Dom Ingle turning into Joe Gallagher

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by CutThroatFade, Mar 22, 2017.

1. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Brook did show the way to beat GGG, and did in in style, and as we all saw Jacobs pretty much adopted the same tactics, and in my eye won the fight.

I remember after the first Tyson Bruno fight, boxing news headline stated on its front page, " The Bruno fight reveals that Tyson can be beat", Bruno paved the way, and Brook has done it with this over hyped ducker in GGG.

Twentyman and ashishwarrior like this.
  2. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    I disagree with the Jacobs winning the fight though close but clear for me
    But brook should he is human
    And I pointed out v brook GGG was breathing very hard and he was in with danny they were working him to a point

3. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Not sure why there was doubt over how to beat GGG. Brook did OK and did most of what was needed but it was hardley a blue print. Good movement, get him to respect your power and off set his so he can't just walk you down is hardly revolutionary. It's been the way to diffuse pressure fighters for years.

So far no one has been able to stand up to power other than Jacobs.

I bet GGG fights a stationary target next fight to get the fear factor back defo won't be a mover.

Sounds like some utter nonsense spouted at the presser...I thought Brook hurt GGG with one uppercut-right hand combination but Golovkin doesn't show very much but it certainly got his attention other than that it was fairly one sided.

fighting-pride likes this.
  4. liger1992

liger1992 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2015
    This is why I thought GGG fans just assuming GGG didn't care about Brook and was happy to take shots was silly. No fighter likes to be hit and Brook just showed that GGG has flaws like everyone else.

A blueprint to beat him? Not sure about that but it emphasised the point that a fighter who doesn't move his head is vulnerable to an accurate puncher with varied punch selection and decent movement.

The likes of Martin Murray lasted long but he was limited so couldn't really do anything the other way against GGG. Brook is a lot more skilled than that so even with the weight difference was able to utilise his skills a lot more to actually give something for GGG to think about coming back at him.

ashishwarrior likes this.
  5. billo_billy

billo_billy Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Joker, ggg will have had harder sparring sessions than the Brook fight

6. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Jacobs did not fight GGG in the same way as Brook. Brook went toe to toe like a G but make no mistake he got his arse whooped. Fair play to his warrior style but it was dumb.

Jacobs actually fought in a similar way to Willie Monroe Jr. And Monroe exposed GGG's uncomfortableness in dealing with slickness before Brook.

7. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    A couple of people have disagreed with me about Brook providing a blueprint and in hindsight i put my thoughts across inaccurately as it sounds like I'm referring to tactics.

What I was failing to articulate is that there was that aura of invincibility around GGG for a very long time and it took a welterweight of all fighters to demonstrate that GGG does in fact have his limitations.

CutThroatFade likes this.
  8. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Agree with this, Brook's performance has clearly encouraged the 160s and 168s to grow a set of balls.

AsherJames and ashishwarrior like this.