Eddie Hearn should be ashamed of himself

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Bulldog24, Dec 9, 2016.

1. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone banned Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    na delboy was in some decent fights, in his prime. haye, klit, helenuis.

CutThroatFade likes this.
  2. ems_kto

ems_kto Active Member Full Member

May 2, 2010
    Just watching the weigh in's. Chisora said that Hearn paid all the fines, he probs wrote it off against all the extra PPV's he's gonna get after the table throwing incident.

3. ems_kto

ems_kto Active Member Full Member

May 2, 2010
    And Whyte has def been on something in his time. He's got a severe case of gyno going on......
    This content is protected

4. On_The_Ropes

On_The_Ropes Active Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2016
    We moan about PPV a lot in this country but it could be worse, look at what they are doing across the pond in America, they have to spend $70 to watch a PPV and those braodcasters plan on doing 10 PPV shows next year so that's $700 boxing fans will have to pay if they want to see all the shows, so it could be much worse.

5. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    He's always had that though so it could just be pubertal.

However have a look at the Parker-Ruiz weigh in and take a look at the gyno tits on Parker at relatively low bodyfat. I hadn't noticed it that bad previously on him.

6. rski

rski Well-Known Member Full Member

May 12, 2013
    Hearn's promotions are becoming a bit of a joke this fight as well as the Haye farce might do his reputation serious damage if the actual fights are ridiculous. I see a lot of set up scenarios similar to reality TV but have got out of hand because you are dealing with boxers that have huge egos. Its all come across as silly. Hearn never bothered me that much but I think his taking the **** out of the public has reached new heights. each of these pressers is so predictable, what a surprise, Chisora went postal, who woulda guessed.....

7. BoxingABC1

BoxingABC1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2016
    oh leave off.

8. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    But check this out...

1) Hearn was only going to do 2-4 shows a year, then done like two in two months. And Gavin/Brook was PAY PER VIEW.
    2) Look at what they have on free TV (Thurman/Porter). Say no more!

On_The_Ropes likes this.
  9. On_The_Ropes

On_The_Ropes Active Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2016
    I agree they do much better shows in the US in terms of higher class fighters fighting each other, but $70 is taking the biscuit for a night at home watching the TV, I could have a decent night out for that kind of dosh.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  10. liger1992

liger1992 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2015
    You seem to be forgetting that Hearn can only do a PPV is Sky sanction it. Sky want PPV's as PPV's make money with the right fighters.

Again I ask if tomorrows show wasn't PPV where is the money coming from to pay for the show?

Camaris likes this.
  11. BoxingABC1

BoxingABC1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2016
    good point, without PPV and having to pay big money to main event fighters, we get cards like Crolla/Barroso

12. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Joshua should never be paid 7 figures for the fight tomorrow - if the fight did not happen because £200k was not enough who cares?

13. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    agreed ,the biggest scandal about this whole thing is not the Whyte/Chisora stuff ,its actually asking people to pay to watch it!....2 complete bums who would only have made sparring partners not long ago

the whole card is a disgrace imo,probably the first PPV im not buying

14. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Surely the gate would bring in big money?

15. kobashi

kobashi Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2010
    You are forgetting that the PBC model is absolutely bleeding Money. Yeah for the fans it's great that kind of fight is on TV but let's get real here. As a business model it is so flawed.

Paying for TV time is not the right way to do things. That kind of model would never happen here. No promoter here would get any kind of financial backing for a business model that loses money on a huge scale.