Eddie Hearn: " It's all on me"

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Murderers' Row, Apr 8, 2021.

1. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Seems so odd that Arum wouldnt have any input or some people in the case. Surley they have agreed to just let Hearn get om with? If not its baffling

2. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    I think that one sparring video - against Ty Mitchell (who's just his mate) isn't that representative really. He's actually in camp with Parker so it's probably a bit of a hybrid in approach - lots of the sparring partners (Kamil Sokolowski and Aleksander Mraovic) look more like Parker's prep for Chisora. Smaller 'come forward' brawler types.

Trafford likes this.
  3. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 31, 2010
    “Eddie Hearns says...”

4. Furious

Nov 2, 2017
    Exactly. I know it's a bit of a meme on here, but it's true. Hearn is just really good at setting the narrative. If the fight falls through - it'll be a collective responsibility. Both fighters obviously want to make the fight, if it falls through it'll be down to greed from fighters and promoters.

5. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Think Hearn has the contacts. My guess is it is Hearn and MTK organising the deals. Just cant mention the name MTK anywhere and they cant be seen to be involved for obvious reasons. Think Top Rank are just happy with US tv rights and taking their cut.

nurological likes this.
  6. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Have a funny feeling they are getting the Kabayel fight on in July hence why they have mentioned moving the fight to later in the year. That way they find the cash. No PPV's competition in June/July so far and may have some kind of crowd back.

7. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Did Hearn illegally import you or are you a UK-bred parrot ?

ButeTheBeast, roddy and Wig like this.
  8. Furious

Nov 2, 2017
    I am genuinely surprised that seemingly media savvy people (who understand how social media can help spread news) believe everything Hearn says as gospel. It's absolutely obvious whatever he says will be to help his commercial agenda.

Glenn McKrory and roddy like this.
  9. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    I’m not a Hearn fan but I do think he has a point. I’ve zero interest in either of them fighting anyone else and I do think if the fight is not made it’s not because of AJs side. I’m not saying Fury is scared or anything, far from it, but it’s clear he wants an interim fight.

10. wallworkjake123

wallworkjake123 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Bob Arum can’t deliver Spence for Crawford. When Arum has to work with other promoters he struggles to get it done

Oreet Cha! and Brixton Bomber like this.
  11. wallworkjake123

wallworkjake123 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Hearn isn’t exactly the most trustworthy person on the planet, like you said he has his own agenda. But he’s clearly the most honest promoter out of Himself, Arum and Warren.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  12. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    I don't wonder why in reality. Best boxer he in life had in the ring was Mean Machine and Spence most likely doesn't looks enough old or shot to step in the ring with him.

Loma vs Lopez was bigger fight than Crawford can deliver ( unless U.S fans who are thinking that U.S is all the world ).

13. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Rematch clause in fight he had called eliminator fight? Cool.

14. roddy

roddy New Member banned Full Member

Mar 1, 2021
    He’s the best self-promoter.

His shows are still sh!te and he doesn’t exactly have a great stable. How many of the top 15 P4P does he promote? 1 or 2.

15. Boxing Gloves

Boxing Gloves Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    He looks after his fighters, why should that be considered a bad trait?