and "no special effects". He could, of course, be lying.

kirk and Olu G. Rotimi like this.
  4. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Your stupidity does not deserve a response. A guy who beat everyone from 130 to 154 pounds did not dare to be great. Boy you are some type of fool. He dominated 5 weight divisions beating the best guys. There was no need to go to 160 pounds to beat Lil G as he left food on the table like a good father for his son Canelo to beat Lil G. Why didn’t Lil G move up to 168 to face Ward or was he afraid to be great? We know he liked to pick on smaller guys like Welterweight Kell Brook. Lil G’s final ending will come from someone like CEJ no doubt.

Pimp C likes this.
  5. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    I will put him on mine as well.

6. HighFade

Nov 8, 2021
    Mayweather turned pro age 19, after a mediocre amateur career
    Golovkin turned pro age 24 after an outstanding amateur career

Mayweather coming from USA. got everything on a plate when it comes to promotion/marketing/opportunities/title shots
    Whereas Golovkin from Kazakhstan was the opposite, he was wasting away in Germany till he was aged 30

If Mayweather had dared to face and beat Golovkin at middleweight, he would have become a true ATG like top 5 or top 10. He didn't have the balls

7. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Coulda woulda of shoulda sounds more like GGG than PBF. GGG never dared to be great has a very limited resume in comparison to PBF. He also went life and death with a guy in Canelo who people like you said he would KTFO while PBF shut him out. PBF didn't make himself look foolish he was 100% spot in his evaluation of GGG.

drenlou likes this.
  8. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    LMFAO! A GGG fan claiming a guy who moved through 5 weights didn't dare to be great, I've heard it all. GGG's best win is Danny Jacobs troll. GGG didn't dare to be great when light punching Ward pulled his hoe card. GGG hid out in a weak division and took step aside money. The difference in skills accomplishments and resume when comparing PBF to GGG is as vast as the Milky Way Galaxy. Stop!

drenlou likes this.
  9. HighFade

Nov 8, 2021
    Why couldn't Floyd have an outstanding amateur career like Golovkin did then? Where's Floyds World Championship Gold medal?
    Floyd was 84 wins and 8 losses, Golovkin was 345-5. Golovkin beat everyone as an amateur, whereas Floyd failed and couldn't beat the elite, he was a mediocre amateur.

I'm just stating a fact. That if you combine both their amateur and pro careers, Golovkin is greater.

Mayweather got everything given to him on a plate as a pro in comparison to GGG. The truth is most of GGG's fantastic success was actually done past-prime, he only got opportunties in the USA in his 30s.

BCS8 likes this.
  10. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Floyd wet his pants when Golovkin offered to go to 154 for him.
    Different versions of Canelo. This is what this thread is about. Canelo learned a lot from Floyd like how to weight drain opponents. He knew how it affected him.

Loudon likes this.
  11. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Frankly apart from Canelo who beat him twice as far as I am concerned and Danny Jacobs who was unlucky not to get the verdict I struggle to recognize the guys on Lil G’s resume.

Pimp C likes this.
  12. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    Who gives a **** about the amateurs on a pro boxing website? Amateur records are irrelevant when discussing pro careers. Audley Harrison has a Gold Medal but how did his pro career turn out? When assessing greatness in boxing the amateur career doesn't matter. Only a fool would think GGG is a greater boxer than PBF because he had a better amateur record.

13. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    GGG still can be seen today behind the MGM Grand Garden Arena holding a sign begging PBF for a payday.

You put the Canelo who fought GGG at 160 at 154 against the version of PBF who schooled Canelo, he would do it again. He didn't get any better there's just no PBF's around who can expose him like PBF can.:deal: Your God GGG sure as hell didn't do it. LMFAO!

drenlou, Carpe Diem and Olu G. Rotimi like this.
  14. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Well said! The guy is an idiot. The only reason Floyd does not have an Olympics Gold medal like Roy Jones Jr is because he was cheated out of one.

Pimp C likes this.
  15. HighFade

Nov 8, 2021
    Why shouldn't we factor in GGG's outstanding amateur career, and the fact Floyd turned pro aged 19 and had everything handed to him on a plate - opportunties/TV deals/promoters/ title shots, whereas GGG turned pro aged 24 but didn't get any proper opportunities till he was age 30

Floyd had a massive head start as a pro to GGG, yet GGG still went on to have a fantastic pro career. If you put your massive hate aside for GGG and was honest you'd admit it'd be a different story had GGG been American and been the one to turn pro at 19 ( when he was a light welterweightso he'd have gone through the weights)

BCS8 likes this.