Does Lennox Lewis get KNOCKED OUT by this punch?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by douglas1, Nov 25, 2021.

Does Lennox Lewis get KNOCKED OUT by this punch?

1. Yes

42 vote(s)
    62.7%
  2. No

25 vote(s)
    37.3%
  1. NEETzschean

NEETzschean Active Member Full Member

Feb 23, 2021
    Lewis would have a very good chance of running onto a bomb from a taller, faster and more powerful champion opponent.

What proportion of Lewis's non-bum opponents got taken out in a round or two? How good was their durability/heart/power?

How many times has Wilder been taken out in a round or two? It's ironic because Lewis was, by a guy who was a relative non-puncher.

I know people like to say silly things about hypothetical matchups but Wilder is no more Michael Grant than Lewis is Gerald Washington.

2. exocet76

exocet76 Active Member banned Full Member

Feb 28, 2012
    To be honest I fell asleep after the first sentence due to your inability to form paragraphs..
    Fury is taller not faster than a prime Lewis. either is he more skilled they both have different attributes Lewis certainly carries more power .
    I'm sorry pall the 90's is a far deeper decade than the current one.
    In the 90's Wilder would be unknown I can think of a at least 10 US boxers of the top of my head that would batter him and be ranked higher he would not have got away with sitting on a WBC belt for that long without having to fight someone decent.
    Fury rolled of his couch and beat the crap out of Wilder 2 what do you think a fit and motivated Lewis will do?

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  3. NEETzschean

NEETzschean Active Member Full Member

Feb 23, 2021
    Manny Steward disagrees: Lewis is less athletic than Wlad (and less powerful, less intelligent and less skilled in most respects) who is less athletic than Fury. Even at 41 and inactive Wlad had faster feet than AJ, yet the speed difference between 39.5 year old Wlad and Fury was considerable in Fury's favour. Fury also has faster hands and reflexes, a better chin, more mass and a better engine than Lewis. Lewis had more power than Fury but Wlad and Wilder have significantly more than Lewis.

Asserting that the 90's was a deeper decade isn't convincing. Not only was the global talent pool smaller due to lower population size and political and economic walls and the science more primitive, the 90's was largely panned as a crap decade at the time. The Americans had already fallen behind and at the end of the 90's most of the top 10 HW's were non-American.

A fit and motivated Lewis would have a very good chance of being KO'd by a fit and motivated Wilder, who has many advantages. The fight would not be a foregone conclusion at all. Wilder was earmarked as the 2nd best HW prospect after Fury by Steward in 2012 but what does he know?

4. Boxing2019

Boxing2019 If you want peace, prepare war. Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Yes.

Power of Rahman's right hand < Power of Wilder' s right hand.

The effect of that Wilder's rocket thrown on the Fury skull was: two KDs of Fury with only one shot. Terrific. If Wilder had hit the chin of Fury and not the skull Fury couldnt have got up imo.

However imo that Wilder's right hand would have dropped all the HWs in boxing history excluded McCall and Old Foreman. It would have dropped even Tex Cobb, even Ali, even Chuvalo, even Vitali.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
  5. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    This is a funny statement coming from you because a bum like Gerald Washington was actually clearly outboxing a prime Wilder before the 5th round stoppage, whereas Grant who is bigger and has significantly better credentials that Washington got absolutely slaughtered by Lewis

Smokin Bert likes this.
  6. exocet76

Feb 28, 2012
    You have no credibility at all....
    Lennox smashed the better brothers face to pieces. He wouldn't fanny around like Fury did landing two punches more per around.
    Wlad has nowhere near the skill of Lewis who could fight inside mid and at distance and could rough house and far more punch variety and combos. Not just a 1 - 2 that Vlad can do.

Your 2nd paragraphs proves to me your trolling.

Don't make me destroy you. Ive already had to dismanlte Bandeedo / Rope a Dope / Olu whatever his face is.

I will go through every single point overturn it and then counter 2 to every 1 of yours

I will then test your personality by studying your response to my well reasoned and rational rebuttal.

I will then profile your personaily and use the DSM 6 to see which mental illness you have.

I'll be honest the previous three did not fair well in this exchange and in fact all showed borderline personality disorder traits scoring 80-90%.

7. exocet76

Feb 28, 2012
    Please stop smoking crack.

Thanks

8. Boxing2019

Jul 22, 2019

Rewatch better the video of the KD and look at the eyes of Fury while he falls down after he gets rocked. The same of Ortiz in the second fight after have been floored. Wilder cant boxe but he has one of the 3 best right hands ever in the HWs. Facts. Get It over.

9. DJN16

DJN16 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2013
    Don't think boxing works the way people in this thread thinks it does.

10. Smokin Bert

Smokin Bert Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 8, 2013
    Watching it again, it is clear that the punch was nothing special. Lewis takes that. (As would most fighters with a good chin.) Although Fury clearly has excellent recouperative powers, I am not sure he has a good chin. He was knocked down by inconsequential punches by Wilder in the 3rd fight, dropped hard by Cunningham, and dropped by a total bum. Lewis doesn't exactly have an iron chin, but, he walked through harder shots than that against Tua and Mercer.

11. exocet76

Feb 28, 2012
    I'm sorry I'm not familiar with gibberish.

1.Incorrect if it was that stunning Fury wouldn't be getting back up remembering Fury was dropped by a cruiser. So nowhere near the best

2.Ortiz is a pensioner and again is untested as far as I'm concerned like Widler feasted on bums. That was an assualt on an old man. again nothing atg.

3. That is only 2 punches where is the third?

4. You need to watch a lot more boxing to understand what you are taliking about.

5. Just because ESPN says Wilder is the best ever does not make it so. In the 90's Wilder would have been exposed long before now.

6. Not facts just because it comes out of your drooling orifice.

Please for the love of God.

Please please PRETTY PLEASE

Stop smoking crack.

Thanks.

timeout and Smokin Bert like this.
  12. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Dude...so he made his fat roll. Big deal.

Lennox did not have fat rolls.

It's Ovah and Aydamn like this.
  13. Boxing2019

Jul 22, 2019
    Drop the charade dude.

First none here smokes crack or other ****. Second the reality Is you and many others consider Wilder a total bum and dont want to admiit he Is the best hitter around and one of the 3 best hitters ever in the HWs history.

Case closed.

14. exocet76

Feb 28, 2012
    You have clearly been a boxing fan for 2 years or less.

1.My assessment is you are smoking something if ir's not crack then maybe PCP?
    2. I can only judge Wilder on who he has fought the first elite boxer he faced who was a recovering drug addict weghing 400 lbs smashed Wilder twice and arguably three times but was robbed
    3.Wilder has a hard punch no doubt. but he is that unskilled he would have difficulty getting that punch off before getting starched.
    4. Again the fact you say something for someone who clearly does not know what they are talking about and has watched boxing for two years does not make it so.
    5. Has it dawned on you that the people telling you Wilder is a bum are correct? and you have been sold a lie?
    6. You are entitled to your opinion however as it is unqualified ergo it is meaningless.
    You're entitled to my opinion which is qualified.
    7. Stop smoking whatever it is. educate yourself on the sport and then come back in about 35 years.
    Where I will school you again.

Thanks.

15. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Whyte #CLEARED like I said he would be banned Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    I second this opinion.

catchwtboxing likes this.