Douglas Lima.

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by UnleashtheFURY, Oct 27, 2019.

1. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    With that win where does he go from here? I'd like to see him in the UFC before he gets too old but he'll have to fight out his contract before that's a possibility. He's cleared house at Welterweight so it might be time to try his hand at MW. Mousasi would be a great fight.

2. The Funny Man 7

The Funny Man 7 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 1, 2005
    I didn't get to see the fight. Was it good enough to warrant a tie breaker between Lima and Rory? I was expecting Lima to win; he's seemed like he's had the wind in his sails ever since he lost the title, while Rory has seemed weary and shopworn for years.

I think we'll probably see Lima and Ed Ruth cross swords at some point. I heard Ruth won as well, so that's two in a row.

I also heard Michael Chandler and Benson Henderson are meeting in a rematch. Either of those guys are big enough to fight at 170 and they both have a big enough name to justify the winner fighting Lima in a division that suddenly seems pretty sparse.

And yeah, a jump to middleweight would be dope. It would even be cool to see him face Machida, because I believe Mousasi is rematching Lovato Jr., right?

3. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    Lima dominated won nearly every round. I have no interest in a rematch tbh.

Yeah.... Given how badly Bendo was beaten up by Koreshkov who Lima has gotten the better of in their trilogy I have no interest in that one either. I suppose Ruth but I don't think there's any sellable fights for Lima at Welterweight currently. Moving up to MW is probably the only viable option as far as interesting or challenging fights are concerned for him in Bellator. Yeah Machida would be a great fight.

4. Francis75

Francis75 FAB 4 Full Member

Oct 1, 2007
    Lima is the best 170 lb fighter in the world.

5. DONT B SCARED

DONT B SCARED Pimpin Aint Easy Full Member

Mar 8, 2017
    He's top 5 but hasn't come close to beating the quality of opposition the top few guys in the UFC have and it's a shame he signed that extension with Bellator and we won't get to see how good he really is.
    Rory Macdonald is a decent win for Lima but he is fringe top 10 guy at best these days and has been showing signs of decline for a while,like few others have said if is going to stay with Bellator i'd like to see him have few fights at middleweight and test himself against Mousassi etc as I see him dominating a mediocre welterweight roster for the forseeable future

elmaldito likes this.
  6. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    He won’t beat masvidal and they both know because they’ve sparred several times.
    Just like lawler, woodley, porier, and Covington know aswell.

7. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    I think he'd be one of the toughest strikers for gamebred to deal with at 170. Wouldn't you agree?

8. Boxingfan200

Boxingfan200 USYK #1 P4P banned Full Member

Feb 5, 2017
    good fighter but rorys on the decline anyway ..

9. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    If he could stay away and use his kicks. His punching isn’t anywhere near Jorge’s.

10. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    Yeah. But his punches get better when he starts to establish his kicks. and he does have power too. Like when he starched Koreshkov in the rematch and dropped Paul Daley hard.