Eddie Hearn: " It's all on me"

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Murderers' Row, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    That British Boxing will be a far duller, more boring place when Eddie hangs up his promoters license.

You can like or loathe him as you wish, the man is a natural performer. He doesn't approach interviews as a burden that have to be grudgingly endured, he invests each one as a performance. He's always prepared, very polished at delivering the key messages he wants transmitted and he does it all with a sense of fun and mischief which has helped push his message way beyond the core fans who would tune in for anything boxing related.

2. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Agreed. He’s obviously got his flaws but he’s great with the media and I personally enjoy his interviews and find him entertaining. The key thing is that he doesn’t take himself too seriously.

3. Holler

Mar 12, 2018
    I didn't intend to watch that last IFL vid but he kept me interested a lot longer than I'd planned for. That's after watching plenty of them in the past. He understands content marketing in a way that none of his peers have grasped.

As for the 'all on me' quote. This rampant ego mania is a part of his brand. I think a lot is tongue in cheek and designed to get up some peoples noses because he understands that there's money to be made in boxing as either the hero or the heel. The key is to get a reaction.

That's why it's funny watching him trigger people so easily. Job done.

4. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Agree. Ive stopped watching his interviews because its all very WWE and character based. He doesnt trigger me i just get wound up by people who take what he says as gospel, he is a boxing promoter. I hate that boxing fans and journalist have turned this into almost a reality TV show where the actual sport is more of a sideshow now. Was it always like this or maybe its the rise of social media?

Inglis_1 and Holler like this.
  5. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Exactly. People need to realise he’s not going to be diplomatic and will always back his guys - as you’d expect. As you say - he’s just great with the media and knows how to spin a narrative.

Holler likes this.
  6. Holler

Mar 12, 2018
    Humans form tribes.

It's what we do.

7. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Lol @ Eddie Hearn making out that Khan v Benn is some superfight whereas Khan v Brook isn't.

It is past its sell by date, don't get me wrong but he's only bigging up Khan v Benn now as a good fight as he'll earn more from it with little hassle whereas with Brook, he's had a public falling out with him and his dad and probably doesn't want to give them a payday anymore.

8. Saintpat

Saintpat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 26, 2009
    It’s a step up from “Eddie Hearn says Anthony Joshua says ...” that we had for three years, with AJ never speaking for himself and Eddie telling us what he supposedly thinks or says.

But yes Eddie saying something doesn’t make it fact or true. You can tell he’s lying when his lips are moving.

9. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Khan v Benn is a bigger fight than Khan v Brook because Eddie didn't manage to extract one dollar from Crawford v Brook:pancarta: