Dubois vs Joyce?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TBC-ASAP, Jul 22, 2019.

1. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Kabayel will completely school Joyce.

2. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Sounds like a plan.

For once I don't think anyone would object, or at least not many. DDD is looking better with each fight but it's not that long since Johnson showed he still has a lot to learn.

If Frank can match him against some guys with differing styles and he earns the belt outright in the process then that sounds like a good use of the next 12-18 months of his career.

channy and Twentyman like this.
  3. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Possibly, Kabayel lacks power though so wouldn’t rule Joyce out completely.

4. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Did Kabayel not have a competitive fight with an out of shape Chisora?

Aydamn likes this.
  5. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Kabayel schooled Chisora and Chisora weighed less for that fight than when he fought on the weekend. I think Chisora went in thinking it would be an easy night as Kabayel was a bit of an unknown quantity at the time but Kabayel's movement troubled Chisora who kind of gave up when the going got tough in that fight. Scorecards were kind to Chisora as well.

Scissors likes this.
  6. ryanm8655

Oct 23, 2008
    Fair enough. I remember watching it back and Chisora looked dog**** but it was a while ago. Got the impression he hadn’t taken it seriously.

He’s packed on some muscle working with David Haye.

Inglis_1 likes this.
  7. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    He was terrible. If I remember right Don Charles wasn’t in his corner was he? His attitude looked poor Thad night. You don’t know which Chisora’s going to turn up but he does look galvanised lately.

Inglis_1 likes this.
  8. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Be surprised if this is made right now. Dubois has just took the British title and Joyce is breaking onto the world scene.

Dubois looks a beast, real exciting prospect but I'm not sure it's wise matching him with Joyce right now.

As much as Joyce isn't easy on the eye and looks like he's stuck in mud at times.... he's not 21 years old, he's a huge strong powerful heavyweight hitting his peak that's boxed at the highest level as an amateur, has already amassed a tidy resume of wins inside 10 pro fights and whom can take a shot as well as break people down.

9. notjustacasual

notjustacasual Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jun 3, 2019
    Dubois knocks him out

Joyce was knocked unconscious in the amateurs and he wasn't young at the time. Someone will Crack him in the pros and I'd back Dubois to do it

10. ryanm8655

Oct 23, 2008
    When?

11. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    I wonder if Joyce would fancy it with Chisora now, 12 months or so on?

Scissors likes this.
  12. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Thought this myself. I thought at the time it was such a bad fight for Del Boy and he was right to avoid. But right now I’d make War Chisora favourite!

EJC83 likes this.
  13. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Gaining traction after the weekend. S-Jam really pushing for it. Frank also said it would be a PPV.

This content is protected

14. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Its a smart move from frank. Joyce is a knockout waiting to happen. He,s one of them guys that wont fair well against a particular style...unfortunately for him dubois has that style.

Still be surprised if warren risks dubois tho. I think frank will know its too high risk low reward for joyce. Would love joyce to take it tho.

15. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Joyce is fighting hook for the euro strap, doubt he’ll fight Dubois for the British unless warren puts his hands in his pockets which is doubtful