Does Lennox Lewis get KNOCKED OUT by this punch?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by douglas1, Nov 25, 2021.

Does Lennox Lewis get KNOCKED OUT by this punch?

1. Yes

42 vote(s)
    62.7%
  2. No

25 vote(s)
    37.3%
  1. Webbiano

Webbiano Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 6, 2011
    I agree. And we saw how bad Wilder is fighting backwards or when someone stands up to him, Ortiz 2 (before the KO obvsiously) Fury 2 hell even szpilka fought pretty well until he got knocked out cold.

If Lewis went for his version of the bum rush I think he takes Wilder out inside 4 and this is coming from someone that probably rates Wilder higher than most do on the classic

2. 11player

11player Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 19, 2007
    It was a good punch, but not Wilders best.

Lennox would take it.

Lennox would flatten Wilder within 4 rds, Fury within 6.

MarkusFlorez99 and hobby rider like this.
  3. mark ant

mark ant Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 4, 2017
    The shot Wilder caught Fury with wasn`t harder than the shots Lewis got sparked by.

4. mark ant

mark ant Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 4, 2017
    I think it would have been a great fight, but Lewis stopped Ruddock in Rd2 and Golota in the 1st round.

5. CleneloAnavarez

CleneloAnavarez Active Member Full Member

Nov 18, 2021
    Couldn't do that to Mercer, Holyfield, Mavrović, Tucker, Tyson or Tua.

6. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Lewis would stop Wilder quicker than Golota.

7. JunlongXiFan

JunlongXiFan Active Member Full Member

Aug 9, 2020
  8. Zakman

Zakman ESB's Chinchecker Full Member

Apr 16, 2005
    The temptation is to say yes - and it could happen - as Lewis showed that he could most certainly be taken out early by lesser punchers in McCall and Rahman.

However, when has Wilder ever starched a fighter as good as Lewis? The answer is he hasn't; in fact, not even close.

Wilder is a prototypical bum-buster - very adept at taking out tomato cans and glass-jawed journeymen and fringe contenders, but gets stopped himself against live bodies. The likelihood is that's what happens here, too.

9. FrankinDallas

FrankinDallas Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    This right here.

I'm seriously tired of hearing how amazing Fury is. He got knocked down multiple times by a guy who is constantly diminished by most observers as a very poor boxer at best and a total bum at worst.
    Lewis would not have struggled with Wilder....and easy win. Sure, Wilder can ko many but Lewis would not have been that open to hit.

Yeah yeah I know about Rahman and McCall. Lucky punches, both of them and they paid the price in return.

Smokin Bert likes this.
  10. SmackDaBum

SmackDaBum TKO7 Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Not the same.

11. JDub

JDub Active Member Full Member

Dec 8, 2018
    Yep! I think Lewis would see him as a guy who could land a big shot and knock him out and would go straight for the KO before he had the chance to land anything.

12. drenlou

drenlou Most people DKSAB! I got your Gordo @JOKER Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Maybe

13. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Lennox goes out.

Toney F*** U likes this.
  14. Toney F*** U

Toney F*** U Boxing junkie Full Member

Oct 16, 2019
    Lennox would definitely be stopped from that punch, but if they did fight Lewis would get the ko early

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  15. The Clan

The Clan Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 11, 2007
    First of all
    Absolutely Yes, Lewis takes that and crushes an out of position Wilder for throwing such a sloppy punch!

Secondly , it wouldn’t happen because Wilder would never have reached World Champion status in the Lewis era but, suspending reality for a minute, let’s pretend he would.

Another reason it wouldn’t happen is that Wilder would never have chosen to fight Lewis in the first fight. We all know Wilder got locked into the Fury trilogy because he cherry picked him and it went wrong, he wouldn’t ever have gone near Lewis.

Furthermore, Lewis would have done a Micheal Grant on Wilder so the ‘fight’, I use the term reservedly, would never have developed into that situation because Lewis Knocks Out Wilder in the first round.

Wilder has landed his right on numerous occasions on various fighters who have taken it and continued, they don’t all just collapse into a Bermain Stivern like heap!
    That said, Wilders resume is absolute dog tish, full of fighters who have no ambition, no desire to stay upright when hit and no reason to get up once they’re on the canvass!

In fact, now I think of it, it’s a complete insult to Lennox Lewis that this question is asked!