Eddie Hearn: ''Joshua Relieved To Lose to Ruiz Jr. Pressure Was Too Much''

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Sephiroth Rising 7, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Rock0052

Rock0052 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2006
    His level of competition, for only having 23 fights, is actually quite good for a heavyweight. Most heavyweights aren't fast tracked.

Wlad, Povetkin, Whyte, Martin, and Parker is a fine top 5 wins list.

stormy likes this.
  2. gdm

gdm Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 20, 2011
    He’s not golden boy , he’s a british fraud . He never won gold medal.

Sephiroth Rising 7 likes this.
  3. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Pfahahaha as opposed to previous threads you've authored?? Man you're one unique individual.

S.K and Ironmanmt like this.
  4. The Townsend

The Townsend Zeus. Full Member

Mar 21, 2019
    Well... He Is as he has 100mil In the bank and his face is boxing currently.

5. gdm

Mar 20, 2011
    He is not the face of boxing and was not the face of boxing even before he got his glass jaw shattered by a fat man. You can’t be a face of boxing when you are literally unknown in usa. He maybe a face british boxing , but that’s a minor league boxing compared to US.

6. thesmokingm

thesmokingm Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Dude, he was the face of heavyweight boxing. He is/was the highest earner in boxing iirc. Clearly there are those who discount or deny that but it doesn't change that he was the biggest name. The guy has 13 major sponsors like Under Armour, Jaguar, StubHub, Lynx, etc etc. And regarding the USA, he's probably more well known that Wilder... lol that actually isn't hard.

Still imo that is not much pressure. Look at the truly super superstars like Jordan who maintained the same level for pressure for decades. Or like I posted before in this thread, Pacman who has the weight of a nation on his gloves. He's got a whole effin nation relying on him from his earliest days to his greatest losses.

The Townsend likes this.
  7. gdm

Mar 20, 2011
    Canelo was boxing’s highest earner. Canelo vs GGG made 1.3 mil ppv buys . $85 per ppv. AJ can fight wilder, Fury or jesus christ and still will not make anything close to it.
    AJ is not a global superstar , he’s a british star and don’t even compare him to jordan, they are not and will never be in the same league.

8. Special one

Special one Active Member Full Member

Mar 20, 2019
    Another typical case of American isolation syndrome!! AJ v Wilder or Fury will do massive numbers on PPV in US and UK. Canelo v GGG was only PPV in the states! I'd expect any fight between the big 3 to do over a million us PPV buys and if it's AJ then minimum 2 million plus UK PPV buys!!

9. gdm

Mar 20, 2011
    Hahhaha AJ vs jesus christ will not do 1mil ppv’s in US. Nobody knows him in US. MSG were full of brits there were very few locals .

10. chacal

chacal F*** the new normal Full Member

Jun 21, 2015
    Well, it was becoming more and more obvious, and this confirms the worst scenario. AJ is mentally weak. Mentally weak people are not called to be great.

Pimp C likes this.
  11. Saintpat

Saintpat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Every time AJ speaks he sounds more and more like a beta snowflake.

That’s why every day there’s a new story out there with the headline: “Eddie Hearn says AJ ...”

12. Can I box

Can I box Member Full Member

Jun 20, 2019
    On one hand Eddie says Joshua is relived as pressure was too much then goes on to say the rematch is an absolute must win. The reality is AJ is under much more pressure now as another defeat in the rematch would be a massive dent on the AJ brand. Would have to rebuild himself after that.

13. bailey

bailey VIP Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2009
    I have said for a long time how I felt he was under mental pressure.
    You can see from my post history and how I did a post saying about Wilder could possibly be better managed for taking the long road.
    In the UK, HWs tend to be rushed along and put under pressure
    Just look at the likes of who Fury, Chisora, Whyte, Joshua all fought at such early stages and how taking the long road like Wilder did, there is less stress and pressure and far more learning and building into experience fights
    Consider Joshua as the world champ has had less fights than all of his challengers
    I dont think Joshua would have lost to Ruiz at home the time he fought any of his other challengers and could possibly be why Wilder was not interested in fighting some of the fights in the UK for a long time?

Look at how Jennings was moved on early. He may possibly have benefited with a longer track.
    Consider how some rate Ortiz for taking a longer road

14. expljose

expljose Active Member Full Member

Nov 6, 2013
    add that one to the list that's a new one!

he quit
    ref stopped it early
    ruiz fat you know what wont do that again
    AJ did it so he could show how humble he was a destroy ruiz "more name calling" in the rematch
    now we can add
    he lost so he wouldn't be under so much pressure anymore!

great this is good ... i'll just sit and wait for more excuses as the days go by

15. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Aj is mentally weak.

Sephiroth Rising 7 likes this.