Doubting Fury

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Murderers' Row, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Definitely. Squat and deadlift are clearly much more beneficial for having strength in the clinch. Glutes, quadriceps, hamstrings, lower back, abdominals and obliques not getting much work in a bench press!

Unforgiven likes this.
  2. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    This content is protected

This was filmed on third of August and Fury looks good here, I think. He's probably in better shape now with the camp

3. GlassJoe

GlassJoe 1-99 TBE Full Member

Dec 8, 2012
    My only doubt is the rumors of a bad training camp, lack of motivation, multiple COVID-19, and his daughter almost passing could play a significant role.

4. DirtyOldTown

DirtyOldTown Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Never doubt him.

Jurgen likes this.
  5. Hankey89

Hankey89 Member Full Member

Apr 9, 2016
    I would have to see Fury in with an elite boxer. I think Wilder second tier at best, so it's hard to judge on these fights, Wilder is so one dimensional. Usyk -Fury, Joshua Fury would show us more.

CutThroatFade likes this.
  6. ChiefSupport

ChiefSupport New Member banned Full Member

Oct 9, 2021
    Fury solidifes again that hes a british boxing great.

Not his best performance tonight, sloppy at times .. excellent at times. Overall a good performance though against an improved, extremely dangerous Wilder showing massive heart

You can never doubt him. The way he recovers from knockdowns is special.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
  7. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    He's little chance against Usyk according to some mmmh..

8. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    I think if Fury ever loses to anyone it’s because he allows them to. He’ll never meet anyone better than him. He gave Wilder, who must be the luckiest sportsman to have ever lived a way into that yesterday. He’s streets ahead of any of them ability wise except Usyk. Fury isn’t Joshua though and is not just bigger than Usyk but very skilful and knows his way around the ring. The division is still garbage with a couple of great ones at the top. Very lucky to have Fury and Usyk they really are amazing and put all these overweight plodders, half of whom could probably be cruiser weights to shame.

LeavemealoneKoooogs and Jurgen like this.
  9. Cluedo

Cluedo Member Full Member

Sep 22, 2016
    I think this time I did have a few doubts not that he would lose but he didnt look quite right this week. I back that, he didn't faint, his head movement was poor and he ate two knockdowns. He still dominated due to size and skill advantage overall.

He was able to mainly use like against cunningham his huge weight advantage to lean and bully wilder out of there the knockout was very simular here to that knockout.

He is so fascinating Tyson because he has both technical ability for a man so big and major flaws, he could have lost to McDermott, has been decked by cruisers, yet he has always found a way to win, every champion has his day though somebody eventually i sense will unlock the key.

10. LeavemealoneKoooogs

LeavemealoneKoooogs All hail his excellency Full Member

Apr 30, 2021
    He's always been beatable but nobody's been good enough so far. It's natural to doubt him pre fight because we've seen him on the deck a few times, his erratic personality, his love of a pint and a snort (although surely to f**k he's done with the latter by now), and his non athletic physique. All the above is a recipe for doubt.
    On an unrelated note it was nice to see the absence of the coat-tail riding rat Isaac Lowe in the entourage this time.

11. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Hopefully the brothers are next, especially Shane who walks around like he's an integral part of the camp. Made me laugh when he was shouting at Wilder from 50 yards down the corridor with about 20 security men inbetween.

DramaShow likes this.
  12. LeavemealoneKoooogs

LeavemealoneKoooogs All hail his excellency Full Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Siblings are harder to shift I think, Marsellus "the Pokémon master" Wilder case and point.

13. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    I stopped reading here.

Typical Fury fanboy with an excuse already made up. That or he couldn't get up for his opponent, went off the rails for a day, felt blue... joker.

Skyver likes this.
  14. MrBarry465

MrBarry465 Active Member Full Member

Jun 17, 2021
    Sorry but why wouldn't Shane be part of Fury's camp or entourage? It's clear they have a very close relationship and it makes Fury feels settled. Wilder had about 30 clingers on at the weigh ins and Fury just had his brothers there.

It was Shane and Tyson on stage copping it from about 40 hooting idiots at the weigh in and neither of them backed down. I say fair play.

15. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    He's a proper melt and what is that haircut. At least it saves him having to get a job I suppose.