Dubois vs Joyce: sparks!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Boxing2019, Feb 21, 2020.

1. rusev

rusev Active Member Full Member

Jan 30, 2007
    TKO for Joyce , more experienced.

Rhyme Chemist likes this.
  2. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
  3. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Joyce is a massive unit, he needs to come in heavy, if he comes in light like the Jennings fight, he'll get stopped trying to bully Franks's pet Frankenstein!

4. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Dubois is Frank's golden ticket and he's too canny not to have put the work in and researched this thoroughly before making this match.

These guys are on opposing trajectories. Dubois improving markedly in the last 12 months. Joe not really kicking on.

I like the guy but I think Joe Joyce has left it too late to turn pro and his struggle to connect with and stick to a trainer are indicative of deeper issues.

Joe will be too slow and will take punishment from that improving Dubois jab. At some point he'll get opened up and Frank will have a nice headling grabbing KO to push Dubois up a level.

I'm not sure Daniel will make it at the top, but he'll be carefully handled to ensure he probably gets to a money generating title challenge. I don't think he slips at this level.

5. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    If this is true, he'll need to land his best stuff first. Red flag #1 is getting wobbled by had beens or no-name journeyman on the way up.

6. TonnnnUK

TonnnnUK New Member Full Member

Jan 10, 2020
    The flip to that is he took big shots (those Lartey bombs looked hurttful!) and came through them to get the job done.

Granted the calibre of the opposition that was landing was low. But we also saw a more careful and well executed plan when he went in with a more dangerous man in Gorman.

I haven't been all that impressed by Joyce despite the decent soundiing resume in such few fights. A bit slow and plodding, and I just think the speed and power of Dubois will come through for him.

7. underwraps

underwraps Active Member Full Member

Oct 31, 2017
    I'm going with a DD win by late TKO. Joe is to slow, and is easy to hit. I can see him getting stopped on his feet late.

8. Curtis Lowe

Curtis Lowe Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Look for Dubois to land jabs and some big shots, with Joyce looking pathedicly slow. Dubois will look like a million bucks, then Joyce will land a few big punches and it will be all over. Joyce by KO

9. KingKanelo

KingKanelo Member banned Full Member

Dec 29, 2019
    DDD is better for HW than Joyce who is slow, boring and uninspiring. I can see DDD using that jab to very good effect and Joyce is easy to hit.

10. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    If Lartey landed, so can Joyce and I think Joyce hits harder than anyone Dubois has faced.

TonnnnUK likes this.
  11. TonnnnUK

TonnnnUK New Member Full Member

Jan 10, 2020
    Would hope and expect he is more cuatious with Joyce though. Not going in for a firefight.
    It's an intruguing fight.

12. Rhyme Chemist

Rhyme Chemist New Member banned Full Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Joyce is gonna beat the **** out of this hypejob.

Dubois has been getting bashed up and all over the canvas in sparring for years

13. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Tricky fight to predict, simply because we don't know how good Dubois really is. He's looked great crushing cans, but that doesn't tell us anything, will he be another Joshua or Whyte or a Price or Bakole? I guess we'll find out when he steps in the ring with Joyce.

Right now I have to go with my head a pick the more experience and proven Joyce. I think as long as he doesn't walk into something big early he will impose his kind of fight on Dubois. He's bigger and will push the smaller Dubois back in close and can Dubois fight off the back foot at all or does he only work in one direction? If Dubois cant dictate the fight and force Joyce to be more cautious how does he cope with the insane pace Joyce sets?

While Dubois has a ramrod jab I think Joyce's jab has more variety and is underrated. Dubois' jab is good vs a pretty stationary target but against a moving target like Joyce I think he's going to land it less frequently. And yes Joyce's movement I also think is underrated, he's surprisingly agile for a big unit, his hands maybe slow but his feet are pretty nimble and his balance is superb.

Reinhardt and Rhyme Chemist like this.
  14. Rhyme Chemist

Rhyme Chemist New Member banned Full Member

Feb 21, 2020
    @Brighton bomber good post. What a lot of people don't realise is Joyce is the safe bet in this fight! He's the one who's proven and experienced.

Brighton bomber likes this.
  15. Cletis VanDamme

Cletis VanDamme Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Joyce has quick feet although he punches in slow motion and he definitely has heavier hands than Dubois.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020