Eddie Hearn ''Whyte Parker highest profile fight outside Joshua Wilder'' lool

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Jacob Hall, Jun 7, 2018.

1. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Hearn can sell fights no doubt and i hope this new deal means he wil be able to sell genuine top quality fights to the casual fans and educate them a bit.

What you are not quite understnding is the bull**** that we have to listen to, especially in the UK from these idotic boxing 'fans' who know nothing about the sport but will argue till they are blue in the face whatever narrative Sky/Matchroom are pushing.

That's the frustrating bit for me, you have to understand most of these people get pretty much ALL their boxing knowledge from Sky Sports/matchroom so their word is taken as gospel.

2. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Both of them will get paid very very well and I can see 400K PPV

3. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    I dont know what the feels like but i imagine it's like every second thread here on ESB.
    One thing to also remember is that the casual fan is never going to understand the sport. Boxing is complicated and extremely twisted.

4. nurological

May 25, 2012
    I agree but when that affects the quality of what we get to see then its a problem. I mean come on Dillian as a PPV headliner! What the **** has happened?

5. Badbot

Apr 17, 2011
    This i agree with.
    Credit to Sky and Matchroom, but ****!

6. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Joshua vs Povetkin
    Wilder vs Miller
    Fury vs Whyte
    Fury vs Bellew
    Fury vs TBA

AJfan likes this.
  7. Devon Dog

Devon Dog Member Full Member

Dec 29, 2017
    I always say it Britain is the Mecca of boxing now A london fight like this is the second best fight to AJ V Wilder

I see this as a steeping stone ( a dangerous one ) for Dillian

Forget the yanks The UK is the place to be in boxing I dont see Parker rebuilding his career out in the states As he is still a big emough name for a big US fight

8. nurological

May 25, 2012
    I always laugh when people say this. UK is the Mecca or hub of British boxing and that' it!

How many non British fighters base themselves here? Pretty much zero.

There's a reason why Hearn is trying to break America and it' not to put fights on in the UK.

AJfan likes this.
  9. SambaKing1

SambaKing1 Member banned Full Member

Mar 31, 2018
    I thought Edward was the worst, then I seen a video of his old man Barry Hearn years ago in a post fight interview saying that Herbie Hide is the next Muhammad Ali and will go down as the greatest heavyweight boxer that ever lived. Seriously.

Holler and AJfan like this.
  10. Devon Dog

Devon Dog Member Full Member

Dec 29, 2017
    He will break the US because the promoters out there are not as powerful as they used to be

Dont matter what you think of Hearn he is another Brit that is prabably one of the biggest forces in the sport now

11. SambaKing1

SambaKing1 Member banned Full Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Oh yes, oh yes they have! It seems to be largely part in thanks to those Youtube boxing channels like Boxing Legends TV who constantly make Josh Kelly videos with crazy captions like "boxer finds way into the 4th dimension" lmaoo.

And yes, casual's do stumble onto these videos when they are having random YouTube nights like the rest of us.

Badbot and AJfan like this.
  12. nurological

May 25, 2012
    That wasn't the point of the post. The poi t was the UK isn't the Mecca or hub of boxing.

AJfan likes this.
  13. AJfan

AJfan Member banned Full Member

Mar 18, 2018
    What promotion are you talking about?!?! What promotion is Santa Cruz-Mares missing that a non-PPV Hearn show had? You're talking straight out of your backside.

If the card does less than 500k like you said please come back to me, but when it does far more please feel free to quietly look yourself in the mirror and realise YDKSAB.

There could be many reasons for you being such a mug. I'm more of a believer in nurture rather than nature but I understand both sides of the argument. In your specific case I would suggest it's a combination of being utterly uneducated, wildly inexperienced and bursting with irrational hubris.

If you read my post again you'll see I didn't call your statement idiotic at all. I clearly quoted a different post by a different poster. We all make mistakes, but you might want to consider the possibility that you are an idiot after all.

This kind of dillusion is exactly what I was referring to in my first post.

Parker is fighting in the UK because Hearn clearly has options or a co-promotional deal on him from the AJ fight.

Wow. Clearly the BS flows strong in that bloodline.

It's shocking that Sky have let this couple of clowns take over their boxing product entirely. I guess the discount they got on the other quality Matchroom programming like snooker/darts/golf/fishing/table tennis/bowls/pool/jigsaw puzzling/knitting/pottery/stamp collecting/etc must have been well worth the sacrifice.

14. Badbot

Apr 17, 2011
    Hey, i hope the card does more. I am just going by what the ratings have been so far for SHO this year.
    And i looked more into the fight. Seems Ringstar is also promoting this event, so there is some hope.
    All together they had 3 press conferences and one nice little media day. And some highlights were uploaded to youtube.

15. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Whyte and Parker are good fighters but quite A level. If one of them gets a KO then that guy can be rated alongside Ortiz and Povetkin, for me anyway.