Does GGG have a history of DUCKING slick boxers?!!! (LARA/WARD/ANDRADE)

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by El Chicano, Feb 20, 2019.

1. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Milton Nunez- JrMW GGG fought and won the Interim WBA title.
    Nilson Tapia- Lost to Austin Trout at 154 in 2009, just one year before GGG accepted to fight him and make his first defense for his MW title he won by fighting the JrMW referenced above.
    Kassim Ouma- Career JrMW. Had one MW sanctioned fight right before fighting GGG, and barely weighed in at 158. He had weighed in at 150 vs Vanes the previous year.
    Gabriel Rosado- JrMW fighter.
    Kell Brook- Welterweight fighter
    Vanes Martirosyan- JrMW

So tell me again why it matters that Trout and Lara were JrMWs? Ggg has never had an issue fighting fighters from lower divisions.. Never.

As far as Ward. It was Loeffler who rejected the 50/50 offer for a fight in 2016. Its documented and Loeffler even tries to justify why he refused the fight.

Ward has never ducked anyone, he doesn't have thaf reputation. I really don't think Ward was avoiding GGG. Its laughable to suggest such thing, especially when you consider he moved up in weight and fought Kovalev.
    Ggg on the other hand has, no matter how you try to spin it or justify it, GGG has rejected fighters who he thought were to risky.

"Its amazing how fools" justify every s****y move GGG makes and lay blame on others but GGG himself. Nuthuggery at its finest.

dinovelvet likes this.
  2. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    I think they did avoid Lara... God only knows why though because G wins that no question.

They avoided Ward... that I can understand.

Andrade? Andrade was not a realistic fight, imo. He's been a non entity pretty much, and would have been understandably absent from most top fighters radar.

Trout... just no. To suggest so is somewhat laughable in my opinion. The same people saying he avoided Trout are the same exact people that would be shitting on him if he had fought him.

But yes... in my opinion he did avoid Ward and, to some extent, for whatever reason, Lara.

3. LANCE99

LANCE99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 11, 2016

Ward was at LtHW in 2016 you jaggoff.... Hell, he was at LtHw in 2015 as well! You make this too easy son!

I never said Ward ducked anyone kunt. Let alone 3G. SO laugh all you want you illiterate douchebag. Laugh at something you just created in your empty, yet dense, head. :lol: I swear, you are arguing with imaginary people 90% of the time!!

In fact, my position on this was it was bad timing between the two. Both had their own plans going.

You want to know why it matters with trout or Lara? Because it shows they had no intention of moving in weight. All it was was a tactic to use 3G's name in the press. You damn noob...boxers do that all the time. And then tweet shittalking. you gullible douche...

Ouma had fought at MW against Jermain Taylor about 5 years before facing 3G. Good try cutie.

The rest of your post is nonsense... everyone already knows vanes and kell were short notice replacements.... well, expect an obtuse and confused moron like you...

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  4. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    Why they avoided Lara? Just watch his fight with Canelo. Golovkin doesn't have fast hands like Canelo, and he doesn't have fast feet like Lara. If you're going to reference the Angulo fight, Lara clearly got caught because he got complacent since he was easily beating Lara.

The thing is that GGG refused to acknowledge Trout and Lara who would be better opponents on his resume than any of the fighters he fought during the years they were calling him out.

I would much have rather seen Trout who beat Cotto handedly and gave Canelo all he could handle get a fight with GGG over Dominic Wade, and it would have looked much better on his resume..

Andrade is a MW titlist and would be the third most skilled and accomplished fighter on GGGs resume, interesting fight at the very least that would enhance GGGs resume.

I

5. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    You are aware that Ward's team sent Loeffler a contract for a 50/50 fight for 2016. I'm sure they wouldn't have sent a signed offer if they didn't think they could at the very least make 168 one last time in 2016. Stay informed, debating is much more fun when bot sides are informed.

Then you agree with me that GGGs side were the nes that killed the Ward fight by rejecting 50/50.

Ward was ready to go. Contract sent an all.

Yet GGG never called their bluff... GGG said anyone between 154-168. What eh should have said anyone between 154-168 as long as you're not a skilled top fighter.

Yes, yes he did, and he lost, and he didn't fight at MW again for almost five years.

The rest of my post is even harder for you to try an refute.

Bottom line is: You said Trout and Lara were JrMWs that's why GGG didn't fancy them. I proved GGG has no problem fight JrMWs and WWs. You then changed it to that Trout and Lara weren't serious, so why not call their bluff and at the very least you make them look foolish or at best he gets a couple of good names on his resume.

My guess us they stay away from certain types of fighters, very common practice in boxing sadly.

6. Dirsspaardis

Dirsspaardis Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 2, 2017
    Real question is, why are the usual suspects so desperate to portray Golovkin as this coward who ducks and cherrypicks?
    Bringing up Ward, who outweighs Golovkin massively, is dumb but a necessary move on this silly quest I believe.

Anyway, where’s @shadow111 ? He ought to support his comrades with at least 5-6 walls of text.

7. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Citing Trout as someone Golovkin 'avoided' is so ridiculous Im not even going there with you. Golovkin avoided Trout? lol... wow. Baseless and ridiculous statements like that make me feel discussion is pointless.

And Canelo and Golovkin fight nothing alike, Canelos style suits Lara better than Golovkins does. A prime Golovkin deals with Lara better than a young Canelo did.

Make all the excuses you want for the Angulo fight. A shell of an overrated Angulo gave Lara issues through pressure. Golovkin would have walked him down late. Laras slickness is overrated.

