Eddie Hearn best promoter on the planet

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Gennady, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Gennady

Gennady Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 10, 2017
    This content is protected

This guy is smart as hell

SnatchBox likes this.
  2. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Ok Barry, how is the snooker going!!

3. SnatchBox

SnatchBox Boxing Full Member

Nov 26, 2016
    I'll believe it when there's a date and tickets go on sale.

Chances are Joshua-Wilder in 2019.

Hearn will look out for AJ, Parker&Wilder in the same year??? That's brutal!

4. KingFury64

KingFury64 Active Member banned Full Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Fast Eddie is the man no question.

Scissors likes this.
  5. Willie Maeket

Willie Maeket Make the Cold War great again. Full Member

Jun 22, 2015
    Eddie Hearn has 1 marketable fighter in his entire career. Hardly a testament of "the best promoter on the planet".
    Arum is still alive and is very active on the scene. At least wait until the old timer is covered in dirt before you forget he had a fighter in the most lucrative fight of all time.

6. bluebird

bluebird Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 17, 2009
    He done awesome with Froch too

7. PH|LLA

PH|LLA VIP Member Full Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Kell Brook and Carl Froch made millions fighting for Hearn so I would consider them marketable as well.

Badbot likes this.
  8. gmurphy

gmurphy Land of the corrupt, home of the robbery! banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2013
    I like how he signed the Kazakh gold medalist.
    That's smart, arum for the last while has snapped up all the best Olympic talent, whether its marketable or not.

In boxing if you control the best talent you can manipulate divisions.
    You can keep your cash cow area from the danger men while your own killers clear out any threats. You can pressure other promoters by getting your fighters mandatory slots.
    I mean if after london 2012 one promoter said he would sign bivol,gvodsyk,beterbiev ,Browne,hooper and mekhontsev, sure a few would fail but they would now have the entire division on lock down

9. minemax

minemax Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2017

Vykus likes this.
  10. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    David Haye is about to take over the promotional game.

11. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Anthony Joshua would love to face Dillian Whyte for a second time after his fight with Joseph Parker, says promoter Eddie Hearn.

Joshua faces WBO champ Parker in Cardiff on March 31 and, should he emerge victorious, a bout with WBC strap-holder Deontay Wilder has been widely mooted as the Brit looks to unify the division.

But Hearn has suggested Whyte - who meets Lucas Browne this weekend - will fight Joshua again, and should be considered as a potential next opponent for Wilder.

Hearn told Sky Sports.

"I think if you asked him and said 'Tell me one fight in the division you want?' He could say Dillian Whyte, because he loved it, and he feels as though he wasn't his best, because he lost his rag a little bit.

"Everybody wants to see AJ versus Wilder, it's difficult,

, because he seems to really want to do that. Of course Lucas Browne is a former world champion who is undefeated, so if he beats Dillian, all of a sudden he's a major player."

Oh dear oh dear :facepalm:...Hearn and Joshua want absolutely no part of Wilder whatsoever. :meparto:

@BlizzyBlizz

PaddyGarcia likes this.
  12. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    I think it's more that Hearn also represents Whyte who if he beats Browne will be Wilder's next mandatory. Hearn is obviously going to say that Whyte can beat Wilder, which means that AJs WBC unification fight could be against Whyte rather than Wilder.

gmurphy likes this.
  13. Gil Gonzalez

Gil Gonzalez Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Absurd. Arum has chunks of guys like Eddie in his stool.

14. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Look, Eddie has Chamberlain and Okolie fighting in attendances not too dissimilar to Wilder! Anyone who can sell that steaming pile of shite is one hell of a promoter!

Draperys and Vykus like this.
  15. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    He's great in the sense he seems to be flog absolute dross to idiots but a LOT of his match making is awful and he just lies so, so much. He's so desperate to make AJ-Whyte II as well which is absolutely pointless.That said, he's had a pretty good year fight wise thus far.

Crolla is fighting some scrub on the AJ card and there are people replying to him on Twitter saying things like "oh you're spoiling us now!". It's remarkable.

Howitzer1888 likes this.