Douglas KO Tyson 30 Years

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by The Morlocks, Feb 4, 2020.

1. ETM

ETM I thought I did enough to win. Full Member

Mar 19, 2012
    The crowd being silent was another weird aspect of that night.
    Buster's mother was afraid for her son when they signed that fight. Tyson was a force of nature. He had the whole world pissing down their leg. Billy Dynamite Douglas was the opposite of Buster. He was a junkyard dog. You had to drag him out of the gym. He was rough on Buster. When Buster quit against Tucker Billy couldnt understand such a mentality.

Buster's mother ask Billy if Tyson was as mean as they say he is? "Is he like you?" Billy said yea, he's a Killer.
    She over to Buster's apartment and ask him to cancel the fight. She was afraid for him. That is where Buster got pissed off. He said to his mother "dont be afraid for me, be afraid for that (Tyson) motherfuker!" He said it with alot of anger. That was the first time she ever saw her husband in her son.
    Then she dies 2 weeks before the fight. Amazing ****

Rumsfeld and The Morlocks like this.
  2. Boxing2019

Boxing2019 If you want peace, prepare war. Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    In a recent interview Douglas has said it was easier to knock Tyson out than to beat depression and other physical troubles he had after that bout. Now he is happy thanks to his gym in which he trains fighters in collaboration with his sons. He also declared before the match he lost his mom and his marriage got broken. Besides that its false Tyson wasnt in good shape when they fought and he won because he could keep the right distance from Tyson during the whole match.

3. SambaKing1993

SambaKing1993 Don't do it Zachary! Full Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Nearly the big day @Fergy

I’m sure your co-workers are facepalming right now. “Oh no, it’s nearly Feb 11th again. We will need to listen to Fergy bang on about Mike Tyson again”.

ETM likes this.
  4. ETM

ETM I thought I did enough to win. Full Member

Mar 19, 2012
    I was a dishwasher working at a Marie Calendars restaurant when somebody called and said Tyson got knocked out. Prank Call. We were all boxing fans back there. The boys from Figi didnt believe it either.

Saintpat likes this.