Does Fury view Joyce as an easier fight than Usyk

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Mister Pugilist, Mar 24, 2023.

1. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Joyce would fight Fury like nobody else, coming forward with constant pressure and workrate. Fury would break his hands trying to level off him....Fury has to revert to a box and move style to beat Joyce or manage to hurt him...

Very tough fight. Joyce is not to be trifled with or taken lightly especially given he doesn't bring the numbers to make it a worthy risk reward fight.

6'6" 270 pound of lean muscle mass. Great engine. Great toughness. I keep saying Fury & Joyce are a new meta of heavyweights. Total freaks, but you can't have everything. Joyce sacrifices speed & Fury sacrifices power but their stamina is special for their size. Joe Joyce has traded speed for workrate but he carries power, he's like a HW version of Maidana but Maidana wasn't 40 pounds heavier than his opponents.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
    crash likes this.
  2. TheShellofKell

TheShellofKell Nakatani Future P4P #1 Full Member

Sep 3, 2021
    Joyce would hurt fury all over, in my opinion Usyk is an easier fight for Fury.

40ozoe likes this.
  3. Levook

Levook Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 26, 2020
    I love how we have a fighter rise to the top who is then quickly assumed to be the GOAT HW, then a guy comes along, has a couple of impressive fights and all of a sudden he's 50-50 to beat the guy that they were just calling the greatest & unbeatable.

And the reason? C'mon, y'all know the words, sing along:

He's so big! 9'3", stats this, stats that, 700 pounds, so slow he's fast! Stats this, stats that.

MagnificentMatt likes this.
  4. AlwaysFirst

AlwaysFirst Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ^There it is^
    Please close this silly thread now.

5. Faz42

Faz42 Member Full Member

Feb 14, 2020
    This fight won't happen. I reckon we will see fury vs ruiz or wallin, uysk vs dubois and the winners fight in September whilst aj and Joyce will fight to face the winner if they both win.

6. fencik45

fencik45 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 6, 2022
    No, he is targeting Charr. He will drop that belt before he fights a live body for less than a 100 million.

7. Umair Malik

Umair Malik New Member Full Member

Feb 24, 2022
    Joyce is not ranked in Top 15 WBC rankings, So technically Joyce cannot fight for the WBC title. Joyce will need to give up his WBO mandatory position.

Joyce will probably prefer Usyk instead of Fury.

8. TEAM_LOMA

TEAM_LOMA This is Boxing Full Member

Mar 13, 2019
    Charr is going to fight PED Miller next

9. 40ozoe

40ozoe Member Full Member

Aug 12, 2022
    It wouldn't surprise me that much to see Joyce win vs Fury.

Seeing Usyk win vs Fury sounded just insane however.