Does Joshua win the rematch?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Boxing Gloves, Jun 3, 2019.

Who wins the rematch

1. Joshua

37 vote(s)
    46.8%
  2. Ruiz

42 vote(s)
    53.2%
  1. Boxing Gloves

Boxing Gloves Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Right so Ruiz is now the champion but as we all know there is a rematch clause which Hearn claims Joshua will exercise for around November or December.

How do we see the rematch going? Does Joshua avenge his loss or does Ruiz prove that
    he has AJ's number and he belongs on top.

dawnofthedead likes this.
  2. bluebird

bluebird Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 17, 2009
  3. inner2deepz

inner2deepz Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Ruiz wins again, he didn’t Marquez Pacquaio that was a sustained beating. He took AJs soul and confidence. They are idiots if the do the reach match immediately. Ruiz will end his career

4. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Why? If he can’t beat Ruiz now then he’s never gonna beat him, it’s do or die time.

deadACE likes this.
  5. Okin129

Okin129 ... Full Member

Mar 24, 2017
    It was a one sided beatdown since the end of the 3rd round, he beat Joshua like he ate his last burrito, from pillar to post.

Ruiz should be the favorite in the rematch.

6. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Maybe if he fights the same way Parker did. But there's serious questions on how he can handle Ruiz's power. Can't afford to come in above 242lbs in my opinion.

7. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    I don't know lol, I just don't know. I am going to lean with Ruiz doing the same thing.

I mean Ruiz will have more confidence in the rematch, and to give Ruiz confidence like that will just fuel the destroyer to go on another rampage. He took AJ's shots really well, clearly he is durable.

AJ can't beat this guy in an exchange, he would have try something else, and I am not sure he could be effective with a different approach in 5 months time, to undo what he has been used to for 6 years.

Ruiz has experience, way more than AJ and he displayed that with his calmness all night, can't see Ruiz getting sloppy in a rematch.

Oneirokritis and don owens like this.
  8. LEE WHYTE

LEE WHYTE Y.T.999 Full Member

May 30, 2019
    I think Ruiz is maybe just a fighter all wrong for Joshua, and has his number. Ruiz

Up the gut likes this.
  9. nickpoppunk

nickpoppunk Unbelievable Bentekkers Full Member

Feb 14, 2012
    Joshua.
    he'll train properly this time

shavers likes this.
  10. JediPimp007

JediPimp007 Long suffering reader Full Member

May 8, 2006
    Smart money would say Joshua would be better prepared next time, I think he had the Brazeale KO in his mind and wanted to look to make a statement and got clipped and he never recovered from that 3rd round.

Having said that, I feel that Ruiz may just be one of those guys who has his number and can just overwhelm Joshua before Joshua's power gets to him. Joshua was blowing hard from pretty much the beginning of the fight, that's a major issue he needs to address, to me he's carrying about 20lbs of muscle that's not designed to go on his frame.

11. Rico Spadafora

Rico Spadafora Master of Chins Full Member

Feb 20, 2008
    I don't think anything will be different in a rematch.

12. BIGLU

BIGLU Member Full Member

May 28, 2019
    Do you notice a coincidence? It was one sided after AJ was caught and dropped.
    Ever thought maybe the beating that followed was as a result of not recovering from that?

13. BIGLU

BIGLU Member Full Member

May 28, 2019
    AJ wins the rematch in a much more cautious approach imo.
    Maybe by late stoppage but could come sooner.

shavers likes this.
  14. ZablieJudahnoff

ZablieJudahnoff Charleston White 2024 Full Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Dayumn mane. that guy spat out his dummy when the going got tough. that´s a psychological thing, weaseling out at it´s worst. that, my mates, was A(nabolic)J(uice)s Victor Ortiz moment. he´ll never live that down and rightfully so.

15. Dirsspaardis

Dirsspaardis Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 2, 2017
    If AJ gets a proper camp, gets his focus back and doesn’t dick around Miami like he’s on vacation then sure, there’s no reason why he couldn’t fight tall and create an opening.

Question is what he’s like in the mentality and guts department. Loss like that gets to you and there’s only two types of people
    - those who stand up and face the music
    - those who run for cover.

shavers likes this.