Eddie Hall V Hafthor 'The Mountain' Bjornsson

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Boxing First, May 3, 2020.

1. Boxing First

Boxing First youtube.com/channel/UCM4RAP57DFWBjQQn2E-MDVw Full Member

Jan 9, 2020
    Call out season is getting ridiculous!

This content is protected

EJC83 likes this.
  2. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Well i have seen sparring footage of Eddie Hall in with Scott Lawson and Hughie Fury. I would be confident most people in this forum under 50 would beat him at boxing. He is shockingly bad.

3. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    I'm relatively sure I've seen Eddie Hall in some video sparring before. Perhaps unsurprisingly he became very tired, very quickly.

By all accounts Bjornsson was around 460 pounds for that deadlift yesterday. Fair play to them as the commitment to it must be absolutely immense but I think Hall had the right attitude. Get in, win it, get out, because too much of that stuff will kill you.

4. Boxing First

Boxing First youtube.com/channel/UCM4RAP57DFWBjQQn2E-MDVw Full Member

Jan 9, 2020
    Yeah I heard him in an interview saying your heart cant maintain that sort of size and effort for long so he isn't staying in the game till it kills him. Fair play

Thor Odinson likes this.
  5. DavidBarnes

DavidBarnes Member banned Full Member

Dec 8, 2019
    Matchroom would probably do it

6. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    I bet they would ! I would like to see Savannah Marshall fight the winner and punch them round the ring. Honestly Eddie Hall is too stiff to hit anything.

DavidBarnes likes this.
  7. FuryFTW

FuryFTW Active Member banned Full Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Bjornson is just a far greater athlete than Hall, Hall was carrying a crazy amount if weight, eating so much food and putting crazy strain on his body to do that 500kg lift and he almost died from it and was laying on the floor bleeding out if his ears. Bjornson did 501 and made it look easy and was posing for photos and kissing his wife after.

Hall had to do crazy **** to keep up with Bjornson who is just naturally way more gifted, I think bjornson knocks him out as well, he's broken halls record and wants to erase hall now

8. FuryFTW

Apr 21, 2020
    Well tbhlf if Queensbury did it there would only be 50 tickets sold

KermitTheFrog likes this.
  9. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    I dont think they would
    If they are gonna make a mockery of the sport, there has to be a big profit at the end
    Hence the KSI nonsense

Even Warren wouldnt touch this

10. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Hall is a gifted athlete but he had to work far harder to achieve in strongman as he was competing with giants of men. I kinda admire that more.

Accurate and Somali Sanil like this.
  11. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    It's insane how big some of them are. Eddie Hall is a bloke who is six foot three and weighs about 27 stone. He's by any measure a giant. Then you get people like Thor and Shaw and they make him look like a dwarf.

Somali Sanil and ryanm8655 like this.
  12. KermitTheFrog

KermitTheFrog The people doing the banning are idiots Full Member

Sep 5, 2012
    I actually lost all respect for him when he quit international competition the minute he won WSM. At least defend your title once.

Thor Odinson likes this.
  13. Little brian

Little brian Active Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2019
    Ha behave mate ffs. It's up to him if he wants to carry on.

14. Skyver

Skyver Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 29, 2015
    Eddie is wasted lifting weights, I would much rather see him trying to eat America which is a tall order.

15. FuryFTW

Apr 21, 2020
    I reckon Hall put 100% into winning that lone WSM and knows he still got a bit lucky to beat Bjornson, hall didn't have nothing left physically after that while bjornson had plenty in the tank.

Hall did real well though but that Bjornson is just a once in two lifetimes type of athlete, hall did well to take one off him