Eddie Hearn Steroids PEDs interview

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Red Hulk40, Dec 9, 2018.

1. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Being muscular has huge advantages at HW although it comes with diminishing returns the bulkier you get. Joshua typifies that statement.

Food doesn’t do jack ****. It’s hormones that build muscle. Joshua as a HW will eat 6k cals a day. What he eat won’t matter for his athletic performance. He’ll be eating cereals, massive amounts of bread and pasta, chicken and chips etc. Trust me on that.

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    I dunno.
    If a skinny girl walks into a room with a perfectly fake looking pair of tits, what you gonna say ?
    Do we have to X-Ray her before making a judgment call on the issue of silicone implants ?

If an athlete runs 9.6 seconds or a muscular boxer's lean weight fluctuates by 10 or 20 pounds, I think it's a fair call to say anabolic steroids/HGH or other PEDs, especially if one is of the opinion that about 90% of the top players must be using anyway, in the 21st century.

S.K, Jackstraw and CutThroatFade like this.
  3. ertwin

ertwin Active Member Full Member

Aug 2, 2016
    If you are a 6 foot and you are 200 pounds cut you are an absolut beast. A true genetic gift.
    Joshua and wlad are both 245 pounds cut at only 6’6.
    That are bodybuilder stats. Its like beeing 6 foot and weighting 216.
    Even discussing this is just ridiculous

4. thesmokingm

thesmokingm Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 18, 2009
    You know... these genetics you refer imo are BS. Its a thing that's put out there and ppl accept as fact. An example of this is the legend surrounding Armstrong before we knew why. In some of the documentaries they talked about that something special that made Lance, Lance. The special something like the fact that his muscles could sustain higher levels of lactic acid and he could recover from extreme exertions before other athletes could. As such his aura and legend grew. Knowing the facts now, it was a no **** moment, he was on gallons of EPO, no wonder he can just keep pushing and pushing lmao. It wasn't genetics!

5. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013

Don't it make you a little uncomfortable that..

Tyson Fury who tested positive for a banned substance, was actually banned for PED's has had nothing but hype, praise and love after last weekend, not a mention about his drug failing past or questioning his performance last weekend or before, it's not even mentioned when talking about his Klitschko win.

But AJ is having threads made on here basically saying he is a drug cheat when he hasn't tested positive for anything?

It just doesn't sit right with me, it feels like there is a clear agenda here.

6. N17

Feb 16, 2013
    You are just assuming guilt, it really is "guilty before proven innocent".

Just saying "it's common sense" isn't going to cut it my friend, you have to have proof, I don't care if 99% of athletes are dirty, if that other 1% insist they are clean then until they test positive then you have to give them the benefit of the doubt and go with "innocent until proven guilty".

You can't just assume guilt and talk like it's a fact without any evidence whatsoever, I'm sorry but it can't work like that, not just in boxing but in general.

Geo1122 likes this.
  7. N17

Feb 16, 2013
    Firstly I'm not offended,

What am I actually defending? I'm saying "innocent until proven guilty" and saying if you are going to accuse somebody of something have some proof, evidence..

That is hardly a controversial opinion, I don't think it is much to ask to have some proof or evidence.

As for how AJ looks physically, people talk like that is proof enough, well let's reverse this theory, Fury and Whyte failed drug tests, they look like men you've dragged out of a bar, so by your logic they should be ripped, Fury should have been looking like a Greek god shouldn't he?

Why isn't Fury constantly accused of being a drug cheat? Why haven't people been on here saying "inactive, two rubbish fights, fights Wilder, gets off the floor twice and performs at a high level with solid stamina, he must be juicing AGAIN"

I've seen none of that, why? Because Fury isn't ripped? Isn't that theory flawed considering he has already been banned for failing drug tests?

