Doubting Fury

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Murderers' Row, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    What's going on here? He's gone from the undoubtedly heavyweight king to "I feel a Wilder knockout win is on the cards tonight.. Aye I'm not all that sure"

What's going on lads?

Why is doubt creeping in? Because he's heavier than his last outing? Anyone clocked that training video of himon the pads fighting Mexican style? Looks ready to go.

2. MrBarry465

MrBarry465 Active Member Full Member

Jun 17, 2021
    People get like this before every Fury fight, it's the same stuff. 'Wilder looks good on the pads', 'Wilders body is amazing'.

3. Murderers' Row

Apr 23, 2020
    All a bit too reactionary and fickle for my liking. Not strange considering the amount of football fans on this C U Next Tuesday, myself included.

Oneirokritis likes this.
  4. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    I have been sceptical about Fury's state for months, so my concerns are not based solely on the weigh-in.

I also rate Wilder highly, and there are many on here now that pretend that he's a walk-over job for any top heavyweight, which is complete nonsense.

Combine the two and I think this will be Fury's toughest fight against Wilder. Although I do not think Wilder coming in heavy will do him any favours. If Wilder knocks out Fury, I think it will be in spite of the weight gain and not because of the weight gain.

Gatekeeper, Twentyman, Jurgen and 4 others like this.
  5. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." banned Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    It was ever thus, so I prefer it this way. Would feel weird if everyone had faith in him. They'll all have Usyk picked, too.

Not that I need the company, but a few sturdy Furybros will do me. After it's all over, the shaky hands crowd will emerge from behind their sofas breathing sighs of relief and the Anything But Fury mob will resume their neverending seethe.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
    Murderers' Row likes this.
  6. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Mind games again. Fury's been doing it since Cunningham fight.

Oneirokritis and navigator like this.
  7. MrBarry465

MrBarry465 Active Member Full Member

Jun 17, 2021
    He's got it mate, I am not concerned. Malik Scott (a trainer) being on stage and giving Fury the bird says it all really.

**** all professionalism from that side.

navigator likes this.
  8. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." banned Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    I already had you counted among that sturdy number I mentioned. :lol:

Malik always was a purple sock-wearing finocchio. Never liked the *****.

Tankatron, Safin and MrBarry465 like this.
  9. Murderers' Row

Apr 23, 2020
    Finocchio? Are we in the company of an Italian stallion by any chance?

10. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    I think there’s also a sense that Wilder has nothing to lose. His corner will be under strict instructions not to pull him out under any circumstance so it’ll take the referee waving it off or Fury knocking him out properly to get a KO/TKO.

Obviously Fury should win if it goes the distance - but the longer the fight lasts the more time Wilder has to land his big shot.

I really hope Fury can do it and I too always have the same nagging doubts before his Wilder fights.

11. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Logic tells me that Fury will win convincingly but there has to be an element of doubt when the opponent has already had Fury down twice and has the power to iron out pretty much anyone. I’m 85/15 for Fury.

12. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Don’t think Fury will be as good as before and don’t think Wilder will be as bad. Throw in I think Fury’s a bit unsettled and is trying too hard to get himself up for it.

Probably look daft this time tomorrow but I just fancy Wilder.

kevinreid001, Jurgen and im sparticus like this.
  13. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    As soon as I saw Malik Scott in an IFL TV interview years ago smoking those thin little cigars I knew he was a bit of an idiot.

14. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Fury should win, no doubt. He is the better boxer by a mile. And no doubt his talk about being 300lb played a factor in Wilder coming in heavy.

I do have my concerns that Fury hasn’t put in the right work but just adds to the intrigue.

Oneirokritis and Gatekeeper like this.
  15. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Ill go with this...up to the "fancy wilder " pick. Im still going tyson but theres something 'unfuryesq' about all this.

aaaaa likes this.