Don't retire yet Whyte!

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by MooMan, Aug 23, 2020.

1. MooMan

MooMan Member Full Member

Nov 29, 2018
    Eddie still needs you to milk the fans for Povetkin rematch, AJ rematch and Chisora 3

Jurgen, teddybaldock and Bulldog24 like this.
  2. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Chisora is retiring after his bout with Usky and Usyk will beat Chisora anyway.

3. Popeye

Popeye For The Fans banned Full Member

Jul 23, 2020
    Whyte-Chisora 3 is inevitable after Usyk schools Chisora

4. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Whyte is going to the around a long time. He is still somewhere between 4 and 6 in the division.

5. Bulldog24

Bulldog24 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 2, 2013
    I think he needs to hang them up right now. Don't want to see anyone get hurt. He's not a world-class fighter and is extremely rich. Get out while you can with faculties still there.

6. Devon Dog

Devon Dog Member Full Member

Dec 29, 2017
    I think he needs to get Tibbys back on board I keep saying this but it is simple maths !
    Fantastic he preformed well during the fight but for those of you who lost your satellite signal he got sparked in the end !
    It is all BS it dont matter what he did in the fight

I would rather see him win a scrappy fight on points with Mark Tibbs in the corner than this debarcle

7. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Where did you hear that?

N17 likes this.
  8. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Speaking of retiring.. Wilder has gone very quiet. With his trilogy fight with Fury supposedly in December, there’s very little noise being made about it from Wilder’s side. I wonder whether he may pull out.

Wouldn’t necessarily be a bad thing, Joshua vs Pulev in December and then Fury in a keep busy fight before Joshua vs Fury next summer when hopefully things are back to normal.

Clarence Gianni likes this.
  9. Who_Necks

Who_Necks David Price's Big Suit Full Member

Dec 11, 2016
    It will be fine Whyte wont retire just yet there is still the 1-1 with Joshua to exploit and he is guaranteed to be fighting PPV next.
    Whyte is doo doo but still a PPV 'attraction' to the casual boxing fans, the SKY Matchroom bias is in full flow, 'He didn't really lose, it was a lucky punch, Whyte was winning every round bullsh*t to make sure he stays PPV, Even after the event they made sure David Diamante announced it as a RSC ( i know the ref waved it but it was as clear as day FAT KO ive ever seen, the ref could have counted to 50 and he wouldn't have got up)
    I personally think Matchroom know there in trouble in the HW scene now and Frank can take a monopoly on the Division in this country with

Fury
    Dubois
    Joyce
    Gorman
    Adeleye

Pretty strong line up for Warren this.

Jimmy Elders likes this.
  10. impacted

impacted Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Whyte has the best earnings to ability ratio in world boxing. He'd have been on the Harrison, Williams, Sprott Merry-Go-Round 15 years ago. Why would he retire when he's about to headline his umpteenth PPV show, this time rematching a guy who is already completely shot and will be 41 by the time it happens?

His '1000 days as WBC number one contender' manufactured sob story is embarrassing. He'd have been beheaded against Wilder, and what he's earned and gotten away with thanks to friendly, Matchroom influenced officiating in the meantime has been almost unbelievable.

11. Bulldog24

Aug 2, 2013
    I'd fancy Matt Skelton to do him.

impacted likes this.
  12. Bulldog24

Aug 2, 2013
    I think it's Edward who's been exposed.

Gary Mason retired and died both without a pot to **** in. He'd of bashed the granny through Whyte.

13. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Whyte v Skelton would have been a good fight. :thumbsup:

im sparticus likes this.
  14. Bulldog24

Aug 2, 2013
    Low quality but good 'for the fans'.

Unforgiven likes this.
  15. jm2729v

jm2729v Active Member Full Member