Down Under Boxing Info

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by MidniteProwler, Aug 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StiffJab

StiffJab Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 25, 2008
    How you guys have managed to stretch this thread out to 90 pages of "aussie bum", "insert name kid", "gorilla arms", "FAB4" and "backslappers" is nothing short of amazing but somewhat sad.

I drop past from time to time to see if there is any interesting and relevant news for Aussie boxing but it's always the same. Remember the time when the Aussie forum was a hive of activity, interesting historical boxing information, inside scoops and interesting conversation. I joined up ESB a a teenager and learnt a **** load about boxing from this forum and it's sad it's come to this.

Peace out ESB

2. Francis75

Francis75 FAB 4 Full Member

Oct 1, 2007
    Listen Stiffjab kid it's no shame in admitting you can't hang with the elites here on the Aussie ESB forum. I admire your honesty to tell you the truth. The problem is not the posters here but the pathetic state of Australian boxing that we have to constantly prop up. What do you want us to do ? You can't polish a turd and Australian boxing is full of them. We call it how it is on here. We call a bum a bum and a quitter fraud like the Geales kid gets called out on his performances. Mundines/Grinning Greens are called what they are - smoke and mirror frauds.

Look at the state of Oz boxing and the fighters and it is nothing short of miraculous what the FAB 4 have been able to do with it. Hopefully you will keep posting because I always thought you had some promise coming through the ranks. Lets see what your made of kid.

MidniteProwler and JOSEY WALES like this.
  3. JOSEY WALES

JOSEY WALES Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Come on Jabby mate you lasted a strawberry season over at the backslappers you are dyed in the wool ESB for life as for not getting any boxing disscussion and any historical interest my previous post incorporated both with my question to Fab 4 Ever present Mr Prowler regarding his opinion of the ' maybe ' fight between young parker and young Fury and my refrence to Cleveland Williams
    Ps . How is the nipper doing ?
    Best Josey

MidniteProwler likes this.
  4. stiflers mum

stiflers mum Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Yes Aussie boxing forums have become somewhat redundant mate(it's not just here) and have just become a comedy skit here a ghost town CHB or fanboy central boxrec.

5. KelandBeave

KelandBeave Fab 4 Full Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Aussie boxing was and will always be a joke

Francis75 likes this.
  6. PIRA

PIRA Arise Sir Lennox. Full Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Aussie boxing plunges any deeper into dire straits Mark Knopfler would get a gig. Very depressing to see the glory days of Aussie boxing long gone.
    I am lucky I have Aussie Muay Thai to support, been a very good 2017 domestic and international so far to continue the trend - IMO at the expense to boxing.

On a bright note some really exciting international bouts coming up - can't wait to see Kov - Ward 2 and Canelo - Chavez Jnr.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
    MidniteProwler likes this.
  7. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    LOL that you are talking trash about ESB. That's right we got 90 pages of great boxing knowledge from the Fab 4 and associates. Your backslappers club is a complete ghost town. Now tell me why is that?

8. stiflers mum

Aug 9, 2005
    Joshua v WK. AJ's biggest test to date IMO.

9. WhataRock

WhataRock VIP Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Easily..looking forward to it.

10. PIRA

PIRA Arise Sir Lennox. Full Member

Mar 30, 2007

Of course - "Aussie" Joe Parker, got a familiar ring to it. :thinking:
    We claimed Russel Crowe and the only thing he swings at is concierge's and female rappers so on board for the Parker express.:dogpile:

11. Ant Sutton

Ant Sutton I love boxing Full Member

Feb 21, 2017
    Czar Amonsot...thoughts?

12. Francis75

Francis75 FAB 4 Full Member

Oct 1, 2007
    I think Joshua will stop Wlad. I want Wlad to win though. What do my loyal followers think ?

13. stiflers mum

Aug 9, 2005
    Joshua UD.

14. KelandBeave

KelandBeave Fab 4 Full Member

Jun 27, 2013
    You could be right, WLAD could be completely shot and we could see a very sad stoppage ..... on the other hand, he might turn back time.

I'll go with the former

15. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    You are probably right but a win for Wlad would not surprise me either. AJ hasn't fought the best comp and he was rocked by Whyte, if Wlad survives the early storm from AJ it will be interesting to see if AJ can stand up to Wlad's right hand.
    That's the good thing about this fight, there are so many questions that need to be answered. The young bull v the old bull. That's why we love boxing.

Francis75 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.