Does loma owe us an explanation for last performance?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Forza, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Forza

Forza Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Mar 18, 2012
    We have questions. Besides the 11th and 12th, you didn't look so good. You got hit more than usual, your face after the fight (pedraza didn't have a scratch) reflects this. And tank davis absolutely did better against your opponent.

The Ogdoad, Staminakills and pacas like this.
  2. Flo_Raiden

Flo_Raiden Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Did Mayweather owe us an explanation when he didn't look good against Cotto and Maidana? Or Ali when he fought Norton and Frazier? Or what about Holyfield when he fought an old Larry Holmes?
    It really doesn't mean anything just because one guy didn't look as good as the other guy, it's just a styles contrast. Plus, Loma dominated the guy 9-3.

Rock0052, Staminakills and pacas like this.
  3. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    Tank was almost stopped by Pedraza in round 5, how is that better?

dealt_with and pacas like this.
  4. DonTyson

DonTyson Active Member Full Member

Dec 2, 2018
    He’s doesn’t owe us anything. He’s a human for God’s sake, not a machine that’s been programmed for perfection. Like every human on the planet has had, he had a slight off day but he won and moves on to the next opponent

Staminakills and pacas like this.
  5. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot Momento mori banned Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
  6. Tomato(e) Can

Tomato(e) Can Emmanuel Dapidran Pacquiao. banned Full Member

Feb 19, 2018
    Haha, was he? Don't recall.

pacas likes this.
  7. pernellaaron

pernellaaron Active Member Full Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Only thing I'd like to know about is his mindset on the shoulder, because he seemed shy to really let the hook go. Is it a mental thing, is it still physically bothering him, or was that just part of the gameplan.

pacas likes this.
  8. alangjk

alangjk Active Member Full Member

Aug 7, 2015
    Yeah, let's get judge Mills Lane in while we're at. Where were you last Saturday evening?

9. Staminakills

Staminakills Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Lmfao, no he a wasn't.. Unless getting touched during A BOXING match means you're almost stopped.

Loma was far closer to being stopped VS Linares and he wasn't close at all

10. FastSmith7

FastSmith7 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2017
    "I have had a serious shoulder injury 7 months ago, I have got in in the 2nd round of a vital fight and still won, unfortunately this injury required a surgery and I was unable to box or train properly between May and October, most shoulder injuries requiring surgery take 12-16 months to fully heal, however I needed to stay active chasing greatness so I fought 6 months after the surgery, unfortunately as you saw I was very hesitant to use my right hook and uppercut and my opponent knew before the fight and made it known that he would target that weakness, however I still won 10/12 rounds and dropped him 2 times while not getting out of 2nd gear, now I need to let the shoulder fully heal so you can see me at my best"

11. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Not at all, he won 10 at worst 9 rounds IMO, dropped his opponent x 2 when he actually did put his foot on the gas and turn it up and Pedraza is a talented fighter. In fact, he should be commended for jumping straight back in with an opponent of Pedraza's calibre (a 2 weight world champion and former top amateur (world amateur champion silver medalist) in a unification match for his first fight back after suffering a very serious career-threatening shoulder injury and surgery and rehab to repair it. How many fighters would do that? What percentage of fighters would say I need a tune up against a much lesser opponent to test out the shoulder and ease myself back in and then I'll take the unification match up after that one when I'm fully recovered and can give more than 50-75% of myself? A Jason Welborn level opponent perhaps? lol

Even Pedraza said that it was too soon for Loma to be fighting and that you need at least 12 months to recover properly from an injury like that, but that it wasn't his (Pedraza's problem) and he was going to capitalize on it.

Andre Ward who suffered a similar injury and had to undergo surgery and rehab to repair it, which he described as very difficult mentally and physically.

This content is protected

Zhuge Liang and CST80 like this.
  12. Official Scorecard

Official Scorecard Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Unlike the Davis fight, Pedraza went into this fight with a gameplan, with a great one prehaps. First thing I noticed against Davis was the non existance of any gameplan, he didn't look like himself and never boxed that way before. At the time I was high on Pedraza and I was frustrated because of the way he fought Davis. As most of you, I was expecting Loma to have a much easier fight against him, but this weekend Pedraza had by far the best gameplan of any Loma's opponents. He came tactically prepared and it showed. He was extremely patient and disciplined with his gameplan, taking a step-back every time Loma came in trying to cut the angle on him, so Loma knew better than to force himself to let the punches fly when being out of the position.
    On top of that Loma is coming fresh off of surgery and is in a weight-class too high for him. I felt the same way when I saw Chocolatito against Cuadras at 115lbs.

Serge likes this.
  13. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    Round 5, he was dominated.

This content is protected

CST80 likes this.
  14. LeftRightDownThePipe

LeftRightDownThePipe Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Aug 14, 2018
    Nice. It’s pathetic some dumb ****s can’t comprehend what he says there. It’s just as pathetic that Loma even has to explain the whole shoulder still healing thing.

Haters are gonna hate. Real fans appreciate

Rock0052 and lighteningjab like this.
  15. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Mayweather rarely and almost never dominated his opponents. In his retirement he tries to rewrite history. And make it seem like hes this badass fighter who would regularly beat people down. But he rarely beatdown quality fighters, even in the lower weights.

Saying Floyd was a destroyer is BS revisionist history.

lighteningjab likes this.