Double Standard with Canelo's resume

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by MoneyMay1, Nov 26, 2021.

1. chacal

chacal F*** the new normal Full Member

Jun 21, 2015
    haters hate.

In this forum the same people who rated postol p4p worthy (lol at that) now say that crawford has fought noone.

With canelo, mayweather, crawford.... even with inoue some people here have done that. When noone is good enough for you is when you are truly great. That's not bad, if you dont have haters you are nobody.

Richmondpete, JSpizz and Pimp C like this.
  2. MoneyMay1

MoneyMay1 Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2021
    Canelo has a lot of good opponents. Look at the opponents he faced in the Ring top 10:

168:
    #3 Caleb Plant
    #4 BJS
    #7 Danny Jacobs

160:
    #1 GGG (twice)

175:
    #10 Callum Smith

154:
    #3 Lara

That's 5 top 10 opponents he beat.

How many top 10 opponents have his rivals beaten?

Andrade: 1 (#9 Liam Williams)

Charlo: 1 (#4 Derevyanchenko)

Benavidez: 0

Bivol: 1 (#3 Joe Smith Jr)

Beterbiev: 0

Those 5 guys have a combined 3 opponents who are top 10 fighters. Canelo beat that all by himself. This doesn't even include Canelo's fighters versus past top 10 opponents like Mosley, Trout, Cotto, Mosley.

3. JSpizz

JSpizz Jay Spizz. Full Member

Jan 8, 2021
    My point is you don't make it onto the pound for pound list if your garbage.... #1 or otherwise.

That's like saying plant cherry picked Canelo.

4. jmb1356

jmb1356 Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2019
    Canelo's best win is either an end of the line Cotto or GGG who he got caught roiding for in-between fights.

vast and Quina74 like this.
  5. Quina74

Quina74 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 25, 2019
    Canelos best wins are Trout and Jacobs. Smith, Plant, Saunders wins just aren't good when you look at the reality of it. BJS is natural 160lber hadn't fought for 4 YEARS a legit world level opponent since Lemieux (who is pretty limited himself). He won the belt off of Shefat Isufi who rocked him, he had a hard fight with Corceres, and he looked beyond mediocre against Murray. Can someone tell me why this is just completely ignored?

Plant has always been pretty average and even that'd be a compliment. Not to mention he just let Clenelo plod towards him and pitty pattered even more so than before against the ginger midget.

Smith I thought was a bit of a fishy fight. But if it wasnt outright fixed, he was given a 2 month camp and lost to domestic euro level Ryder. Shows Canelo is so confident in his ability ay? P4p material right there suckers

Back to Canelo's best wins in Trout and Jacobs. I had Canelo marignally winning his fights against both Trout and Jacobs but there is a fair argument for a draw in both cases and even 7-5 to Trout

Let's add some more context. Trout has lost pretty much every big fight in his career and was schooled by Lara straight after Canelo. Jacobs was weight drained (again Canelo and his confidence in his p4p 1 ability) and a year later robbed limited Rosado. Great wins ay fanboys

Canelos whole resume and identity is opportunism/cherrypicking and stacking the cards high in his favour.

Canelo remains a manufactured hypejob. Anyone who even ranks him p4p is not a boxing fan imo. You can't have a guy like that in there with the tainted suspect record he has.

Joe-fist likes this.
  6. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    i dont get a lot of it. i dont get how an adult can choose, cause at this point its a choice, to mind **** themselves over this. whats the payoff? some type of emotional satisfaction? **** off his fans? it just doesnt make sense to me.
    the guy just CLEANED OUT every pretender wearing a strap at 168 and calling themselves a champion. now he sets his sites on a legitimate title holder who has defended, not one division above, but TWO. and the guy was once unified champ at 154, ffs. and like it or not, the best antidoping testing protocol says he is doing it clean.
    **** what happens outside the ring, you tell me what other fighter can do the same things that happen when canelo is inside the ring.
    i didnt really become a fan till after the 2nd ggg fight. thats when i first saw how high his potential ceiling really was. and i still slightly underestimated him. if you really cant tell by watching him in action, against the men he fights, the level of ability he is operating at, and instead think its due to peds or specific timing, then you really dksab.

JSpizz likes this.
  7. jmb1356

jmb1356 Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2019
    I can give credit where it's due, Jacobs was a good win.

DynamicMoves likes this.
  8. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Bivol and Beterbiev in another Spence-Crawford...**** all these guys until they fight each other.

My issue with Canelo is not the cherry-picking, but the fact that he failed to take the torch from Mayweather and should have three other losses. The guy is a good fighter, but as the sport's torch-bearer he is a manufactured joke.

You can have him.

DynamicMoves and jmb1356 like this.
  9. JSpizz

JSpizz Jay Spizz. Full Member

Jan 8, 2021

Fair points, I respect this type of argument more than some of the other unsubstantiated stuff I hear people say.

I like to watch Canelo, he's one of my favorites, I find him entertaining.

That being said I do see your point of view. But I don't think it's as bad as you make it out to be.

I think for the most part he fought the guys he needed to fight.

To me Usyk and Canelo are neck and neck at the top of the tree. There's not to many other guys fighting other top guys.

Say what you want about Plant Saunders Smith, but three undefeated champs in 11 months is pretty impressive.

Name me a guy other than Usyk making those moves.

If Teo fights Taylor the winner of that is in with a good shout for P4P #1, depending on what Canelo and Usyk does.

10. m.s.

m.s. Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Floyd should have fought Pacquiao right after Pacquiao destroyed Cotto. Floyd wanted no part of prime Pacquiao. That's when Floyd suddenly became extremely concerned about peds.

box33 and vast like this.
  11. chacal

chacal F*** the new normal Full Member

Jun 21, 2015
    I would be deeply concerned about peds too after watching my future oponent launching 1300 punches vs margarito and still with gas enough in the tank to run a marathon.

It's a pity that pacman were so scared of needles, right?

12. Oddone

Oddone Bermane Stiverne's life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
    Link thier threads.

13. CleneloAnavarez

CleneloAnavarez Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 18, 2021
    Pacquiao should have got over his fear of needles, taken an IV to mask PEDs then got a retroactive TUE.

box33 likes this.
  14. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Personally can't recall any but if so they were chatting nonsense

15. acie2g

acie2g Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Man y’all groupies need to get a life or get some pu$$y or something Canelo is THE BEST FIGHTER in boxing and 9/10 yo favorite fighter don’t even have a win as good as Yildrim sorry self so please for everybody’s sake STFU with all this crying. Y’all can’t name 5 active fighters who is doing more or beat better fighters hell y’all can’t even name 3 fighters doing more