Eddie needs to calm down

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Hattonmad, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    He's talking about Wlad AJ like it's the fight of the century. He even said on ifl tv "This is Klitschkos 29th title defence". Erm Edward, Klitschko isn't defending anything. He was soundly beaten by Tyson Fury nearly two years ago and hasn't fought since.

AJ Wlad is a good event of course and it's sold excellently and will do great PPV numbers. But lets not get away from the fact that this is a paper unproven champion against an aging former champion who was soundly beaten in his last fight almost two years ago.

2. oiky

oiky Gypsy Boy Full Member

Jan 17, 2014
    eddie always gets carried away

nothing new

mylo86 likes this.
  3. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    If your not a matchroom fighter you don't exist. Fast car.

Odins beard likes this.
  4. oiky

Jan 17, 2014
    in their own little dream world aren't they

5. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Eddie is saying if AJ beats Wlad he becomes the biggest sports star in the world. Work that one out? I reiterate Wlad is 41, hasn't fought in nearly two years and lost his last fight by a fair margin.

I don't mind Eddie but by anyone's standards that's ridiculous talk.

6. oiky

Jan 17, 2014
    eddies tall tales are hilarious

bold claims that are ungrounded

7. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    It's almost like Eddie has forgotten Fury beat Klitschko in Germany, The same Klitschko that hadn't lost in how many years?

Fury went over there a huge underdog, the challenger and had to deal with all the tricks the Klitschko pull.

So Klitschko is coming off a defeat and fighting in the UK so can Joshua really better that win by Fury?

Unless it's an early and spectacular KO then I don't think he can.

Odins beard likes this.
  8. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    He's not far from being wrong. The fight will be in front of 90,000 people which is the biggest post war crowd in Britain.

Then you have two of the most exciting big powerhouses in the division going head to head.

There was not much excitement for casuals with the Tyson Fury Vs Wlad due to it being in Germany and not a lot of people take to Fury. He was considered fodder for Wladimir going into the fight by many who did not rate or see his ability. Where today Joshua is a favourite in half and another half see Wlad as favourite, so its a true 50/50 on paper.

That is why it is a huge fight. Maybe not fight of the century, as that can only be concluded if the fight lives up to expectations.

S.K likes this.
  9. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    It's a big fight for boxing, but it's probably 25 years ago since the HW champion was viewed as the biggest sports star pf course.
    Eddie always loses his grip on reality when he promotes a big event it seems, but who really cares?! All of the big ones spout bull far beyond just trying to promote and blow up the fight.

S.K likes this.
  10. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    i just find the eddie IFL stuff hugely entertaining as do many others as its often the most viewed stuff on their page. He's good at the hype thats for sure!

S.K likes this.
  11. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    Warren would have said it was bigger than the World Cup Final or the Olympic 100m final without a doubt he would have so let's accept Eddies version please......

S.K likes this.
  12. oiky

Jan 17, 2014
    warren doesn't really stretch it like that anymore

and yeah i do find eddie and his ifl tv videos comical and i don't mind the guy

but he can tell a tall tale haha

13. londonboxingess

londonboxingess Active Member Full Member

Nov 30, 2012
    It's promoting 101 isn't it and a lot of the casuals eat up as the 90,000 and PPV figures will show, look at how many PPV buy the hype for the PPV's, oh he hates him, wants to kill him etc Hell he even managed to convince that Brook did well against Triple GGG, when he basically demolished him in the first round and broke his eye socket

14. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    He doesn't stretch it like that because he's not had an event like that for years to boast about that's the ONLY reason he hasn't BS his way around. He stated BT deal is the biggest boxing deal ever? Didn't see anything different than Sky shows and I'd love to know viewing figures for his first show. Anyway this is turning into a FW is a snake post but it's not.

15. oiky

Jan 17, 2014
    I get ya mate fair points