Does Earnie Shavers hit harder than [some other boxer who also hit hard]?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by cross_trainer, Nov 15, 2021.

Who hits harder?

1. Earnie Shavers

37.5%
  2. That other boxer who also hits hard

37.5%
  3. Benny Leonard

25.0%
  1. ETM

ETM I thought I did enough to win. Full Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Mike Weaver

2. richdanahuff

richdanahuff Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Never trust a fighters take on who the hardest puncher they ever faced is...they got hit in the head for a living which creates memory and accuracy issues a.k.a they dont remember, there is no way to know if that was the hardest they ever got it...fighters have massive egos and are self serving when rating certain opponents....there are too many variables in the impact of a punch that factors into why a light hitting puncher can miraculously hurt an iron chinned person or a KO puncher might not connect hard enough to stop another. One fighter cannot be the measure for the previous mentioned the most powerful puncher can most accurately be measured by his quality of opposition and his overall body of work relative to the career...

Pugguy and cross_trainer like this.
  3. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    So the question is whether Shavers is the hardest hitter ever. I'd say probably not. I'd guess that Wlad Klitscko, Lewis, Foreman, Tua and a couple of others may have swatted harder. It's all arguable though because we don't have a uniform test that has been applied to all of them