Dubois vs Fujimoto

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TBC-ASAP, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    But clearly not enough both have taken fights they would lose before for the right payday.

2. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Frank can’t kidnap them and force them into the ring.

Price was open and honest that he was offered big money but didn’t fancy the fight (good decision as it would have been a massacre). Allen was the same situation - fortunately for his health, Hearn stepped in and talked him out of it.

3. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    If Joshua loses again I can see Matchroom trying to poach Dubois at some stage.

They've got years to work on his image, and would do a far better job of that than Warren.

4. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    If Dubois is going to get better opponents then Frank is going to need to come up with the cash

No one is going to want to face Dubois otherwise. It is not worth taking a helacious beating for the same money you could get for any other fight.

So this level of opponent is as a result of Frank not paying that much for opponents

Clarence Gianni, Scissors and Aydamn like this.
  5. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    You market him as the silent assassin with a murderous instinct in the ring. You play to his strengths.

The problem currently is that he is being made to talk and that isnt him. He is not a talking man and never will be. There is a twitter account run by someone else with comments he would never make- that needs to be stopped.

6. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Fair points.

7. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    I've seen that, it's Warren's social media team behind it I'm guessing.

I think the silent assassin personality is quite a good strategy. He's incredibly dull - up there with Joyce and Joshua - but that's fine as long as they don't try to make him something he's not.

8. Terry94

Terry94 15-05-20 Full Member

Apr 20, 2017
    Hope Liam Williams fights on the undercard

9. itsa123

itsa123 New Member Full Member

Oct 28, 2019
    I think Warren actually has the better fighters currently. Wouldn’t surprise me if he loses Fury though. When AJ loses to Ruiz again, Hearn will want him. And let’s face it, Fury and BJS are joint at the hip

10. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    What gets me is Fwank always slagging off Hearn for bad matchmaking and mismatch headliners then he announces Dubois v Sushi and expect us to stand and clap. Dubois would not lose anything in losing to a named HW at this stage but at least we will find out if he is the real deal. Fwank will do a Yarde with him and announce a major opponent after fighting no ones and get wasted!! May as well get tested now but have time to come back.

chico g and ipitythefool like this.
  11. Citizen Smith

Citizen Smith Active Member Full Member

Jul 12, 2019
    Normally I'd agree, but there is a belt and foot firmly in the door against an easy target. Will be a horrible bout but does a job.

12. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Uncle Frank down at the construction site with a big briefcase of cash, enticing that ferocious plumber David Price, to step out of retirement one more time!

13. kevinreid001

kevinreid001 Punchdrunk101 Full Member

Nov 1, 2012
    The problem now with price fight is its a lose lose for dubois. He is expected to knock him out easy and warren prob have pay alot cash to even get him in the ring with dubois. Tbh i kinda want see dubois step up level of competition he faces but at same time he is young can coast along for a year or two wilder and fury a year older and most top hw may hav faced each other so can see why frank would hold him back

14. Citizen Smith

Citizen Smith Active Member Full Member

Jul 12, 2019
    Fury may have left the stage well before Dubois comes of age, as could Wilder. This fight is for the WBC silver belt, but you cannot put Dubois in with Wilder any time soon. Maybe even 2 years+, as he's not had enough fights or fought anyone of note. Compare him to youngest ever HY champion Tyson who had 27 fights before taking the WBC. Daniel at 22 years old has had half as many at this point.

15. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    It's not the greatest opponent but it could be worse. Fujimoto was meant to fight Parker a few years back but pulled out and I wouldn't be suprised if he did it again tbh.