Eddie Hearns: Only AJ is allowed to duck mandatories to have a rematch, if Wilder does it I'll sue!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by NasalSpray, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Tankatron

Tankatron Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 1, 2014
    That's all well and good to say and I would make Wilder a heavy favourite, so why not just make the fight already. It would bring in far more dollar than the Breazeale fight and the Ortiz rematch and the build up would be epic.

This is my main issue with Wilder. He's freezing out a potential opponent who would bring him a whole new fan base in the UK and stick a crap ton of dollar in his pocket and yet he has shown absolutely zero interest in making the fight. He would also be sticking it to another Matchroom stable fighter and we all know Wilder hates Hearn. It's a win win from where I'm standing and would be entertaining both at the pressers and in the ring

2. rapscalion

rapscalion Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Lol good one

3. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    Breazeale fight was a mandatory and the Ortiz fight is what a lot of his distrators called for since they believed and insisted that there was some kind of conspiracy involved in their initial encounter as to the reasons why Wilder won.

So now he feels compelled to fight Ortiz again to clear it all up for those who were crying about the fight.

As for Whyte, he brings nothing to the table except some false kudos from uk fans who a couple a months ago were stating that no one had heard of who Wilder was.

Wilder's team have already bested Hearn strategically by securing a trilogy with Fury, not to mention behind the scenes, Hearn attempts at making his mark in the US market was stifled by Al Haymon, his connections and other rival promoters who are based stateside And of course as a result of the fury wilder fight, it forced Hearn's hand to maket AJ to America, forcing him to leave his comfort zone and get beaten by Ruiz.

Dillian whyte is just background noise at this point. He will have to wait years to get a title shot and that's if he's lucky.

velagod and 305th like this.
  4. Tankatron

Jun 1, 2014
    Again, if Whyte is frozen out of a title shot, how is that good for the sport of boxing? Where is the inducement for other fighters to take risk to improve their ranking and increase the likelihood of a title shot? What exactly did Ortiz do to earn his 2 title shots? Beat Jennings and Malik Scott? Whyte should have took the shot at AJ but, just another instance of a fighter over inflating his value.

Whyte however has now been ranked no.1 in the WBC rankings for getting on for 600 days. If that means nothing then why bother with rankings. All I hear is Whyte is easy work for Wilder and if that's the case then what exactly is the problem? Right now, I would argue that Rivas is just as dangerous as Ortiz as he's looked pretty ordinary in his last few fights and hasn't fought a single ranked opponent since Wilder.

Other than Fury and Ortiz, Whyte makes perfect sense for Wilder in my book. An easy win apparently with plenty of upside.

Andyw, UKboxingfan and Work the body like this.
  5. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I said.. so stop cherry picking sentences, words or odd comments.. I said, if you are saying (because you seemed to imply it) that Hearn is only backing Whyte right now for a WBC shot now AJ has been beaten then you are either.. misinformed, have had your head in the sand for 18 months or you are a blatant liar.

I never called you a liar outright, I said EITHER.. But it's very Interesting you only focused on liar.. because you know, we all know that comment about Hearn only backing Whyte now was complete BS.

You've either forgotten, never seen, ignoring or lying about the multiple offers Hearn made Wilder for a shot for Whyte... was AJ beaten then?

You've either forgotten, never seen, ignoring or lying when it comes to Whyte headlining PPV events, Hearn was promoting, backing and paying Whyte large... was AJ beaten then?

You've either forgotten, never seen, ignoring or lying about Hearn and Whyte having recent meetings with the WBC (and the past ones)... was AJ beaten then?

You obviously have issues with Hearn, that's fine, I have a few myself but don't just come on here and rattle off complete rubbish.

Hearn took Whyte straight after his defeat to AJ and I'll repeat.. has built his profile, earned Whyte lorry loads of money, Whyte is number one with the WBC and most importantly remained unbeaten.

Yes 600 days, only now they talk legal action... Yeah, your point is? do you actually follow Boxing?

I'll repeat again.. Hearn and Whyte have had meetings and conversations with the WBC, they have been given certain promises, Rivas is supposed to an eliminator and then Teams Wilder comes and basically fills Wilders diary for the next 18 months.. Ortiz, Fury and a third fight with Fury.

What do you expect Hearn and Whyte to say? They have been given certain guarantees and promises and they are making sure the WBC don't try and stiff Whyte out of his earned, deserved and promised shot.

Or they will have to look at and most probably pursue some sort of legal action.

6. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sep 27, 2016
    No one and I mean no one, besides MR goons and some weirdos from the uk, gives two ****s about Dillian Whyte.

He doesn't have a belt, is not mandatory and is unheard of in America.

7. Tankatron

Jun 1, 2014
    Wrong I'm afraid. 2 of the World boxing organisations have Whyte ranked no.1, 2 more at no.5. The Ring magazine has Whyte ranked at no.5 including the titleists and Box rec. has Whyte ranked at no.6.

That makes Dillian Whyte a more relevant opponent than 95% of Deontay Wilders previous opponents and what I have stated is simply fact and nothing to do with being a Marchroom goon. Whyte deserves a title shot, whether that be against Ruiz or Wilder, I don't much care but, he does deserve a shot.

Ortiz is getting his shot again and Fury will get his rematch, after that, who else is more deserving of a title shot?

UKboxingfan and Work the body like this.
  8. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sep 27, 2016
    After Ortiz and Fury, providing Wilder gets through them, then a unification vs the winner of Ruzi vs Joshua.

Unification always trumps a fight with a scrub.

9. Tankatron

Jun 1, 2014
    Do you agree that Whyte should then be in line should he remain undefeated and if not, then why not?

10. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Why are wilder and his fans so scared of little ol Dillian Whyte from the UK?

11. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sep 27, 2016
    Of course he will be next in line as mandatory if he gets past Rivas.

And as mandatory he will have to wait a year or 2 before he gets a shot, since unifications take precedence and other fights have already been agreed.

It's not really difficult to understand.

I'm just curious through, who will be your new hard done by bogeyman after Whyte gets flattened?

12. Degale

Degale Active Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    They know Whyte beats Wilder.

13. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015
    I'm expressing an opinion. A lie is the deliberate misrepresentation of a fact. Seeing as none of us can truly claim to be in possession of all the facts, no opinion in this case can be labeled 'a lie'. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and everyone is entitled to disagree, although I think it's always better to keep emotions out of things like a discussion about a boxing promoter...

Okin129 likes this.
  14. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sep 27, 2016
    You must dislike Whyte that you wish to see him end up with a surgical scars on the top of his head

The guy with no head movement, no stamina, against one of the hardest hitting champions in history eventually gets brain bled and placed in a medically induced coma.

A fate I would not wish upon any fighter.

15. Tankatron

Jun 1, 2014
    I won't have one and I don't have one now. I just want to see competetive and entertaining match ups and not just a constant merry go round of rematches and rubber matches. I'm not even remotely interested in Wilder rematching Ortiz as Ortiz is a spent force. If Wilder or Fury win the rematch conclusively or it stinks the joint out with Fury on the back foot the whole time, will a rubber match be quite so appealing?

By that time the likes of Usyk, Joyce, Hrgovic and Ajagba will be knocking on the mandatory door. Do they also need to wait a year or two?

UKboxingfan likes this.