Dubois is the real deal

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Hattonmad, Jul 13, 2019.

1. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    Classic example of one fight suddenly elevating a fighter to a level well above where they really sit.

First things first, Dubois looked very good - clearly improved from the Johnson fight. But I can't help feel that a lot of the 'oh my god he's the best I've seen since Tyson' comments are coming from people who massively overrated Gorman. He was diabolical. Same old thing as with Hughie; he's got all the skill in the world, don't worry about how he looks, he's too quick, his power is underrated. He was made to look like a tubby amateur.

Bridie mcmahon likes this.
  2. Kennedy

Kennedy Member Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Cant read anything into that. Gorman was rubbish

Sonny1 likes this.
  3. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    Always rated him since his amateur days

[url]https://www.boxingforum24.com/threads/watch-out-for-daniel-dubois-future-hw-prospect.580416/[/url]

He is good enough to beat the likes of Joshua, Fury and Wilder when they get old and have to pass the torch on.

4. TonyHayers

Nov 1, 2018
    I'm not saying he won't be.

I just think it's important to recognise Gorman was still a novice as well, and was also rubbish.

5. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sep 27, 2016
    Gorman was a solid prospect with a heart of a lion.

You can see he had solid fundamentals and was a dangerous counter puncher.

Had DDD been an overrated one dimensional hypejob he'd have folded last night and ended up walking into some big shots

As it were he immediately made the necessary subtle adjustments to gain full control of the fight and put Gorman on the back foot while making him miss with his counters.

The fight was the equivalent of Joshua vs Dillian Whyte, too young prospects with bright futures. Difference is DDD didn't go life and death, nearly gassing and almost getting knocked out. He came through his biggest test with flying colors.

You can bank on it that Gorman will bounce back from this defeat and go from strength to strength.

I'd say right now Dubious is good enough take Joshua's head off his shoulders and give Wilder and Fury a good run for their money.

Clarence Gianni, Jurgen, rski and 2 others like this.
  6. notjustacasual

notjustacasual Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jun 3, 2019
    We already know Dubois brutally ko'd a fully grown AJ in 10oz gloves when he was 18

He would brutally murder post ruiz AJ who no longer has any kind of threat aura

7. Camaris

Camaris Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    He is focused because, let's be honest, he is as dumb as a mule.

8. rski

rski Well-Known Member Full Member

May 12, 2013
    Dumb fighters don’t learn and improve as time goes on. Wasn’t Gorman meant to be the guy with the high ring IQ in this fight?

9. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    He confirmed that copper box show in September

10. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    I didn’t hear him say Dubois on it as well? Fair enough.

11. TBC-ASAP

Sep 7, 2017
    I do wonder if the whole "Daniel is the puncher" fried Gorman and he wanted to make a statement.

Thought he could handle the power of Dubois, then once the first one landed he realised he should have been dancing for 6 rounds.

Cannot imagine many fancying a go at Dubois tbf

Sephiroth Rising 7 likes this.
  12. TBC-ASAP

Sep 7, 2017
    Yeah he said Dubois will fight on that card, hoping BJS headline

13. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Great win for Dubois no matter what people say about the performance from Gorman. Frank Warren's bringing him along nicely. Does he jump to Euro level next or stay defending the British strap? I can't imagine any British fighters wanting to take him on so I'd assume that he'll go on to a Euro level opponent for his next fight.

14. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sep 27, 2016
    He definitely wanted to make a statement and was trying to impress Tyson Fury and the rest of his buddies at ringside with misplaced bravado.

Clarence Gianni likes this.
  15. TonyHayers

Nov 1, 2018
    I mentioned before the fight but it's a shame Warren is such a bad promoter these days for Dubois. I'm not saying this was a bad fight to make, but in terms of literally making people aware of his fighters Frank is falling very short.

The timing of this fight didn't help at all. You can love or hate them but cricket, F1 and tennis are very popular sports, and scheduling the fight to be on the same weekend as the World Cup final (which England always had a good chance of being in), the British Grand Prix and the Wimbledon finals just meant all mainstream coverage of this fight went out of the window.