Eddie Earn on Talksport with his fight review

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Jurgen, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Hearn is really annoyed about this defeat. Despite being sportsmanlike about it - there’s a video of him shouting at someone in the crowd.

I wonder whether he knows something we don’t about the governing bodies calling for the undisputed fight before he gets his rematch..

Sonny1 and Jurgen like this.
  2. Max Thunder

Max Thunder Proud member of the Cult of Vikings Full Member

Apr 25, 2017
    How long will it be until Edward starts saying Joshua was robbed? I'll give it 2-3 weeks.

3. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    Read the post….I’m quoting what Eddie thought of AJ not what I think of AJ and also I love Usyk he’s a fantastic fighter.

Tyson wasn’t far off cruiserweight anyway and about a foot smaller than most HW in this era so not the best comparison to throw back to me about size in the HW division.

On his day I think Fury will show you what I’m trying to explain….

4. alpo1

alpo1 #TeamShanny Full Member

Dec 10, 2005
    The spin about wrong tactics is so silly. It was levels more than anything. Usyk is just special.

Usyk was shaking AJ up from early on in the fight. Imagine AJ coming in at 250 trying to bully Usyk around and getting gassed after 6 rounds. He'd have been getting the round 12 treatment mid fight. Wrong tactics would be the case if AJ wasn't applying himself and going safety first for no reason, but he wasn't just out boxed, he was rocked on multiple times whereas usyk took his power well.

AJ's a big guy but he's got a lighter form of dave price syndrome.

I'm really put off dullian shyte after his comments pre-fight and post. Usyk would probably knock him out as his chin is shaky.

djfonti and Jurgen like this.
  5. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Yeah Whyte is fast becoming the new Bellew

aaaaa and Jurgen like this.
  6. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Yet Briedis pushed him to the brink and forced a MD. That was a razor tight fight that really warranted a rematch.

I made this point in the other thread, AJ did worse than Briedis despite having enormous physical advantages over Usyk. A true HW legend would have at least had way more moments in the fight then Joshua did.

Safin and Jurgen like this.
  7. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    They say a good big one beats a good little one - last night we found a decent big one is no match for an exceptional little one.

kevinreid001 likes this.
  8. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    He was saying the day after Whyte Povetkin 1 that Whyte was getting up on 8 so it may be less than that.

rezzer and Jurgen like this.
  9. Glenn McKrory

Glenn McKrory M&S luxury pudding Full Member

Jul 26, 2018
    My thoughts exactly mate. Joshua's career has been micro managed to the nth degree, with cherry picked opponents along the way, and Hearn spinning the yarn that he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. The wheels have fallen off a few times now, first with Ruiz, then last night. Both defeats aren't part of the narrative and that's got to hurt for Joshua.

I know others have mentioned it, but the way Joshua talks is really bizarre, like he's got some motivational speaker telling him what to say in his ear, with zero personality coming through. You see glimpses of the mask slipping, like when he stormed out of the ring last night, or the press conference against Jarrell Miller. I'd like to see more of that. Like I say, he's micromanaged to the detriment of his boxing. Yes, he may have a bank balance none of us here could even dream of, but he'll always be seen as a hype job by many.

Hearn and those other hangers on in his entourage are just there to milk the lad for all he's worth. All the Rocky nonsense doesn't seem like his idea, it seems like he's got no identity outside the ring, which reflects inside the ring.

I like the lad, it's the snakes like Eddie Hearn who are the problem.

Inglis_1, bbjc, Jurgen and 1 other person like this.
  10. djfonti

djfonti Active Member Full Member

Jun 25, 2005
    Well he's always said undisputed is the most important fight and nothing should derail that so not sure he should even be pursuing a rematch.

11. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    He also did worse than Chisora.

Jurgen and channy like this.
  12. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Yeah i was expecting the robbery also, i did think Usyk would stop AJ in 9, i am convinced more than ever now that should the rematch take place, it will be a humiliating beat down Josh will get next time.

Erik likes this.
  13. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Howard Foster tried his very best with his scorecard and even he couldn't stretch it that far.

Glenn McKrory, Jurgen and channy like this.