Andrade didn't become a factor until now. Naming him as someone Golovkin has avoided, is silly. Thats the point. Not if Andrade would make for an ok opponent now.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    LANCE99 and PaddyGarcia like this.
  8. LANCE99

Mar 11, 2016
    LIke I said, it was bad timing. This 50-50 offer came when 3G was already in the busy of another fight, not to mention, they had their sights set on the Cotto-Canelo winner for the linear MW belt. Should 3G have jumped to another weight for Ward in stead of working on their own careers? It's no one's job to get Ward fights he wants over what the other guys is doing. Everyone in boxing in on their own shcedule FFS. You should know that by now.

I didn't change anything *******. YOu just take what I say, twist it to what you want it to mean, and respond to your own concoctions!!

I didn't say the ONLY reason 3G didn't face them was because they were JrMW's. I said NEITHER had shown any intention to move up. You ****in illiterate...

9. LANCE99

Mar 11, 2016
    :lol: Lara was complacent and got caught by Lara? Idiot... yes, you meant Angulo. But now you claim to be in Lara's head and know what he was thinking As he was fighting? Do you even realize how stupid you come off trying to say that?

BTW, did Angulo had as fast hands as Canelo? Did Hurd? Only way to beat Lara is with fast hands like Canelo eh? Convenient...

10. LANCE99

Mar 11, 2016
    Well said Kirk!

You see...this is what happens when a youngster shows a real interest in a sport and wants to learn. You make me proud!

And then there's Isal....who joined around the same time at age 13, and after 16 years of posting, hasn't learned a damn thing. Still worships the cash cow... First Oscar, now Canelo.

kirk likes this.
  11. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    Please don't go there with me Kirk, especially since I didn't say GGG avoided Trout. I said that Golovkin likely had an opportunity to add a few good names to his resume that included Austin Trout who was calling Golovkin out around the time that he fought Dominic Wade, but GGG and his team ignored him.

I don't think its ridiculous to suggest that Trout would have enhanced Golovkin's resume a little more. For a long time, and even now to a degree one of Golovkin's biggest criticism is the lack of top quality opponents on his resume. Adding names like Trout, Lara, and Ward would have enhanced his legacy and possibly his popularity. I'm a boxing fan, I would rather see GGG fight someone like Trout than someone like Rubio, Monroe, or Wade.

For a good while GGG was being hyped as this fighter everyone was avoiding, do you recall that? Well he had a couple guys in Lara and Trout calling him out. If he couldn't get top fighters why not call their bluffs?

I also would have liked to see Golovkin deal with a slick speedy fighter like Lara, Trout or Saunders. We know GGG does well against come forward fighters, how about we see him against slicksters.

How can you say that GGG's style is better suited for Lara than Canelo? Canelo is a multi dimensional fighter. He has shown us he can be an excellent counter puncher fighting off the back foot, and he has also shown us he is an excellent aggressor in multiple fights including the GGG rematch.

Canelo is a combination puncher, he has a vicious body attack, he pressure fighters well, counters excellent, and has very good defense. Pretty much can do everything Golovkin can do.

Based on what fight do you thik GGGs style is better suited for Lara? We never even seen GGG against a slick speedster, so how can we even properly gage how he would do against a top quality slick fighter.

I actually think Canelo's speed allows him to have more success against Trout and Lara than GGG would.

I really don't see what GGG could do against Lara that would be more effective than Canelo. GGG is slower, he's not as fast with his feet either, he's mostly a head hunter, or at least against the two top opponents he's faced GGG has focused almost exclusively on landing to the head, so not sure how he would fare in slowing down the mobile Lara.

Lara pretty much dominated and beat the turd out of Angulo, except for those two KDs, even made Angulo quit by busting his head up bad. Kirk, you've seen enough boxing to understand that things can happen in the ring. Just because Angulo caught Lara doesn't mean every pressure fighter will. Look at the way Lara fought Canelo compared to Angulo. While I am speculating that Lara got caught because he became complacent, evidence suggests that is the case. He didn't have that issue against Paul Williams who throws tons of punches and if far superior to Angulo, he didn't have that issue with Canelo who is superior to Williams, and I'm sure he wouldn't have that issue with the slower Golovkin.

Its too bad we haven't seen GGG with a top quality slick fighter.

As far as Andrade, no he hasn't ducked him or avoided him, but if he doesn't fight him in the next fight or two, its just the same ol GGG pattern of not fighting certain fighters. They are already on record saying they won't fight Jermall Charlo.

If GGG fights Andrade I will be back to being a Golovkin fan,

12. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    Golovkin had a dull resume. He had stated he would fight anyone between 154-168, in 2015 Ward sent a 50/50 offer with a 2016 date. Ward doesn't duck or avoid fighters, GGG does.

13. LANCE99

Mar 11, 2016
    :risas3: What a friggin bandwagoner you just admitted to being!! IS this what you do? Jump on and off bandwagons depending on who a guy fights? PATHETIC!!!

And as if you were ever a fan, lying POS! :eaea:

14. LANCE99

Mar 11, 2016
    *yawn* going back to that line... Yopu gotta be the dumbest POS around.. Hey guess what, boxer and trainers and promoters say that kind of stuff ALL THE TIME...

You claimed Ward never ducked anyone, but HE SAID he would fight at HW. And since you rely on what fighter says they will do, why don't you call that a duck, moron?

15. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    Angulo isn't on Paul William's, Canelo's, Vane's, or Trout's level. Angulo caught a sleeping Lara, that's all. After the KDs Lara andled Angulo pretty damn well and made him quit.

There has been countless fighters that score KDs against much better opposition and go on to lose the fights. In boxing things happen.

What YOU CANOT SAY is that just because Angulo KD Lara, GGG steamrolls over him. That comment is a bit ridiculous coming from a long time fan like @kirk

Feather fisted Sergio Mora hurt and KD Jacobs bad, but titanium fists Golovkin barely scored a sloppy flash KD. See how that works?