Does Oleksandr Usyk defeat the top 10 heavyweights?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Boxingiq2020, Aug 10, 2022.

Does Oleksandr Usyk defeat the top 10 heavyweights?

Poll closed Nov 18, 2022.
  1. Yes

51.5%
  2. No

33.3%
  3. Maybe

15.2%
  1. Boxingiq2020

Boxingiq2020 Member Full Member

Aug 1, 2022
    What do you guys think?

2. Phil_Ivey_76

Phil_Ivey_76 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 26, 2013
    I think you're a WEIRDO

3. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Most of them in the same night.

lordlosh likes this.
  4. Fogger

Fogger Father, grandfather and big sports fan. Full Member

Aug 9, 2021
    Do you mean current top ten or all-time top ten.

lordlosh likes this.
  5. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Top 10 greatest heavyweights of all time? Absolutely not.

Fourth_Horseman likes this.
  6. Juan carlos

Juan carlos Active Member Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
  7. ikrasevic

ikrasevic For the honorable cross and the golden freedom Full Member

Nov 3, 2021
    For example, Ring magazine published a list of top 10 heavyweights in 2021.
    In calendar 2022, would Usyk beat everyone on that list?
    Definitely not.
    For once it wouldn't be "his night", and he wouldn't make it.
    There are few boxers that we can assume can do that.
    And such boxers are GOAT.

Entaowed likes this.
  8. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Does, or would?

9. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
  10. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Usyk vs

Fury - If Fury performs like he has over the last two fights, then Usyk UD's. But you never know with Fury. If Fury can get back to his best, then I'd say Fury. I don't know here. It could easily go either way. 50/50.

Joshua - Usyk 9/10. Joshua is made for Usyk. But then again Joshua got his tactics completely wrong last time, lets wait and see what happens next week.

Wilder - This would be interesting, but I'd go for Usyk 7/10. I think 3/10 Wilder may KO because Usyk fights in Wilder's preferred range, and he may not be quick enough to avoid that right hand all night. Fury wasn't even quick enough in his prime, and Fury was quicker than Usyk.

Ruiz - Usyk UD's.

Whyte - Usyk TKO's.

Ortiz - Usyk TKO's/corner retirement.

Parker - Usyk UD's

Joyce - Usyk UD's.

Sanchez - Usyk UD's.

Helenius/Hrgovic/Makhmudov/Chisora - Usyk UD's.

11. Ivan28

Ivan28 Active Member Full Member

Feb 13, 2018
    If Chisora and that out of prime, ending his career Tony Bellew could give him problems, then boxers bigger then them, top and not in their career ending but prime with chin and stamina(not like Joshua) could cause him bigger problems.I'm not sure he can beat Tyson Fury, that would be "bad matchup" for Usyk, what about all others.If it's real top 10, starting with Parker from Chisora's fight(for me he looked different in that fight, better then before) going through boxers like Makhmudov, Joyce, Hrgovic, Fury, Jalolov, instead of Hunter, Chisora, Pulev - no, no chance.There is no other combination of glass chin and (no)stamina like Joshua in top 10.Without that combination it would be tought night for Usyk against agressive, granite chin, top 250, 260 pounds monster+with great amateur experience and technique.They will work with jab better then short handed(188cm reach) old Bellew(50-50 fight before KO), pressure him like Chisora, and not just for 4 rounds, but for all 12 rounds and with much better technique, jab(Joshua's chin messed his jab), accuracy, KO ability.
    Actually real top 5 could lead to at least 1 or 2 losses.BUT the same is for Joshua, Wilder(and many other "top of the top" in other divisions).Fury could beat more top 10, but not all.It's pretty rare that there is someone who can beat all prime top 10 boxers in his division, and if there is someone, often it's because there's no quality in that top 10.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
  12. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Yes....everyone! Although I can see Jalolov in two years beating him.

fencik45 likes this.
  13. ArseBandit

ArseBandit Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Might as well ask who would win in Usyk Vs Fury, because that's the only challenge he has in the top 10.

Greg Price99 likes this.
  14. MorvidusStyle

MorvidusStyle Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2017
    Yes, he beats the top ten ATG heavyweights, basically a list made by Americans in a sporting bubble.

He is the 2022 HW champion.

He is the same size or typically bigger than most of them. He is far more skilled. He has a chin to match any and better than most. His power might be less than some but it's only one component and he has enough power.

People underestimate just how big Joshua is compared to these old fighters and just how much power he would have in comparison. Joyce too. Usyk took shots from both and beat both.

He is not getting overpowered by these old fighters and not getting outskilled. So how will he be beaten?

One guy might beat him though, and that is the big phony Wlad Klitschko. The reason is that Wlad is also skilled but has the one punch KO power in both hands, more so than Joshua. And if Usyk made a mistake Wlad could end the night.

ShortRound likes this.
  15. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    The current ones? Yeah, I think he probably runs through everyone except Fury. I question if Fury wants to even fight again.