Eddie Hearn V Joe Gallagher

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Nov 5, 2020.

1. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    How come? I'd of thought it'd be the perfect marriage. Both party's want the best for the fighter.

Patter983 likes this.
  2. chrisbonnie

chrisbonnie Active Member Full Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Gallagher isn't the sharpest tool in the shed is he.....

Arguing with the only man with a ligitimate boxing platform in the UK is career suicide.......

It seems Joe is equally as poor at managing fighters as he is at training them

3. Joshua

Joshua New Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Joe takes 35% off the fighters he trains and manages maybe ? there was a fight that was offered which his fighter had absolutely no chance of winning but was a huge purse which he took like when John Murray got destroyed when he fought in America I forget who he fought

4. Patter983

Patter983 Active Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2018
    He wasn’t Murray’s manager and he didn’t get a huge purse against Rios far from it !

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  5. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    I do agree, though the same applies to Joe Gallagher. He does seem to have unrealistic expectations of what his fighters are worth when they aren’t much more popular than he is and he’s about as popular as a fart in a lift.

Calum Johnson isn’t one to live the life from what I hear either, so not like he’s one you can reliably invest in for the future. Good fighter though and I’d love to see him out.

Tankatron, ipitythefool and Twentyman like this.
  6. Joshua

Nov 24, 2019
    So how much did John get ??? Joe wouldn’t let one of his fighters fight overseas without getting a big purse

7. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Agreed bud. Gallagher is a muppet as well. He irritates me, but it’s Hearn’s job to deal with these people and put on the best shows he can for us boxing fans.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  8. Smoking Ban

Smoking Ban New Member banned Full Member

Nov 6, 2020
    Is it true that Frank Warren doesn't wanna work with Joe either?

If so Joes stable is ****ed lol

9. Smoking Ban

Smoking Ban New Member banned Full Member

Nov 6, 2020
    Maybe Callum Johnson could sign with Top Rank. They have a lot of light heavys.

10. Joshua

Nov 24, 2019
    The word is Warren wants no part of Joes gym he’s never forgiven Joe for taking his fighters from Warren over to Hearn

11. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    True but I would bet that his purses would be a lot lower than what Hearn is offering as he has no traction in the US would need a couple of building fights before a title shot.

defeats Gallagher's argument at that point.

12. Matthew240

Matthew240 Member Full Member

Jun 3, 2019
    Would anyone have the link to the original Gallagher interview that started all the issues please? Many Thanks

CutThroatFade likes this.
  13. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    This content is protected

Matthew240 and CutThroatFade like this.
  14. Matthew240

Matthew240 Member Full Member

Jun 3, 2019
    Thanks a lot mate

15. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I haven’t watched all that interview but the bits I have seen (regarding Callum Johnson) I can’t help but understand his frustration.

I’m seeing some really poor cards padded out particularly with women’s fights (not got a problem with women’s boxing) because it’s cheaper. In the meantime, the likes of Warrington, Callum Smith, Callum Johnson, Liam Smith, John Ryder, Josh Kelly, Scott Fitzgerald etc etc are sat on their backsides. The product is woeful. I don’t know who’s fault it is but the money (unless generated by PPV) isn’t being invested into the sport to make it viable for these lads to get punched in the head.

Inglis_1 and Wizbit1013 like this.