Dubois and Yarde's next fight announced

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by PaddyGarcia, Oct 30, 2017.

1. STEPHEN1990

STEPHEN1990 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2017
    I guess with the sort of form he will be getting the call from Frank for Dubois next fight after this one another 1st round knockout

Odins beard likes this.
  2. STEPHEN1990

STEPHEN1990 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2017
    That what Frank Likes completely out of shape of dragging a lighter fighter up

3. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Why cant we have David Price vs Dubois? Now that would be a big fight.

Looking forward to the next installment of David Price, more than two green prospects knocking over bums who are paid to fall down in front of them

On_The_Ropes likes this.
  4. Scyson

Scyson Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 14, 2017
    2 poor opponents.

Darch is disposed off within 2 rounds.

The other fella 39 now and up in weight... he’s gona get stopped within 7/8.

How is Yarde 6th with the WBO? Who’s he fought to get that ranking?

5. Avon Barksdale

Avon Barksdale Active Member Full Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Very disappointed in Dubois opponent, especially when you've got Frank feeding us rubbish about him knocking AJ out within the year

6. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    I could be wrong on this but I'm sure they've had to wait for Dubois to be a certain age or something but he can fight for a British title. Could be complete tripe but I'm certain I read that somewhere.

7. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Both kids are in reasonable step ups here - might make make way to the copperbox for this card now.

8. On_The_Ropes

On_The_Ropes Active Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Frank Warren strikes again with his BS matchmaking, to be fair, the Dubois fight is ok as he's still very raw so I don't mind him fighting those level of opponents, although it would have been nice if he picked someone who has a proven chin.

The Yarde fight is another disgrace, dragging up a super middle to fight a big light heavy like Yarde all in the hope of pulling the wool over the eyes of the public, just fight someone like Hosea Burton for christ sake, atleast we know he will come to fight and not just to get KO'd.

9. Ken Ashcroft

Ken Ashcroft Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 23, 2008
    You’ve got to be 21 to fight for a British title and since Dubois only turned 20 a couple of months back, he’s got the better part of a year to wait if he wants to go down that route. Warren not so long ago wanted the BBBC to changed that ruling but now he saying that he thinks that Dubois will be ready for Joe Parker after another 5 fights and Joshua within a year! :yikes:

10. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Thanks for confirming, I didn't know that until recently. I think realistically I'd like to see him in with Nick Webb next then

11. Unpopular

Unpopular New Member banned Full Member

Oct 31, 2017
    I thought he was gonna dig Zsolt Erdei out of retirement, I know he likes facing Hungarians lol

12. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Are we supposed to be happy Yarde is fighting someone with a winning record. I think i've already seen a couple of weaknesses in him and that's against nobodies really. He's going to get hammered on his first step up at this rate. Guys like Shinkwin and Ball would be a test for him at this point because other than his power we have seen nothing of him.

Du Bois I'm less worried about hes blowing guys out the way absolutely stretching people - u cant teach that and his balance and fluidity both look good. What he needs now is someone who can take a dig but usually, that means stepping up and its maybe a bit too soon for that. British heavys are a bit thin on the ground so maybe they need to get a few Hungarian/Bulgarian trial horses over for him - guys who know how to survive.

13. Sturm

Sturm Member Full Member

Oct 29, 2017
    What's the rationale behind this age restriction? If you are good enough you are old enough!? Yarde has a better matchup than Dubois imo

14. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    Another total bum for Yarde, whilst still avoiding Hosea Burton.

The guy isn't even a LHW lol!

Oneirokritis and N17 like this.
  15. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    He's avoiding anyone the same size at the minute. How the hell has he got any kind of ranking domestic or otherwise