Eddie Hearn’s Onscreen Talent Announcements

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by rezzer, Jun 24, 2021.

1. moog

moog Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    He sells well, its the casuals who turn a big fight in to a mega earning fight. Bellew earned in region of £20m in purses, so knows how to sell.

2. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    You could not blame him if he was in fairness. She is a clever pick, she adds to the brand of the DAZN and will bring big marketing appeal. Hearn goes on about making boxing sexy, well Maya Jama and Laura Woods help with that.

Mitch87, Jurgen and Erik like this.
  3. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Rylan Clarke-Neal thought it was a cinch to get a role in Eh Day's new inclusive production crew given his irritating gob is everywhere else on TV and Radio.

Must have really impacted his ego knowing that he lost out to Tony Bellew.

Gatekeeper, Furious and BXNG101 like this.
  4. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    Hearn is going to need a replacement/cover for everything he does. Seems Bellew is being lined up to be the voice that does that with Frank Smith actually running it when Eddie focuses on other parts of matchroom

5. Trafford

Trafford Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Maya Jama is a very smart pick. Not my cup of tea but has more Instagram followers that 99% of boxers and will help to get eyes on the digital side of the content.
    Her audience is the type that knows how to watch boxing on an app

zulander, Furious, moog and 1 other person like this.
  6. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    I agree very smart move. All the boxers will be trying it in with her too. I thought she was only not Tommy Robinsons cup of tea.

7. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    Maya Jama is my cup of tea

This content is protected

Unforgiven and Scissors like this.
  8. oiky

oiky Gypsy Boy Full Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Maya jama is a proper sort

Terms of boxing though the best picks are costello and lee

moog likes this.
  9. ButeTheBeast

ButeTheBeast Well-Known Member Full Member

May 27, 2012
    Do you really think those sort of people will tune in just to watch her?

Tommy Fury is a bigger celebrity than Maya Jama and he doesn't draw huge numbers on BT Sport. He's also an actual boxer!

I think Hearn has messed up, there's a lack of boxing analysis on this list. I can see the content becoming very dry quickly, it will be the usual generic questions.

Why don't proper journalists get a gig? Rob Tebbutt would do a much better job than Laura Woods and Maya Jama.

rezzer likes this.
  10. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Agree. It's like when people said KSI Logan Paul would be good for boxing. 'New audience' and all that.

11. Trafford

Trafford Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Costelloe, Lee and Chris Lloyd will be providing the solid commentary all of which are better than Tebbutt who has never done commentary in his life. The likes of Jama are there purely to host and present again which Tebbutt has never done particularly in a massive studio production setting. Where you need to understand ques and timing.

the analysts will be brought in per show. This is only the broadcast team

moog and Smudge_ like this.
  12. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Barker - Good analyst, he worked for everything he did in boxing and was always value for money. As a pundit I’ve always found him articulate and level headed.
    Lloyd - Clearly loves boxing and works really well with Darren Barker, he will put his everything into this. It will just be a matter of whether he connects with a more casual audience or not.
    Woods - Decent presenter, asks valid questions that often provokes a good and thoughtful response from whoever she’s interviewing.
    Jama - Generally a very good presenter for usual TV shows, though not sure how she will work with boxing. It’ll be interesting and wont judge till she’s in action!
    Bellew - Not a fan of Bellew, his analysis is generally very biased towards the home fighter and his technical knowledge seems to be lacking he can never really break down a fight. But Hearn loves him so he’s on.
    Costello - Brilliant on the radio and very knowledgeable. This will be more pressure than what he is used to but if he approaches it well he should do great.
    Lee - I like Andy Lee and generally he is a very good pundit and certainly technicallly knows the game really well. There have been a couple occasions where I fought he is way off the mark - he scored Selby / Kambosos clearly for Selby for one instance, but generally I like him and he’s a safe appointment.

moog likes this.
  13. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Also I know I'm being miserable but why are Hearn/DAZN/Matchroom constantly referring to them as a 'talent line up' it's not X factor ffs, just call them pundits/presenters/commentators.

Glenn McKrory and I Shot JR like this.
  14. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    I suspect Andy Lee will be used on co-comms when Katie Taylor fights as well. They may bring someone like Bernard Dunne in to be a pundit when Taylor fights also.

15. Koli55

Koli55 New Member Full Member

Mar 19, 2021
    Hearn revealing on IFLTV that at least Froch, Haye and Frampton would be included in the commentary team, at least occasionally.

moog likes this.