Dominic Negus vs Danny Williams

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by cheekyvid, Apr 10, 2013.

1. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Williams might be a possible opponent for Hughie Fury down the line.

2. ClintMagnum

ClintMagnum Antitheist Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    This shows the difference between a hard hitting guy outside the ring and even a shop worn pro.
    Negus runs his large, respected security firm and still trains in the gym but even a well worn pro is a level above.
    It reminds me of these nutters on the forums saying that Magglianagi hits so light that they would fancy their chances if even just for a couple of rounds!
    Everyone is entitled to opinions but until you've set foot in a pro gym its best to expect to have your opinion embarassed when it lacks personal experience.

3. Westy78

Westy78 Well-Known Member Full Member

May 24, 2013
    I've just watched it, Negus was well out of shape,

4. Mufc30

Mufc30 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 28, 2013
    Who won? Cant find results or links anywhere

5. Westy78

Westy78 Well-Known Member Full Member

May 24, 2013
    Williams in round 4

6. Espin88

Espin88 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Exactly.

7. Joe.Boxer

Joe.Boxer Chinchecker Full Member

Jan 8, 2011
    err...Negus is a 42 year-old ex pro, overweight, and can't punch at heavyweight.

8. Mufc30

Mufc30 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 28, 2013
    Cheers :good

9. TERRYTIBBS

TERRYTIBBS Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 11, 2013
    Who wants to see Williams v Harrison 3

10. China Rich

China Rich Active Member Full Member

Sep 1, 2009
    A win for Danny. Knock it on the head now old chap, a career to be proud of go and do something else!

11. Mike Hunt

Mike Hunt Well-Known Member Full Member

May 13, 2011
    He's still skint though

12. dannyboy147

dannyboy147 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 2, 2010

There is a guy at my work from Angola he is probably about 5'8",16 stone and has a beer gut, thinks himself a bit tasty as he worked the doors at revolution a few years back (in reality he is a 40 year old father of 2 that probably never had a fight). I asked him for a laugh if he thinks he could take Prime Naseem Hamed, he said yes and laughed at me for asking such nonsense. He then said he would take a Prime Ricky Hatton aswell as they both wouldnt know what to do in a street fight and they are far too small for him.

Even when i said "i know the rules are different but they would land 5 on your chin before you blinked and would put your lights clean out, drunk or sober, in the ring or in the street". He was having none of it!! I even got him to come up stairs to the gaffers office and ran through the same chat just to prove to another person that someone can be so idiotic!!

Even when i said "most are of the opinion Naz is pound for pound one of the hardest punchers ever" he just laughed and said the guy was an 8 stone midget and wouldnt stand a chance against him!!

13. ClintMagnum

ClintMagnum Antitheist Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    DannyBoy147, I hear you fella, unfortunately there's stories like that all over the Country and probably every Country. most of them seem to troll these forums!
    Myself and my mate J boxed whilst working the doors back in the 1990's, I'm a big guy but he was only a 12 stone super middle, and some of our 'roided work colleagues thought similarly to your Angolan mate.
    I had a lot of fun at the gym sitting back and watching the "smaller" 12 stone J handing them an absolute snotting even over 2 rounds! They were lovely lads, strong as oxes and very handy in a fight but struggled to keep aim on a swinging heavy bag let alone a human who moved! :bbb

14. Weirdyman

Weirdyman Active Member Full Member

Apr 15, 2012
    What's that based on? I heard he's quite well off and doing ok for himself.

15. China Rich

China Rich Active Member Full Member

Sep 1, 2009
    He said he needed to keep fighting whilst his bodyguard career was taking off, obviously sensible to keep cash coming in, he never said that he was broke.