Does Joshua win the rematch?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Boxing Gloves, Jun 3, 2019.

Who wins the rematch

1. Joshua

37 vote(s)
    46.8%
  2. Ruiz

42 vote(s)
    53.2%
  1. 22JM

22JM Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Lmfao excuses

nickpoppunk likes this.
  2. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    NO

STYLES MAKE FIGHTS

Ruiz has these advantages:

skills

IQ

CHIN

SPEED

Balls

Heart

Stamina

His style is all wrong for AJ. Ruiz KO's him again.

AJ is going to try and beat him with a jab and ring circling away all night, he will blow out and Ruiz will take that big stiff idiot OUT AGAIN

His career is over.

Sephiroth Rising 7 and chico g like this.
  3. Tyson Fury Goat

Tyson Fury Goat Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 21, 2017
    its a 50-50 for me don't be fooled guys!

Joshua has the power to stop ruiz

4. Eggman

Eggman "The cream of the crop! Nobody does it better! Full Member

Dec 2, 2015
    If it’s in US with VADA then Ruiz

If it’s in UK with UKAD Joshua stops Ruiz in sensational style in about 3 rounds, suddenly returning to his previous form and most unbelievably keeping up with Ruiz’s hand speed in exchanges and getting that famous ‘second wind’

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  5. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    A better question is if its close on the cards, can Ruiz win on points? No.

I'd guess Ruiz to stop Joshua again if they re-match

mb1233 likes this.
  6. mb1233

mb1233 Active Member Full Member

Aug 18, 2017
    No.

AJ's best chance is to survive 12 rounds in the UK and let Hearn make sure the judges rob Ruiz on the cards.

7. PistonHondai

PistonHondai Member Full Member

Jun 3, 2019
    AJ wins if he doesn’t become careless again and get hit by a lucky concussion punch.

8. Oakland Billy Smith

Oakland Billy Smith Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 19, 2018
  9. willcross

willcross Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 11, 2006
    When did he say that? I’ve looked for it but can’t find it in any of the breaks between rounds. Was the British feed different or something?

10. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    I predicted Ruiz would win for the reason he won the first time around, I'm not changing my mind for the rematch.

Unforgiven and titanic like this.
  11. bowerboy

bowerboy Active Member Full Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Ruiz will win again.

One of the key factors in this whole fight was Ruiz ability to take Joshua’s shots.

It reminded me of the first round of Hagker Hearns when Tommy Hearns really shook and hurt Hagler with a big shot...then after that initial shock and in the words of the commentator “Hagler is starting to walk through Hearns punches now”

I think that is what happened to Ruiz. He took that first knockdown but after that he just walked through some huge punches from Joshua. In my opinion some of the the shots Ruiz took after the knockdown were harder than the ones that put him down.

I think Joshua knows he can’t knock him out and that he will keep coming. And Ruiz knows this too.

Rematch for Joshua is a bad move. I don’t believe for a minute that he was having panic attacks before the first fight but he definitely will be for this one.

Ruiz by KO again....

12. titanic

titanic Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 7, 2016
    The only change I will make is the amount of bet. Last time I bet $10 for Ruiz next time I may bet $100

CST80 likes this.
  13. Alphafighter

Alphafighter Active Member banned Full Member

Dec 4, 2017
    Repeat of the first fight irrespective of how negatively and defensively AJ fights. He just doesn't have the chin to deal with Ruiz flurries and in boxing you eventually get clipped

14. lastletter26

lastletter26 Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Call me crazy but I lean toward AJ. Everything I saw tells me Ruiz will likely still be the same problem inside having the same advantages others have pointed out. The tenacity of ruiz on top of that was also an issue for Joshua who would not be denied from getting in the front door past the jab.

With all that being said I I felt AJ didn't look right at all. He seemed to not be sharp in his reactions. Not too hip on the drug testing differences which some have mentioned. There looked to me to be something else going on. Nutritional maybe or just flat poor training. Lots of sex leading up to the fight. I don't know.

From what I felt after watching his post fight interviews, I feel AJ knows he didn't do something right specifically.

15. West of Hollywood

West of Hollywood Active Member Full Member

Nov 17, 2018
    That's likely very true, but we know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Ruiz has the power to stop Joshua.