Does the Cormier/Brock post fight interaction...

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by 3rdegree, Jul 7, 2018.

1. 3rdegree

3rdegree Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Does anyone believe Stipe went down according to script? He withstood Ngannou's bombs yet succumbs to a weak hook by Cormier? The post fight Brock Lesnar/DC interaction leads me to believe one of two things...Miocic is unmarketable or DC beat him legitimately.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    SnatchBox and lefthandlead like this.
  2. Big Ukrainian

Big Ukrainian Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Legit win. I think Whyte would've brought that WWE clown in case of Miocic win, too

SnatchBox likes this.
  3. shanemfr

shanemfr Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 29, 2004
    DC was landing big shots as well before the final KO...Stipes chin is not granite, i remember the fight against Reem, they both looked punch drunk after what looked like grazing shots.

It sucks UFC wants to turn it into a circus again by giving a drug cheat a title shot while there is still active guys on the roster that have already destroyed him.

SnatchBox and Oneirokritis like this.
  4. Oneirokritis

Oneirokritis The Scourge of Stupid Idiots. Full Member

Dec 18, 2015
    DC will take Brock to Suplex City and utterly demolish Lesnar, and that will be the end of the whole sorry matter...

...Until Jones makes his comeback and walks right into a title fight with DC. :confused:

5. ticar

ticar Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Well DC looks to me kinda of an egoist, and if he tries to wrestle with Lesnar to prove a point, he may lose... After all, Brock is a lot bigger, stronger and a better athlete all around. Cormier is obviously the more skilled fighter with a better stamina

6. shanemfr

shanemfr Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 29, 2004
    You talking about a roided Brock?....DC wrestling is levels above Brocks college stuff...We seen what Cain V did to Brock...DC is known to out wrestle cain in training.

7. ticar

ticar Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Brock did take Cain down.
    Also if I remember his team adviced him not to wrestle with Lesnar.
    No doubt DC is a more skilled wrestler and a far superior fighter, but if he tries to wrestle with Lesnar to prove a point, that may cost him...

lefthandlead likes this.
  8. Infern0121

Infern0121 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jan 21, 2018
    Lesnar looked absoloutley enormous compared to DC. Fanboy hype is obviously through the roof for DC right now but je does NOT want to get into a wrestling match with lesnar, trust me.

lefthandlead and ticar like this.
  9. ATG22

ATG22 Active Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2014
    That whole encounter wreaked of WWE-scriptedness.

Maybe it was just Brock using his incredible acting chops, or maybe Dana & Co. are beginning to write storylines to sell fights.

10. Jim Jeffries

Jim Jeffries Ring General banned Full Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Lesnar was wearing heels to add two inches. He's shorter than Stipe without the heels.

Cormier will wreck a Lesnar without steroids and stop him in brutal fashion.

SnatchBox likes this.
  11. lefthandlead

lefthandlead Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 1, 2010
    That was a sick Brock. I don't think DC can out wrestle him, but he can out punch him.

SnatchBox likes this.
  12. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Daniel Cormier is a Silver medalist in Wrestling, obviously Lesnar's wrestling pars in comparison but his size and strength can make the difference, as it has many times before.

Still doesnt change the fact that Cormier vs a part time fighter in Lesnar who happens to be a WWE star is a freakshow fight, no matter how you put it.

13. lefthandlead

Jan 1, 2010
    That definitely was scripted. I couldn't believe my eyes.

14. lefthandlead

Jan 1, 2010
    Yes it is and I'm surprised Dana will let him get a title shot after pissing hot. But money talks.

15. kobashi

kobashi Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2010
    they are good friends so yeah it was all a work to sell the fight. who cares though, the fight industry is a business and you need to sell fights.

I honestly cant understand why people get so worked up about fake beef in combat sports.

Daniel Cormier is a huge pro-wrestling fan, he wanted to be a pro-wrestler when he was younger. Saturday night was his lifelong dream of having that pro-wrestling moment.