deltrotter likes this.
  8. Jackstraw

Jackstraw Mercy for me, justice for thee! Full Member

Jan 28, 2018
    Son, it’s tempting to just rip into you and insult you but I don’t want to be a d!ck about this, so come and sit and daddy Jackstraw’s knee and we’ll talk this through together. Deal?
    First, there was a time when I defended athletes who were accused of doping (Lance Armstrong and Manny Pacquiao immediately come to mind) so I do have some empathy for you. As time passed, however, and the Balco scandal revealed that the tentacles of PED useage went far deeper than any of us could’ve imagined my cloud of goodwill and naïveté began to evaporate. Now let me make a few points, although they’re not listed in any particular order...
    1) I’m under no obligation whatsoever to think and believe that athletes (or any celebrities for that matter) are moral people. The images and stories provided to us are sanitized media presentations meant to pique our interest and separate us from our money.
    2) In a day and age of widespread, rampant PED usage and multimillion dollar contracts readily available to top athletes it is the height of foolishness to believe that many athletes will not use PEDs. Hell, musicians are celebrated for their drug use as long as we like their music, so why should athletes not justify using drugs?
    3) Anthony Joshua looks like a steroid user and he is at the pinnacle of his sport; he has beaten known PED users; hence, it’s reasonable to believe that he uses.
    4) Anthony Joshua has been convicted of a previous drug charge; possession with intent to distribute. Not exactly the type of blemish you want on your record when you’re trying to convince others that you’d never, ever take PEDs because of your great moral compass.
    5) Antidoping agencies are not antidoping per se, they’re antidoping controversy.
    6) With regard to the, “Presumed innocent until proven guilty” nonsense, I call bullish!t! First, sport operates under a different ethic than civil law. Not to mention, we are not lawfully appointed jurors deciding upon the fate of a man; we’re anonymous Internet posters. The remnants of the Magna Carta and Bill of Rights are nothing more than quaint memories of homogeneous Christian civilizations that are in their death throes.
    7) Anthony Joshua is protected by powerful forces who have a vested interest in seeing him succeed. Whether it’s Sky, Matchroom, UnderArmour, British politicians or the owners of Wembley stadium Joshua makes other people rich. Those others will want him to do whatever it takes to reach the top and stay on top.
    8) The fact that you still tried to compare PED usage to child raping says something about you that you’d rather not have said.

That is all for now. Carry on.

S.K and ertwin like this.
  9. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Yes it’s totally crazy how that been glossed over to the point where it never really happened,doesn’t fit the narrative with Fury as he’s always been fat.Joshua though who’s never been associated with PEDs,you’d swear it was him who’d been eating boar meat lol.
    Made me wonder about these top guys like Canelo and Fury testing positive and yet being given “punishments” that would seem to fit in with their off time or in Furys case his self imposed hiatus.

N17 likes this.
  10. deltrotter

deltrotter Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 8, 2013
    Did you defend Floyd?
    You are welcome to your opinion as is any one else here, but I would like to add to your rather long Essay. In today's media **** storm I am 100% sure that people ( mainly journalists ) will be on the case looking for that piece of evidence to prove that these superior athletes are cheating.
    My hope is that many of them are clean in line with the laws at the time, why would an athlete not get an upper hand using Legal techniques.

11. thesmokingm

thesmokingm Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 18, 2009
    That's not how life works. And really, you are taking this way too personally. Also, UKAD is known to be full of shart. They are behind the doping mega machine of Team Sky Cycling, and they conveniently lost track of the infamous "Jiffy Bag" that could have put Team Sky under the gun. UKAD, where you go to strike deals.

Robney, Unforgiven and CutThroatFade like this.
  12. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    AJ is very probably juicing, that much is clear. Hearn knows it too.

But I don't like the narrative that every top level athlete is juicing though, because we know that isn't true because of the guys that already had top class careers and suddenly made a massive jump in build, power and endurance, a lot of acne and often getting caught later on.
    We all know the stories of big names that were caught and told afterwards when they started to juice.
    Some where already top class with a great career before that, but really made the jump to elite by cheating. The US Postal dreamteam is a great example of guys that were already top class and became almost unbeatable when they were introduced to Lance's doping regime.
    And then there's also what they are using. If you fight for WBA or WBC belts or in certain countries nowadays, you can't get away with taking whatever you want and how much you want because you will almost certainly fail a test over time.

13. BeaverDan

BeaverDan Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 23, 2007
    I keep seeing people say "you can't get a body like AJ's without juicing" and "I know everything about nothing about everything about roids because I've been juicing since my granddad was a boy" blah blah blah.

Well answer this. How come Greek and Roman statues are bulked up/ripped to pieces!!!! Eh?!?!?!??

What about them? How did they know what that frame even looked like? No one would have been so ripped.

14. Geo1122

Geo1122 Active Member Full Member

Jul 7, 2017
    Hahah that’s actually a good point. I tend to find that many people on here sit on extreme sides of the fence. It’s rarely an argument that Joshua could be on PEDs or I believe he is on PEDs, it’s usually a firm, he is on PED’s (fact).

15. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Yep. And look at the Fury case. Allegedly tested positive Feb 2015, wasn't charged with an offence until June 2016. Originally the Furys were informed of "slightly elevated levels" and friendly "advised" to watch their "diets", with no other case to answer.
    16 months later, when in the meantime Tyson Fury had gone from leading British heavyweight contender to world champion and very infamous and unpopular celebrity in the UK, suddenly UKAD dusted off those old results they'd been keeping in a drawer somewhere and threw the book at him.
    Fury's critics have been so insistent that he "got off lightly" with a backdated ban, and that he somehow "bullied" UKAD into striking a deal with help of well-financed lawyers, they've missed the most crucial and damning implications of that case.
    ie. UKAD's blatant corruption and lack of transparency.
    UKAD, by their own admission but never satisfactorily explained, had a positive result sat somewhere for 16 months before deciding to charge a high-profile athlete with the offence. Not only that, but the athlete in question claimed he'd heard something about it at the time but that they had effectively told him just to be careful with his diet !

And still, people want to believe these "anti doping agencies" are on the level !

kasabian19 and Jackstraw like this.