Dubois vs Miller

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by MrPook, Nov 20, 2023.

1. JDub

JDub Active Member Full Member

Dec 8, 2018
    Haha. You would think so hey, but this is boxing, the odds on him being juiced to the gills again won't be great.

lordlosh likes this.
  2. JDub

JDub Active Member Full Member

Dec 8, 2018
    Miller is a pretty big target, if Dubois catches him in the first few rounds he's done. Buuuut if he doesn't i'd say that fight quickly becomes a pick'em fight.

3. CroBox29

CroBox29 Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Prepared Dubois is levels above Miller, we have to favor Dubois despite his last two strange fights, Miller is easy to hit and Dubois has the power to threaten him, I would say that Dubois will stop him...

lordlosh likes this.
  4. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    No doubt in my mind that Miller makes Dubois quit for a 3rd time in his career. I cannot see someone as fragile as Dubois is mentally standing up to 80-90 punches per round from a big man like Miller who will just keep coming and eat his best shots.

In fact could be over by mid rounds depending on how much Dubois wants it. He could kick it in earlier than the 6th or 7th round.

5. destruction

Mar 26, 2009
    Ever heard the term will over skill? Dubois quit against Joyce and Usyk. Tried to quit after 1 round against Lerena but was talked out of it.

I think we have a new Davey boy Price on our hands here so I do.

Fish eyes would not be feeding Dubois to Miller unless he was cashing him out, this is definitely not the type of opponent you pick for someone if you think they stand a chance of being a world champion one day.

Wizbit1013 and MrPook like this.
  6. Limerickbox

Limerickbox Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 18, 2015
    "Feeding him to Miller"

Dubois is the A side in the fight.

Hes coming off a controversial loss to the unified world champion.

Miller is coming off a dog fight with the corpse of Lucas Browne

Breazer5678 likes this.
  7. destruction

Mar 26, 2009
    Lets see how the bookies price the fight up and what the odds do closer to fight week. I guarantee money moves towards Miller close to fight night. Dubois was also the favourite against Joyce and we know how that turned out.

Dubois may on paper be the A side, however you can guarantee that fish eyes has options on Miller and will recognise the potential.

Miller engages in a dog fight with every opponent, nothing new there. Never seen him quit though.

8. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    If Dubois loses he's finished. Basically just the new Chisora/Whyte.

Miller needs to be retired.

9. BubblesUK

BubblesUK Doesn't buy hypejobs Full Member

May 6, 2021
    I don't really think there is an A side here... They're about as well known as each other, neither has achieved very much at all.

And that "controversial" loss is very much a manufactured controversy - it was an embarrassing display of deliberate fouling via repeated lowblows... Even Dubois didn't protest much at the time, he knew exactly what he was doing and was prepared to have those ruled illegal.

The real intrigue with this fight is how either of them is as known as they are, given how little either has achieved - it's debatable whether either of them has even beaten a respectable gatekeeper yet.

Perkin Warbeck likes this.
  10. BubblesUK

May 6, 2021
    Wow wow wow... That's not fair on Delboy or Whyte - they might've been average at best but neither was a quitter and both achieved far more than Dubois has or probably ever will.

11. Joy_Rones

Joy_Rones Member Full Member

Oct 12, 2022
    Hopefully Dubois wins. He reminds me of Bubba from Forest Gump and I like him. Plus Miller is a total punk and a cheater and seeing him KTFO will be satisfying.

50/50, have a gut feeling Dubois will quit though.

Breazer5678, Wizbit1013 and BubblesUK like this.
  12. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I actually think this might be a real fun fight

13. BubblesUK

May 6, 2021
    What's this higher level you speak of?

Being so capable of fighting Usyk that he came in intending to knock him out with highly honourable low blows?
    Being so lightning fast and high ring IQ that even the most slow motion plod and jab version of Joyce couldn't break him with accumulation?

Sarcasm aside... If who you've been in with and lost to counted for much of anything, I'd presume you rate Chisora to easily brush Wilder aside?

Miller's a no-mark who's done very little of note, but Dubois is little more than a hyped prospect who failed his first two significant tests with flying colours... I don't think this is mismatch territory at all, myself.

14. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    You have to give Dubois credit for fighting someone as big and dangerous as Big Baby for his first fight back after a stoppage defeat.

Big Baby is 26-0 with 22 KOs and he weighs like 100lbs more than Dubois who just got dropped x 2 and stopped by a much smaller blown up CW. It's a really risky fight for Dubois and one he can very easily lose via stoppage.

If a much smaller Usyk can drop you with a power jab a 320-340lb walking PED factory man mountain like Big Baby can likely do a lot worse.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  15. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Personally I think this is a bad fight for Daniel Son
    I've never really seen Miller hurt and Daniel needs to get his respect very early for the onslaught from fat boy to cease

Serge likes this.