Does Fury Always Defeat Klitschko??

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Fergy, Dec 8, 2020.

Does Tyson Fury always beat W Klitschko?

1. No, prime Wlad wins

39.2%
  2. Yes, Fury could alway find a way to beat him.

35.3%
  3. Not sure.

25.5%
  1. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    @dinovelvet

I remember you and the other Amercican boxing fan girls back in the day...

Predicting that Wlad would lose every fight via knock out. And always then crying afterwards as Wlad brutally knocked out another great American hope.

Chris Byrd
    Calvin Brock
    Ray Austin
    Tony Thompson
    Eddie Chambers
    Hasim Rahman

Mwah, Ha.

You are still sore that Wlad was undisputed and undefeated HW champion for 10 years. Tyson Fury certainly wont get anywhere near that as a HW champion.

As I said in my original posts Prime Wlad beats any version of Fury all ends up 7 days a week and twice Tuesday.

BCS8 likes this.
  2. PernellSweetPea

PernellSweetPea Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Emanuel Steward was very smart in devising a plan.I think he would have something for Vlad to work on to nullify Fury's style. It would be hard, but it would center around the jab and breaking Fury's rhythm obviously. I said not sure because Fury has a special style. We still don't know how great he is. He is very good and probably great.

3. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I did read it. That's how I know it didn't make sense. Your point is that Fury won more rounds, but barely won those rounds. The reason that is wrong, is that if you're doing enough to 'barely' win eight rounds of twelve rounds, you've not barely beat the guy, you've beat him with room to spare. You've won double the rounds he has.

You've also brought up the fact that the fight was boring. When the punch stats, another thing you've brought up, show Fury was the one throwing more and landing over double the power shots Klitschko did. Not to mention out-jabbing him statistically too.

4. destruction

Mar 26, 2009
    Are you claiming the fight wasnt boring. Purely based off the punch stats? A simple, yes or no will do this time thanks.

Fury vs Wlad was objectively one of the most boring matches I can recall seeing.

5. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    No. And I hate punch stats. And I hate that fight. My point was that if anyone should be blamed for it being boring, it isn't Fury.

6. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Two more punches landed by Wlad per round, and it would have been his fight. Do YOU think that there's no version of him that could land two more a round? Really?

7. Mod-Mania

Mod-Mania Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Really? From what i remember 99% of the forum were saying Wlad'd gonna destroy Fury.

8. Fergy

Fergy Walking Dead Full Member

Jan 8, 2017
    I don't think Wlad ever faced anyone quite like Tyson Fury tbh. I don't see him getting a win over him, if Fury at his best. If he'd faced the Fury that battered Wilder, then God help him.

dinovelvet likes this.
  9. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Go back and read what I said.

10. THE BLADE 2

THE BLADE 2 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Your point is mute. You are claiming Wlad was shot. It is easy to say now, it is an excuse. Nobody claimed that before the fight.As a matter of fact, Wlad was the large favourite.

11. THE BLADE 2

Jul 14, 2009
    This one, it was not peak Wlad but he was nowhere near shot. Tactically and physically, he was well prepared as always. Wlad was an extremely disciplined athlete who lived a healthy lifestyle, he was not your normal 39 year old boxer

Fergy likes this.
  12. destruction

Mar 26, 2009
    I already explained, that people did point out Wlad was post prime before the fight. Some had suspicions he was shot based on the Jennings fight. This was absolutely confirmed in the Fury fight without a doubt.

People only had Wlad as the favourite because they didnt really rate Tyson Fury back then. As well as the fact with home advantage people thought that Tyson Fury would get stiffed on the judges cards, even if he did edge it.

13. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I agree that Fury was an unusual stylistic challenge
    I disagree with you here. The Fury that fought Wilder was a come-forward fighter trying to muck Wilder up close. That's Wlad's bread and butter.

14. Yaiyr Alexander

Yaiyr Alexander Member banned Full Member

Sep 3, 2020
    Toss-up if we're talking about prime wlad cause when he fought jennings and fury it was clear age got to him. In the 12th round wlad upped the agression and eventually landed a couple punches which then fury clinched because he was hurt or knew he didnt have an answer. If he were younger he probably would have pulled that off rounds before and may have been able to take fury out.

But furys awkward style, size, speed and reach together is all wrong for wlad because wlad himself is naturally gunshy and used he size against his opponents but he wasnt able to do that against fury

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  15. THE BLADE 2

Jul 14, 2009
    I think your whole analysis is a bit biased towards Wlad.

- Past prime is a bit different than shot , do not you agree? Nobody disputes that Wlad was past his best for that fight.

- You are missing out that the opponent has something to do with how WLad looked. Who did Wlad beat in his prime, as good as Fury?

- You can't be serious when you claim that Fury "edged" the fight, can you ? This was a dominating win. I did not see any close cards in the press or on TV. And to go there and win in Germany, you have to do it convincingly anyway