Down Under Boxing Info

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by MidniteProwler, Aug 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Francis75

Francis75 FAB 4 Full Member

Oct 1, 2007
    Josey what's your official prediction mate ? How do you see it going down ?

2. JOSEY WALES

JOSEY WALES Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Pretty much as the rest of the thread are reading the fight mate either Wlad rolls back the clock and is able to stay away from Anthony whilst getting his jab going then forcing the issue late into the fight and nicking it on points or he fights like he did v Tyson and gets destroyed by AJ's speed & youth , one thing that concerns me like no other when it comes to Anthony though is his chin ? ok a few have tapped the port but he ain't as far as I've seen as yet taken a monster shot to the jaw yet . If pressed I'm going Wlad riding off into the sunset via a split decision .

Francis75 likes this.
  3. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    I think that Fury's style caused Wlad to be hesitant. AJ will come right at Wlad looking for the KO and could very well get countered hard by Wlad. That's what makes this fight so exciting either guy is capable of winning by knock out.

JOSEY WALES likes this.
  4. JOSEY WALES

Feb 27, 2006
    Yep that lean , push away then counter when Wlad came back in was effective from Ty if i remember correctly at the time i had Tyson winning it but AJ imo won't fight that way because the difference is Joshua will be overly concerned about copping a kipping pill whilst trying to get his off where as Tyson didn't give c rap .

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  5. KelandBeave

KelandBeave Fab 4 Full Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Going to be an interesting fight.

AJ's style is very fan friendly

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  6. stiflers mum

stiflers mum Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 9, 2005
  7. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    Santiago was a big name in the US

8. Francis75

Oct 1, 2007
    He was in the p4p lists at the time Greeny beat him. Top class win by Grinning Greeny.

MidniteProwler likes this.
  9. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    I have kept changing my mind on this fight but my final pick is Wlad to win by stoppage. I can see a scenario where AJ hurts Wlad then walks in to a counter while trying to finish it and Wlad having more experience will finish him.

PIRA and JOSEY WALES like this.
  10. JOSEY WALES

Feb 27, 2006
    Haaaa Prow i had a slight wobble yesterday but back aboard the Wlad express . Still Wlad close decision for my two bob .

11. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    For such a big event it's a shame the under card is not so great. It will be interesting to see if Quigg has improved under Freddie Roach. They have Katie Taylor on the under card but I am just not interested in women's boxing at all.

JOSEY WALES and KelandBeave like this.
  12. Francis75

Oct 1, 2007
    I really want Wlad to win. I have always liked him and Vitali they are class but Wlad has fought scared for 10 yrs now and doesn't let his hands go. Tyson Fury beat him ffs who imo is garbage. Wlad has insane power BUT he just doesn't throw em. I still say Joshua by stoppage. Hope I'm wrong.

KelandBeave and PIRA like this.
  13. Komaster

Komaster Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Sep 20, 2010
    All hail the FAB4. Just wanted to get their take on the Kambosis jnr vs Qamil Balla fight next weekend in Auckland. Looks to be a cracker.

14. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    I've seen some training and sparring footage of the Kamboses kid at the Wild Card gym. He trains hard and is in good shape so I am expecting him to beat the Balla kid who I have never even heard of.
    Now that the Fury kid has pulled out I probably won't even bother watching as Parker is going to destroy the late sub who looks to be a bum.

15. stiflers mum

stiflers mum Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 9, 2005
    They're not going to try and charge PPV for the Parker fight now surely?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.