Eddie Hearn

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by billy nelson, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Trumpy

Trumpy Active Member Full Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Might be worth pointing out , Brook did win his title in a close fight , It was closer than a lot think , But he did then commence to ducking his mandatorys and all the big names , so Hearn done excatly what you suggest he should do ,, he had Brooks duck everyone ,, Brooks did fight GGG but it was a, never going to win fight , it was obviously a money fight , although they are suggesting he struggles and should stay at the weight ,, So that brings us to Spence , what does Hearn do ,hEARN HAS PUBLICLY SAID HE FEELS ww IS TO HARD FOR kell and Kell should go up in weight , but Kell says NO .

So does Hearn , advise Brook to dodge Spence and be stripped or fight the mandatory he has been ducking .. Time has come to pay the piper and see if Brook is a true world champ , or a guy who got lucky in one fight , and if/when he loses you cannot blame Hearn because a fighter chose to defend his title rather than be stripped .

Of course you keep pointing out that boxing is dangerous so Burns , Brook and others should be given easy fights because you don't want them hurt , But its ok to go hurt someone that there outclassing , sort of double standards there ,, its much safer to let the world champ fight guys of equal calibre , and if they lose , such has Burns has been doing , don't blame others because they lost a 50-50 fight against an unknown , maybee think , FOOKING HELL Burns is a 2 time world champ , he just got trounced by an unknown ,, time to give up

JoffJoff likes this.
  2. Mc2

Mc2 Member Full Member

Mar 6, 2017
    Honestly both guys have had shockingly bad career progression...sticking brook in with golovkin. And sticking burns in with di rocco. Have equally been as bad. For different reasons but let me explain.

I ve no problem sticking brook in with spence but not after sticking him in with golovkin two weights up. Not just two weights up but the hardest punching midfleweight for years. Shocking decision. Now we,re in a position hes struggling at the weight....after a beating. Lets be honest it was a beating. Its actually a disgrace. After porter there was loads of options out there...the problem was...eddie hearn didnt want to speculate to accumulate. Because its all about how much he can make from the next fight. Hence why he got stuck in with golovkin. I cant think of a worse choice when you strip down eddies his stocks never been higher bull****. He,d say that if it was a first round beating.

Ricky burns has pretty much shown he cant cut it at the top level. Winning that belt was just stupid unless your just in it to make quick cash at the expense of everything else. Relickh almost beat him. Hes never had a run since he broke his jaw against beltram. Why would he be ready to beat anyone at the higher weight. Its clear to anyone he cant beat anyone good there. Decent fighter burns...but thats as far as hes going. At least give him a chance. After indongo its clear where hes at...but it wont stop eddie sticking him in with guys too goid for him after probably a few soft touches. Eddie likes to talk big...but essentially when alls said and done hes letting these guys down. No ones saying stick them in with mugs...just guys you know about at least...that you ve got a chance if beating.

3. Lil Niall

Lil Niall Active Member Full Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Eddie wanted no part of getting in the ring when Gabe was kicking off about the 119-109 scorecard. Practically ended up outside the ring standing behind Bellew!!!

Draperys and S.K like this.
  4. Mc2

Mc2 Member Full Member

Mar 6, 2017
    Sums hearn up...brave promoter. But anything but when it comes down to it. Why not give himself one of his famous pep talks before facing chisora...gabe etc.

5. Bent-nose

Bent-nose Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Brook ducked his mandatories? He got slagged off for fighting his mandatories.

S.K likes this.
  6. dannyc1990

dannyc1990 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 25, 2013
    This is just stupid, how is ricky moving up 5lbs fom 135 to 140 the same as somebody going up 13lbs? Not only 13lbs but also against the most feared boxer in golovkin... possibly the biggest puncher at middleweight. Ricky went up to face omar figueroa lol ...Any of the top guys will beat figueroa

boxingcrazy likes this.
  7. dannyc1990

Apr 25, 2013
    If anything he 'backed' himself into that corner because he could of easily vacated straight after the golovkin fight and nobody would of said anything. The longer he held onto the belt the more pressure built... Im in the middle to be honest. I can't praise kel for taking his mando fight but i cannot criticise like others do, when he took the perceived 'easier' mando's... Having said that i'm going to brook v spence and hoping for a very good fight

8. dannyc1990

Apr 25, 2013
    But in the case of brook.. his mandatory was originally due october 26th and then to have the fight within 90 days. Why before then can he not do what he wants in his voluntary time frame? If he wants to move up for one fight why can't he when he mandatory wasn't even due? Nobody was going to be waiting longer than they should of. Ofcourse brook got the injury which put everything back but that can't be predicted before a fight.

9. dannyc1990

Apr 25, 2013
    A tad silly, 3/4 defences as ibf champion will of been a mandatory. How that is ducking your mandatories i'l never know..

S.K likes this.
  10. liger1992

liger1992 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Can you please name the mandatory fights Brook ducked?

This should be fun.

S.K likes this.
  11. Mortal

Mortal Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    http://www.thefightcity.com/top-12-...y-lynch-alexis-arguello-ricky-burns-scotland/

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  12. boxingcrazy

boxingcrazy Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 3, 2010
    ok after reading the article then I might have been a bit hasty with my assumptions, I totally forgot about Benny Lynch and Walter magowan, who I had the pleasure of meeting many years ago:thumbsup: but on paper by winning 3 world titles at 3 different weights I think Ricky will still be seen especially to younger fans as the most successful Scottish boxer tbh, but I stick with my original vote of ken buchanan:thumbsup:

Mortal likes this.
  13. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Haha Brook loves a mandatory!

Brook should have stayed in America after the Porter imo. He could have lit up the WW division 3 years ago but now only has a broken eye socket to show for it.

14. Mortal

Mortal Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Ken and Benny are also two of the greatest British fighters. Both are usually voted in the top ten.

15. dannyc1990

Apr 25, 2013
    It's not so simple to say 'oh il stay in america now' though is it. He has a deal with a british promoter who wants to promote his top stars in england for a british broadcaster... theyv said many times theyd travel to america but each time are told there is no money in the fight.. why do you think al allowed errol to travel? Because brook isnt well known in america and there is more money in the fight in the UK. People seem to forget brook got stabbed too which meant he was out of the ring for about 10 months.

Theres a reason top rank were also going to allow vargas to travel.. because there is more money in the fights for brook over here. People also want crazy money to fight him, vargas wanted over $2m while brook wasnt even going to make £1m.. he has been heavily avoided for many years. Kind of like spence really, both having to become mando to get their shot...