Dubois v Gorman

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Jul 6, 2019.

Who wins and how

1. Dubois KO

48 vote(s)
    50.5%
  2. Dubois Points

7 vote(s)
    7.4%
  3. Gorman KO

18 vote(s)
    18.9%
  4. Gorman points

22 vote(s)
    23.2%
  1. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Aye you're right, can't argue with that. I was just making the point that Joshua has fallen off the very high pedestal he was on top of, for now anyway.

2. rski

rski Well-Known Member Full Member

May 12, 2013
    Dubois doesn’t appear the type to go down that route, he doesn’t seem to love the media attention like Joshua.

Suspect.chin and im sparticus like this.
  3. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Once you get Nathan in front of the camera I think he comes across really well. He's chatty, affable & confident I don't get why Dubois is more marketable. I get the fat bald bloke look whilst ddd looks young and quite presentable but ddd doesn't have much going for him, personality wise. He's quiet and introverted and says and does very little, it wouldn't really matter if he was a bad ass as that can give u a reason to not interact with people but when ddd does show his person, he's basically a fair well mannered chap. .
    I do think that the promotion is down to a few factors when we consider why these two hw aren't as well known as they should be but for now, I reckon a far better job can be done for Nathan than has been so far.

4. Smudge_

Jan 23, 2018
    Up until recently I would've agreed with you about Gorman coming across well and being a likeable chap in general but the more I see and hear from him, I've started feeling like he has a bit of smugness about him. I wouldn't go as far to say I don't like him anymore but I do think I've went off him slightly.

im sparticus likes this.
  5. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    I havnt noticed that myself. I do agree, its off putting and should he come through this fight, which I'm expecting him to do, he will need to address things like this, it's not appealing when fighters come across all smug

6. Smudge_

Jan 23, 2018
    I think it might be Dubois that has brought it out in him. He's a lot better at speaking and more articulate than Dubois, let's be honest, that wouldn't be hard, and also the fact that he's seen as the skilful boxer out of the two, I think that's just maybe went to his head a bit.

im sparticus likes this.
  7. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Just watching this no filtered boxing now previewing it. They’re trying to show Dubois’s strengths but it’s just showing me how vulnerable he is. I’m even more convinced with Gorman now.

Twentyman, im sparticus and 305th like this.
  8. 305th

305th Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 28, 2018
    Dan is getting exposed, badly, tonight.

Scissors likes this.
  9. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict Full Member

May 31, 2010
    A lot of people banging on that this is a true 50/50 fight.

If anyone believes that they should LUMP on Gorman simply as a value bet.

I’m picking Dubois KO and doubling it up with Joyce KO

10. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Fancy Joyce to clean out Jennings but cannot get myself to back Gorman due to Daniel's power.

Think I will simply watch and enjoy.

CutThroatFade, Smudge_ and Wizbit1013 like this.
  11. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Both Gorman and Dubois are decent geezers. Buzzing for this fight.

Gorman will be up on the cards but my boy Dubois will then KO him rounds 7-10.

However wouldn't be surprised or upset in anyway if Gorman wins. Been enjoying following both of there careers and that wont stop whoever wins.

Here's Johnny likes this.
  12. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict Full Member

May 31, 2010
    19.25 returns 53.90

13. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Not a pudding in sight mate. Just proper meat and veg boxing.

Smudge_, emallini and Jurgen like this.
  14. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Absolutely mate - we have been programmed to expect puddings on Sat evening and none in sight.

Smudge_ and emallini like this.
  15. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Even if he defeats Gorman in emphatic fashion I just can’t ever see him winning a world title. He reminds me so much of a certain other boxer but a worse (albeit a lot younger) version.

305th likes this.