Eddie Big Announcement

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TBC-ASAP, May 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    HBO are probably paying less because other then Canelo most of the stars are on Showtime so it's market forces.

Let's see what AJ does when his Showtime deal is up - if he makes the decision to sign up with this DAZN service instead of HBO or SHO then I will reboot this thread myself and hold up my hands

2. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Never said it was, but he's increased atte dances throughout country. Look at Crolla, how he promoted him to be a big ticket seller compared to how Flanagan has been promoted in same weight class in same city.

S.K and Scissors like this.
  3. BluenoseBxingFan

BluenoseBxingFan Member Full Member

Mar 25, 2018
    It helps that he has Sky behind him though.

Will he be as popular in the US without the Sky Sports News helping to promote his fights 24/7? Time will tell.

The last few Matchroom USA cards have been met with a shrug of the shoulders by the majority of American fans thus far.

4. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Because they’ve been led by Danny Jacobs. A very, very good boxer but not very entertaining.

5. phil rowe

phil rowe Member Full Member

Apr 13, 2018
    no if it was an american boxnation it would be showing uk fights in america,

6. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    So who will it be led by?

7. Popnvg

Popnvg Member banned Full Member

Jan 6, 2018
    That's more to do with UK Fans.They have that loyal following as Boxing Fans are intertwined with the Football Fans.America would never support someone like that as it would be deemed mediocrity and he would be classed as a "Paulie Malignaggi sort of sportsman".That is the difference British Fans accepts Medicority in all walks of sports as they are a very small country.US/Russia for Example would not tolerate that as they are such large countires bursting with talent...and you have to be someone like Mayweather/Ali/Sugar Ray Leonard/Tyson to be respected and supported over their

moog likes this.
  8. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    I know what your saying and much of its correct but the boxing crowds were much worse in UK prior to Hearn getting exclusive Sky deal.

Scissors likes this.
  9. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    After watching his IFL interview if I was a US fighter I’d be bending over backwards to sign with him. I know he could sell Ice to eskimos that man but the numbers just sound unreal. Also DAZN as a platform seems good to me. Especially in the US where they pay $90 a PPV anyway, it’s a no brainer getting a yearly subscription.

moog and S.K like this.
  10. KermitTheFrog

KermitTheFrog The people doing the banning are idiots Full Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Ap
    Apart from the fact that they show many different sporting events. And the fact that already without announcing any new signings they already have a better roster of fighters than Boxnation ever did. Oh and did I mention it shows loads of other sports?

Scissors, moog and S.K like this.
  11. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    I think they’re going to sign AJ to front it and give him extra money on top of the deal. Eddie was being a bit coy on his IFL video.

12. Popnvg

Jan 6, 2018
    No mate-the Man who changed British Boxing and got it back in the Mainstream Media was Anthony Joshua.He gets too much stick on here- if he didnt exist you think Sky would hang around pumping money in ? Thank Him-Ever since the 2012 Olympics he's been the Catalyst.Granted Froch-Groves played a part and Hearn made a terrific descion in putting the 2nd Rematch at Wembley-when it was a risk at the time. But Joshua is the Key.

13. Popnvg

Jan 6, 2018
    No, then how will Joshua Wilder get made ? Wilder is Aligned with Showtime and have invested money into Joshua - Hearn would make jeopardise his relationship with Showtime if he does that, which wouldn't be a wise move

14. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    He says in the interview he’s willing to listen to showtime as a gesture of good will after their AJ investment but DAZN are a serious player and a likely bidder and they’re the only company he’s exclusive too.

15. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    The catalyst was the way Hearn build it up pre Froch v Groves to the degree that you could get 80000 for the right fights. I agree Joshua is massive for British boxing. Remember Hearn got the biggest rights deal in boxing history without Joshua in the package. I am sure he will do big things in the States and in time boost boxing crowds but agree it would not be to the levels that we see in the UK, as there is a different mindset from fans.

Scissors likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.