Eddie Hearn should be ashamed of himself

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Bulldog24, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    True, but PPV for Joshua to blast out a nobody is not worth the money.

The whole show has ONE decent fight on it - Yafai/Concepcion. That's it.

2. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Why not? His a box office star who sells tickets and has a history of selling high PPV numbers.

It's not realistic to think AJ can get 7 figure purses and then for his next fight say 'AJ sorry can't do PPV so your purse is now £500,000'. AJ would ditch his promoter and look elsewhere as he knows what his worth and the value he brings to the table.

3. Two Shakes

Two Shakes Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Really ?

If Joshua jumped ship to another promoter, they might do the unthinkable and put him in against somebody with a pulse.

Selling this sort of bull to casuals is all well and good, but it ain't cutting the mustard with people that follow the sport.

4. Puroresu_Fan

Apr 6, 2016
    But that's the beauty of it isn't it. You don't have to pay to watch it. If you don't think it's worth the money don't pay. You've not lost anything so what's the problem.

Did they try to make the Vlad fight? Did Vlad walk away from the fight or Joshua?

After Vlad pulled out who should they have got for AJ?

5. Brixton Bomber

Sep 21, 2013
    I'm starting to think this idiot Puror whatever is a Matchroom employee. He backs them to the hilt.

6. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Hearn paid the fine Chisora stated today. Not sure if he was being serious.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  7. Two Shakes

Two Shakes Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Hearn imo is the best promoter in the business and all credit to him. He also seems to look after his fighters.

What grates me is trying to convince those who know that Joshua is the future of heavyweight boxing.

Its like a Frank Bruno rerun, and thats not a slur on Frank, as i think he'd have taken Joshua to school.

8. Puroresu_Fan

Apr 6, 2016
    I agree AJ has to step it up and after molina it's Vlad which is all good.

Whether his the future dominant fighter who knows but 2017 he needs big fights

9. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    One thing we agree on after a professional career on Sun morning, consisting of 18 fights versus 18 puddings and we still don't have a clue how good he is until he faces a fight greater than the 100/0 risk fights to date.

Brixton Bomber and Twentyman like this.
  10. Puroresu_Fan

Apr 6, 2016
    Is his first 18 fights any worse than Fury's? Let's remember this division isn't exactly blessed with talent. The top 10 is so so.

Look at who he had to fight to win the title. Charles Martin. The division has no depth.

11. SnoopyboyM

SnoopyboyM Active Member Full Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Never a PPV bill in a million years

12. Brixton Bomber

Sep 21, 2013
    This.

Face it: Joshua's title will get absolutely milked. He won't be going anywhere NEAR a legit challenge till 2018/9.

ZODIUS!!! likes this.
  13. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I think this hasn't been said enough, it's almost been made a fact that Whyte actually said "I'm going to kill you"

Everybody is saying Whyte threatened his life and then Chisora snapped, it didn't happen, Whyte said he'll see him outside, never mentioned the words kill, murder, shoot, stab or whatever else.

If somebody said to me "I'll see you outside after" I'd think I was having some fisticuffs I wouldn't think "He just threatened to kill me".

14. RICKY BALBOA

RICKY BALBOA Member Full Member

Dec 1, 2012
    ***** YOU ARE CHRIS EUBANK SENIOR AND I CLAIM MY £5 *****

Subak likes this.
  15. ZODIUS!!!

ZODIUS!!! The certified boss banned Full Member

Nov 27, 2016
    Interestingly enough it's actually a scientifically proved fact that criminals all share a specific shrand of DNA from a common ancestor and this genetic factor makes them better at fighting

I for one would like to see more criminals in the ring